Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic

Found myself shouting at the telly tonight, I don't need Rob and Michael both telling me we will score, Wigan will fold....I was already churning with those thoughts and didn't want to be told every 5 mins. I thought the secret was to commentate on what's happening not what might occur.
Pleased with the win, happy for Hopper, Gotts and Grant gave a grand display.

That was a weird game. 65 minutes where we just couldn’t get going and looked lethargic, then Wigan score. You could just see it coming! Then from Grant’s goal it was almost as though a light switch was thrown. We suddenly started playing the way we started the season and took the game by the scruff of the neck, almost as though they needed a reminder of what they are capable of when they put their minds to it. From Grant’s brilliant FK there was only one team in it. So pleased to see Hopper score - he works really hard for the team. Not always convinced by his striking ability - think he needs to gamble a bit more on chances as he sometimes seems a little slow off the mark to get on the end of through balls and crosses. I think Montsma got a bit frustrated with the way the team was playing so badly. It’s unusual to see him lose his cool the way he did at one stage. Perhaps a reflection of his undoubted ability and potential to play higher. All in all, another three points in the bag, but I’m not sure we should be giving teams such respect or patience when we clearly have the ability to tear them apart - it’s going to cost us points if we are too patient sometimes.
On the buffering issue with I-Follow, I normally watch games at home on my desktop and never have a problem, but I’m away this week and watching on my I-pad. I too had the buffering problem and wonder if it’s something to do with what you’re watching it on or the modem. Just a thought.

Wonder if all the travelling last week took its toll. Plus a very hectic schedule. I follow, using Firefox had no sound. Switched to google chrome and had best experience this season. Other times chrome has not worked but used Firefox.

The commentators mentioned Grant McCann was in the ground watching the game. So can opposition managers just turn up to watch?.

The commentators mentioned Grant McCann was in the ground watching the game. So can opposition managers just turn up to watch?.

I noted that as well. Just wondering if that should be allowed due as was then (last night) about travel restrictions and now due to Lincolnshire being in Tier 3. Maybe @SAToffeeImp or @Liam Scully could clarify and explain why scouting events from opposition managers could happen?

I noted that as well. Just wondering if that should be allowed due as was then (last night) about travel restrictions and now due to Lincolnshire being in Tier 3. Maybe @SAToffeeImp or @Liam Scully could clarify and explain why scouting events from opposition managers could happen?
Did he leave after 70 minutes? And the call went to the players to up their performance.

the players are just doing their job - normally there would be fans in the crowd and their routine pre and post would be different.

I think it is too simplistic to say that standard of football is low this year - everyone is stressed and the productivity of the average worker will be all over the place - having good days and bad days.

It must be shitty to have to travel to places like Swindon and then Plymouth all in the same week during the lockdown.

I think we should congratulate the players on performing so well on what is horrible conditions!

Just who is allowed into watch games then?. McCann turns up on a spying mission, why should we let him or any other team coaching staff in to watch. They could just fork out for iFollow.

Hair dryer needed at HT.
I'm sure that must be a sexist remark. Most (real) men don't own hair dryers. [insert tongue in cheek emoticon.]
d9b05c5b5ed722a28dc8a224a3888692--vic-reeves-comedy-tv.jpg