Burnley v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 27 Jan - 6pm | Page 31 | Vital Football

Burnley v Aston Villa Match Thread - Wed 27 Jan - 6pm

It's good to see We have a great style of play this season but it covers over some bad habits that still exist from last season like the timing of substitutes, poor zonal marking, not taking easy chances in front of goal, and unable to close down games whilst in a winning position.

This won't change until the coaching management address these problems but they are problems that can be fixed so it's over to you Dean & Co?

Last edited:
It would have been a different night if Mings had passed the ball when he had the opportunity, a square 10ft pass to Konsa and let him clear it, but no, once again a player try’s to protect a slowly rolling ball out of play, and how many get caught? Mings did, many more will, I fucking hate it, some try it when the balls 10yrds from the by-line.
They didn’t get a sniff 1st half, and mistakes like that will always aid a team like Burnley, like a council estate dog, once they latch on to yer leg they ain’t letting go.

It would have been a different night if Mings had passed the ball when he had the opportunity, a square 10ft pass to Konsa and let him clear it, but no, once again a player try’s to protect a slowly rolling ball out of play, and how many get caught? Mings did, many more will, I fucking hate it, some try it when the balls 10yrds from the by-line.
They didn’t get a sniff 1st half, and mistakes like that will always aid a team like Burnley, like a council estate dog, once they latch on to yer leg they ain’t letting go.

It would have been a different night if Watkins had scored a very very very decent one on one.

There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. We crossed it last night
Yes very cocky, trying to be Man City rather than getting 3 up first, as I said at HT I'm never happy until we get 3 up. That's the minset the team have we are not a team to defend a 1-0 lead

Oh give over. Fans have been moaning for years about Bruce-ball and boring football.

We finally have an exciting team to watch and now their too cocky.

No pleasing some people.

Facts are we massively outplayed them first half.

We outplayed them by a small margin 2nd half.

We defended badly for the 1st goal. That happens to all teams, it's no arrogance, it's football.

2nd goal was a complete fluke.

3rd goal was a sublime finish.

I didn't see any let up in desire, skill or determination. I didn't see any arrogance. I just saw a game of football. These things happen. As well as a team plays it only takes a second for the opposition to score a goal and you're never gonna stop them all.

I for one hope we play on Saturday like we played last night, as if we do chances are we'll win.

Well with the amount of chances we created, we should have taken 6 points off Burnley in the last couple of months, somehow we only have 1. We just aren't clinical enough in front of goal for me - there have been several games where we've come away thinking if we'd taken our chances we could have battered them.
Having said that if you concede 3 in any game its going to be a struggle to win. Deano needs to look at his subs much earlier than he does too. You could see Burnley had got a grip on the game in the 2nd half and fresh legs may have changed that for us.
Just need to put another winning run together now, otherwise we will fall away into lower mid table. Pre-season I probably would have taken that, but after the start we had and the way others have under performed, a European spot is still up for grabs

I haven’t seen the game so I’m relying on this thread and the online outlets. One recurring theme on here is that we create loads of chances but don’t score from them. The opinion is that we have to improve on our chances to goals ratio.
Given that we field basically the same team in every match and play with an attacking, attractive style, how do we improve our ability to convert chances?

It's a bitter pill to swallow.

Mrs Sir D asked me why I keep shaking my head.

She will never understand.
Mrs C&BB was livid - she switched the telly off and stormed off in a huff. At half time I was on a promise, at full time it was sleeping on the couch!! I have enrolled her on an anger management course this morning just so we can keep all the crockery in the house in one piece:throw:

I haven’t seen the game so I’m relying on this thread and the online outlets. One recurring theme on here is that we create loads of chances but don’t score from them. The opinion is that we have to improve on our chances to goals ratio.
Given that we field basically the same team in every match and play with an attacking, attractive style, how do we improve our ability to convert chances?

Stop shooting straight at the keeper would be a good start

Against Liverpool, everything we hit finished up in the net somehow. That was Burnley last night. Two of theirs trickled in just beyond every stretching leg /finger. It just happens. I don't think there are big lessons here - luck is a factor in football and we lacked it last night.