The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

Thought Jack was on about £70k a week last year as they gave him a rise before the season started. Got to admit I do think Keinans sounds way too much considering how little football he has played for us and other 1st team regulars are likely on less

I think he was on 40k a week in the championship after signing a new contract when NSWE came in, then went up upon promotion possibly.

20 years he would’ve been a better fit, when you had two strikers one who was big and one who could finish.

I don’t blame him for a good contract, injuries will prevent him having a good career and no disrespect to footballers of his level but they don’t typically have a lucrative career after so he has to take the pay cheques whilst he can.

Would love to see him do it for a PNE or Barnsley type club, but even they have players who can score plenty of goals.

He’s probably a league 2 or Vanarama goalscorer, but that’s not to say he couldn’t do a job higher up if he’s there to build up the play.

Last edited:
20 years he would’ve been a better fit, when you had two strikers one who was big and one who could finish.

I don’t blame him for a good contract, injuries will prevent him having a good career and no disrespect to footballers of his level but they don’t typically have a lucrative career after so he has to take the pay cheques whilst he can.

Would love to see him do it for a PNE or Barnsley type club, but even have players who can score plenty of goals.

He’s probably a league 2 or Vanarama goalscorer, but that’s not to say he couldn’t do a job higher up if he’s there to build up the play.
He might have made a very good centre half at this level to be honest. All the physical attributes and would be very good on the ball for one.

The one thing he hasn't got is the right instincts in front of goal. Unfortunately it's critical. He holds up well, makes it difficult for defenders, has some nice touches. But he needs to develop that bit extra. He might yet, but no guarantee.
Completely agree. What Davis needs is a really good run in a Champioship side. Its the only way he is going to up his game of fade into oblivion. Either way I would like to get on with it and find out.

He might have made a very good centre half at this level to be honest. All the physical attributes and would be very good on the ball for one.

I said this months ago....he can't score but can he play somewhere else.

Last edited:
Davis is not a centre back. Just what is it other than someone did it for us 40 years ago that this is based on.

Blimey :surrender:

Davis is not a centre back. Just what is it other than someone did it for us 40 years ago that this is based on.

Blimey :surrender:

I said he 'might have made' not to move him there now. In other words, had that been his position growing up he might have become a better player than the one he is now, i.e. a striker who cannot hit a barn door and is destined to drop down a level or two at some point soon.

I realise I am in a distinct minority, but I still just see unfulfilled potential. The crucial statistics of goals scored are always against him, but in my view he has been supremely unlucky - both with injuries, formations, and a lack of opportunities, and has still strengthened over the last couple of years.

In the limited few minutes Keinan is given, I see a player that always contributes, has a positive impact on most games, and who gets in positions to score, creates danger and space for others. We are having a great season, but I think Villa might do even better if we gave him a run in the team. Smith it seems will continue to only play one up top, leaving him waiting to feed on his scraps of nothing opportunities. Play him up top, either as part of a two, or with Watkins out wide where he has played most of his career, and I still think he will come good. Whatever happens, I hope if he is not going to be given a proper chance this season, then yes, let him go out on loan and show what he can do at Championship level, and he can then come back and do the business. Don't miss this opportunity Villa, or I fear he'll come back to haunt us.

Play Davis and you're going to have to drop another player. I don't see who that other player is. Cruel but that's the way it is. He needs to play, and in the absence of injuries that means loan or sell. The only other alternative is wait for an injury to say Watkins. Or continue to use him as a sub.

His goal record speaks for itself and he certainly had decent runs in the side when we were at a much worse level. He desperately needs a loan to demonstrate he can score goals at some sort of level but ultimately there's absolutely no future here for him IMO, not good enough.

It's all speculation until he has a real run of games in either our team or another. I am not convinced he can score goals either but to write him off just for that reason is stupid IMO. He has enough ability to show he can play at this level, for example, he's better than anything Sheffiled Utd have. I'll go a step further his overall ability is better than Mitrovic, Karlan Grant, Bamford, Benteke, and a lot of other teams in the bottom half. Until he scores a handful of goals nobody will ever see that and it won't be enough to be anything more than bit-part.

I see a player in this lad but he has to get a couple of goals. I don't think the doubters will ever go away until he proves himself somewhere either. We're likely in a difficult position where we wont get a striker better than him but holding on to him is going to effect his development and thus cause us future problems. We'll either regret selling or we'll not get his true potential.

Maybe he never develops a habit of scoring but I think we could get a decent fee for him if he impressed on loan somewhere.

Lets deal with the facts and not what ‘might be’.

Benteke scored 49 in 101 appearances for us by the time he left at the age of 24 and was a Belgian international.

Davis is 23 next month and has scored 2 goals in 58 mostly chumps games.
He is not fit to lace the boots of the Villa Benteke. Not even close. No way, not a chance is his overall ability better.

Lets deal with the facts and not what ‘might be’.

Benteke scored 49 in 101 appearances for us by the time he left at the age of 24 and was a Belgian international.

Davis is 23 next month and has scored 2 goals in 58 mostly chumps games.
He is not fit to lace the boots of the Villa Benteke. Not even close. No way, not a chance is his overall ability better.

The Benteke you knew is dead Melon.

Which is why i said the ‘villa Benteke’.

Not interested what he did elsewhere. He was great for us. We saw the best of him. Different world to what Davis is offering to us at a comparable age.

It took Bentekers a while to get going but no sense living in the past. Maybe this is the issue I am not sure what everyone is expecting of Davis. He's not the second coming of Benteke, right now he looks like the second coming of Heskey and to be realistic somewhere in between those two is fine for us right now.

People here want to dump the guy, that is a dumb move especially with how much English players are going to start costing due to Brexit.