Winter Transfer Window Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

Winter Transfer Window Thread

I was told yesterday that he's training with us. Bloke who told me is pretty reliable. Whether he's training with us with a view to signing or just to keep fit I don't know. Before he went to America he had 5 years at Forest so he might live locally(ish). Pretty sure he's covered rb, cb and dm in his time so would be useful from a versatility and experience point of view.

I'm not in the know, just passing on what I've been told!

Might be mates with bridcutt, or a recommendation by bridcutt.
they were at forest at the same time, and both started at Chelsea at the same time.

I'm getting old. I remember watching Mancienne play for England U21's at The KC Stadium. Along with Milner they were head and shoulders the stand out players that night. I was mildly surprised that he went onto a relatively modest career after that as he oozed quality. Roll on about 14 years but I still remember him from that performance.

Maybe an older head for the games with the likes of Pompey. Might be useful against those that bullied us a little.
Decent back-up if fit. Pay-per-game?

His career stats don't suggest that he has played that many games. Whether that is injuries or selection I don't know. 38 is the highest number of games he has played in a season (Forest 2014/15) and only 283 in +10 years of football. That doesn't include his foray into US football, which suggests he may be slightly out of our league in terms of salary,

On 3 August 2018, Mancienne joined Major League Soccer side New England Revolution His reported salary of $1.28 million in 2018, and $881,676 in 2019, made him not only the highest-paid defender in the league at the time, but also the highest-paid defensive player in the team's history.

Interesting player though.

Last edited:
His career stats don't suggest that he has played that may games. Whether that is injuries or selection I don't know. 38 is the highest number of games he has played in a season (Forest 2014/15) and only 283 in +10 years of football. That doesn't include his foray into US football, which suggests he may be slightly out of our league in terms of salary,

On 3 August 2018, Mancienne joined Major League Soccer side New England Revolution His reported salary of $1.28 million in 2018, and $881,676 in 2019, made him not only the highest-paid defender in the league at the time, but also the highest-paid defensive player in the team's history.

Interesting player though.
Can not earn money if you haven’t got a team

I saw Mancienne play a few times for Forest. Was a good centre-back for them and occasionally played right-back, but I always thought he was better in the centre. Pretty cultured player if I remember rightly.

I saw Mancienne play a few times for Forest. Was a good centre-back for them and occasionally played right-back, but I always thought he was better in the centre. Pretty cultured player if I remember rightly.
It was his calm, confidence and assuredness that stood out in the U21 game.

I thought Bungle had been the majority shareholder for years.
Nah, that was David Brent, seen here in his Sergio Georgini leather jacket.

images