The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

As I've been saying for months he's better than Sammata and Wesley, slowly the penny is dropping with others. Keinan actually is the player some think Wesley is ie a big strong hold-up CF. I've never seen Davis rolling on the floor complaining to the ref but I've seen opposition CB's rolling on the floor.
Your not the only one 57, plenty of us see a future for this lad. Glad we kept him around, those assists v Bristol were quality.

As I've been saying for months he's better than Sammata and Wesley, slowly the penny is dropping with others. Keinan actually is the player some think Wesley is ie a big strong hold-up CF. I've never seen Davis rolling on the floor complaining to the ref but I've seen opposition CB's rolling on the floor.

You definitely see exceptional strength and power, with great touch and control which are key to that hold up role.

To make it work he needs to get 8-10 goals as well as enabling the 2 wide forwards and midfIelders to get double figures as well, like the other teams that play this type of system.

And he’s a real asset in the last 10-15mins when you’re trying to hold onto a lead, could be real crucial in converting draws (not many of those I know, in a smith team) into wins etc.

Your not the only one 57, plenty of us see a future for this lad. Glad we kept him around, those assists v Bristol were quality.

I think I and those who can see it are in the minority who have spoken up and even been ridiculed over it. Even when he signed a 4-year contract people were still questioning it. Indeed they still are. Let's be honest I don't see many people putting him in the team against Fulham with Watkins and Traore, which would be a my choice

I still think a good loan spell would do him the world of good but it doesn't look like that's going to happen now and unless we've another striker incoming Smith has backed him massively so it time to repay that faith with a few goals.

I still think a good loan spell would do him the world of good but it doesn't look like that's going to happen now and unless we've another striker incoming Smith has backed him massively so it time to repay that faith with a few goals.
Any run of games would improve him. Dependant on who is here when the window slams shut, I'd hope it's with us. Imagine Davis, Watkins, Traore all playing and rotating up front - it would be a defenders nightmare, each being different in style.

Any run of games would improve him. Dependant on who is here when the window slams shut, I'd hope it's with us. Imagine Davis, Watkins, Traore all playing and rotating up front - it would be a defenders nightmare, each being different in style.

Yep he hasn't actually played a full PL game yet, Wesley got 20 on the bounce unopposed and still didn't look anything like a footballer who cost 22m.

And he’s a real asset in the last 10-15mins when you’re trying to hold onto a lead, could be real crucial in converting draws (not many of those I know, in a smith team) into wins etc.

I agree, I said at the end of the season we should congratulate him because I felt he played a huge role in us staying up. He took a lot of pressure off the backline simply by keeping the ball out of our half.

Where the hell is he? As if I need ask. Terrible decision not to sign another striker.

And I'm a fan of Keinan as well. I think his hold up and aerial play is excellent. But going into this season with him as our only backup to Watkins was never going to prove anything other than a poor choice.

And I'm a fan of Keinan as well. I think his hold up and aerial play is excellent. But going into this season with him as our only backup to Watkins was never going to prove anything other than a poor choice.

Yes would have been an option today in amongst those Giants. I can only assume he's injured if we had Neil fucking Taylor on the bench and no striker. Every other team seems to be able to bring on a couple of strikers after and hour if they are losing we don't even have one on the bench. Even Newcastle have Andy Carrol

Im pretty sure we will use Traore as a striker if Watkins Keinan arent available. He’s played plenty of games there and his scoring record wasn’t too bad

He really is a waste of a wage and shirt.

Been nowhere near getting a game and now undoubtedly injured AGAIN. And if he is not injured then its even worse because it means he has been dropped from the bench.

Still, he can control the ball and pass it.

Quite a few chumpionship teams being linked with a loan move for Keinan this month (Stoke, Derby, Preston). Seen a report earlier claiming he is on £45k a week!
Surely this cant be right. I assumed he was one of our lower earners as he'd been with us since 18 and isnt a regular starter.

He really is a waste of a wage and shirt.

Been nowhere near getting a game and now undoubtedly injured AGAIN. And if he is not injured then its even worse because it means he has been dropped from the bench.

Still, he can control the ball and pass it.

Ha ha he's better at holding the ball up than Watkins or Wesley

Ha ha he's better at holding the ball up than Watkins or Wesley

Watkins has already scored more than Keinan in a Villa shirt and I'm pretty sure that Wesley has as well. You could argue that he's never had a proper run in the team but as he's almost always injured that's been nigh on impossible. He needs a good loan spell to a championship team. Prove he can stay fit and score occasionally.

Watkins has already scored more than Keinan in a Villa shirt and I'm pretty sure that Wesley has as well. You could argue that he's never had a proper run in the team but as he's almost always injured that's been nigh on impossible. He needs a good loan spell to a championship team. Prove he can stay fit and score occasionally.

No he doesn't he's in the first-team squad and 22, not 17 .
His touch is better than Wesleys his hold up play is better than Ollies, and you all forget they have had a run in the team unopposed, he still hasn't played 90 mins in the PL.
I get the bit about the goals, in fact, we are having the discussion about Watkins now as he hasn't scored for 8 games, then out come his other attributes as an example to what he adds the team.
Davis's biggest problem has been injuries and despite all this, he's just signed a 4-year contract which suggests to me he ain't going anywhere even when the Ronaldo is fit again.
Sicknote he is,a bad player he isn't, just like Barkley good player but injury prone

There is a reason Keinan hasn't played 90 mins in the Premier league and its not because of injury.

He is absolute pony.