Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

Hmmm, a bit of a gamble letting so many leave with so few left, especially with the covid issues currently around the club. Obviously a balancing act with one or two unlikely to get much game time under MA though so the bigger picture needed. I am hoping we can get through this next couple of weeks with the depleted squad so that everyone can return fit and healthy, then any new additions needed for that tough run of games to come.

Last edited:
I was sure we would see a couple of arrivals before tomorrow's game. Maybe (hopefully) it's a bluff and we will make some signings.

These next two are winnable games, I hope we don't slip up because we've left ourselves short.

I was sure we would see a couple of arrivals before tomorrow's game. Maybe (hopefully) it's a bluff and we will make some signings.

These next two are winnable games, I hope we don't slip up because we've left ourselves short.

MA did last week say possibly something before Tuesday, whether that’s fallen through or taking longer to sort out, who knows?

We didn't really "let" Gotts go, Leeds recalled him. We were perhaps ambivalent anyway, but out of our control to a degree.

Yeah, if we had played him more, and in the role Leeds see him best as, ie CM, he would have probably stopped here. I don’t think we saw the best out of him and tbh I expected a bit more given how the Leeds fans were raving about him?

Yeah, if we had played him more, and in the role Leeds see him best as, ie CM, he would have probably stopped here. I don’t think we saw the best out of him and tbh I expected a bit more given how the Leeds fans were raving about him?

agreed

If we had played him more in midfield ...
... we may have been more mid table.

Will be a really good player but needs to develop physically before he will be able to fully realise his potential.

There's is always the possibility that we have already signed someone but have yet to announce them to keep Evans guessing... keep an eye on Harry Anderson's social media for potential leaks.
or that stacey-west blog... )))
adding 2+2:
seems odd timing to let Elbouzedi go out without a new signing lined up to come in. especially with the current shortage of numbers in the squad.
last time the echo did a live news feed we signed rogers.

adding 2+2:
seems odd timing to let Elbouzedi go out without a new signing lined up to come in. especially with the current shortage of numbers in the squad.

Any echo live news feed planned for today?

adding 2+2:

Must admit whenever the Echo run a live news feed I feel like something might happen. It doesn't always though.

Re Elbouzedi the number of times we've heard that we're at the bottom of a chain, so I agree we shouldn't really be at the bottom of this one - but again maybe we needed to be 100% sure the budget was free and wanted to take the offer rather than risk it falling through.

adding 2+2:
Yep, agreed. We're surely far too low on numbers to be letting players leave without having others incoming imminently (unless of course others are returning from injury to balance it out).

Must admit whenever the Echo run a live news feed I feel like something might happen. It doesn't always though.

Re Elbouzedi the number of times we've heard that we're at the bottom of a chain, so I agree we shouldn't really be at the bottom of this one - but again maybe we needed to be 100% sure the budget was free and wanted to take the offer rather than risk it falling through.
a concurrent thought is that we had someone lined up for today, which would explain releasing Elbouzedi and the echo news feed, but the deal has been delayed or cancelled - for any number of reasons.

the good news on anderson, montsma and mcgrandles makes squad numbers less of an issue for tuesday's game.

the good news on anderson, montsma and mcgrandles makes squad numbers less of an issue for tuesday's game.

Just watched MA's and Rogers interviews on the youtube channel. MA gets asked about his relationship with Evans, after last seasons game, brought a smile.

Rogers sounds incredibly grounded and mature for his age, looking forward to seeing how he fits in with Johnson ect;

I've seen rumours today that we have an ex American league player on trial from the ever reliable Twitters, as I am a bit bored I spent 20 minutes of my life looking at who it could be.
Now out of my 20 minute research I have come up with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Wyke just had contract ended with Atalanta Right side of defence or mid apparently, Ex Man United up to age 16 born in Bolton. I have no reason for coming up with this conclusion, so please ignore and carry on with your lives

I've seen rumours today that we have an ex American league player on trial from the ever reliable Twitters, as I am a bit bored I spent 20 minutes of my life looking at who it could be.
Now out of my 20 minute research I have come up with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Wyke just had contract ended with Atalanta Right side of defence or mid apparently, Ex Man United up to age 16 born in Bolton. I have no reason for coming up with this conclusion, so please ignore and carry on with your lives
Is it the same source that says Zach Clough is going to Grimsby Town 🧐🤣

Last edited: