January 2021 Transfers | Page 16 | Vital Football

January 2021 Transfers

Seems like we have signed Bolton Wanders to sign 17-year-old midfielder Regan Riley. He is a central midfielder who can play as an attacking midfielder too.

Last edited:
We have a few players out on loan who aren't getting game time for what ever reason. It doesn't mean they aren't good enough but is a concern.

Other than Sitti (Who has been injured and has returned to us), Thomas (4 games) and Bushiri (who has played 6 or 7 and has changed clubs) who are you thinking about?

I didn't realise that Cantwell's contract expires next summer. Surely the club will look to give him a new two year deal, which you'd think he'd sign if we are back in the prem. If not then I guess the club would look to sell this summer.

In fact next summer - Cantwell, Pukki, Rupp, Stiepermann, Barden and Oxboroughs' contracts expire. Drmic and Lietner too.

I expect we will hear of contract renewals nearer the end of the season once promotion is secured.

Next summer = summer of 2022?

I know it is frustrating. The offer contained add ons so probably did push the actual offer to over a million but understandably PBoro want around the money now. We must have that sort of money. He looks a real talent and I hope we go back with a further offer.

We didnt sign Famewo the first time round, we signed him in the following transfer window. So hopefully we will sign this lad eventually especially as he has not signed a contract covering the period beyond the summer of 2022.

That's a fair amount of young midfielders.
We seem to have a thing about midfielders.

5 slots to fill - two deep and three attacking
we needed some more central attacking midfield players in the pipeline.

We could also do with some more left footers - central backs and wide attacking midfielders (who play on the right as we invert our wide attacking midfielders / wingers)

Other than Sitti (Who has been injured and has returned to us), Thomas (4 games) and Bushiri (who has played 6 or 7 and has changed clubs) who are you thinking about?
I think Adshead has only played 6 games.

I don't think Gassan Ahadme has played a game.

Sinani has not been playing regularly but I think he has had an injury.

I'm not sure how many games Richardson has played but I'm sure it's not too many.

Like you say Bushiri, Sitti and Thomas.

Sitti wasn't playing even when fit.