The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

Need to cut Keinan some slack here especially @DeanoVilla who said he was League 1 at best.

I have seen him give 4 or 5 displays in the Championship where he was absolutely brilliant , the one at QPR where he absolutely beasted two lumps of centre halves especially and at Barnsley he did similar. Unfortunately injuries have hampered his progress and he may not be a Premier league player but he would certainly be a top player in the Championship.

No slack being cut from my end. I thought I was being generous with league 1 to be fair.

He's useless. A leech of Chris Herd and Jordan Lyden proportions who it was clear wasn't good enough for villa 4 years ago and yet we continue to pay him and hope he'll suddenly become Didier Drogba.

He's shit.

No slack being cut from my end. I thought I was being generous with league 1 to be fair.

He's useless. A leech of Chris Herd and Jordan Lyden proportions who it was clear wasn't good enough for villa 4 years ago and yet we continue to pay him and hope he'll suddenly become Didier Drogba.

He's shit.
harsh but potentially fair.

He's shit.

So you're trying to say you don't rate him then? Need to be clearer about these things. And for the record I always liked Chris Herd. Not a very good footballer certainly but bloody loved stuck in.

He’s good enough to have a decent championship career if he ever gets himself a good run without injury and gets regular game time but unfortunately that seems easier said than done. He has excellent physical attributes on the pitch but in the premier league you need the technique to go with it and he isn’t going to improve on this front when he’s injured or not playing.

Didnt; score in the Championship either did he? So don't think deano is being harsh. And to be a professioanl footballer in any of the divisions is a good level. I'd love to see him do well for a Championship side, but on the evidence seen so far I'm far from convinced.

I do get he has never had a good run, but that is because of a terrible injury record as well as form. Maybe if he gets fit, he could rebuild. But he isn't going to trouble PL team I don't think, injury free or no.

Or maybe he can be transformed into a holding midfielder, but again, can't see that at the PL level.

Would be overjoyed if he proved this wrong, but won't be holding my breath, or deano's slack end.

His goal record speaks for itself and he certainly had decent runs in the side when we were at a much worse level. He desperately needs a loan to demonstrate he can score goals at some sort of level but ultimately there's absolutely no future here for him IMO, not good enough.

Every time he plays he has a good game and looks dangerous. He almost scored against Man United the other day and he was only on the pitch for a few minutes.

Very happy to have him in the squad, if he gets a good run of games under his belt in the next two or three years he could develop into a top target man by 25, 26. I think Watkins was playing at Exeter when he was Davis age to put things into perspective.

He doesn't need a loan move away as things stand, because he's our second choice striker and he will get more minutes as the season goes on.

The one thing he hasn't got is the right instincts in front of goal. Unfortunately it's critical. He holds up well, makes it difficult for defenders, has some nice touches. But he needs to develop that bit extra. He might yet, but no guarantee.

Every time he plays he has a good game and looks dangerous. He almost scored against Man United the other day and he was only on the pitch for a few minutes.

Very happy to have him in the squad, if he gets a good run of games under his belt in the next two or three years he could develop into a top target man by 25, 26. I think Watkins was playing at Exeter when he was Davis age to put things into perspective.

He doesn't need a loan move away as things stand, because he's our second choice striker and he will get more minutes as the season goes on.
Every time he plays he puts in a decent shift and holds it up well but looks like he could never, in a million years, score a goal.

He had a decent opening against United and snatched at it, a striker with better instinct may have done better.

If he's really on the reported £45k a week (I have my doubts on this), then he wont be going anywhere until his contract expires

Would have been a chance for him tonight to play but we soooo....know he will be one with a positive test.

There's zero chance that he's on that much. Jack was on less than that going into last season.

Thought Jack was on about £70k a week last year as they gave him a rise before the season started. Got to admit I do think Keinans sounds way too much considering how little football he has played for us and other 1st team regulars are likely on less