Who Was Your Man of The Match v Wigan Athletic? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Wigan Athletic?

Who was your Man of The Match v Wigan Athletic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jones, phenomenal workrate and really strived to get things moving. As has been pointed out on the match thread, also kept Grant out of trouble in the shove-fest (formerly known as 'handbags').

Running him close were Hopper, who worked hard for the team in a thankless, and by some posters unappreciated role, and capped it with a sublime striker's goal for the winner, and Edun who while still occasionally defensively suspect was terrific getting forward all night.

Thought Edun had a good 98 minutes. Don't recall any fluffed passes, so gets my vote. Hopper did a sterling job and deserved his reward. Great strike from Jorge, but wasn't great for the first 60 minutes. Harry is such a revelation this season; rarely makes a bad decision.

I gave it to Edun. He is slowly becoming more accomplished, has a lot of time on the ball and makes some very fine turns. More importantly, more often than not his passes are now finding a team mate. Next he needs to learn how to go past the last defender and put crosses into the far post.

Much improved.

Honourable mentions to Hopper and Gotts (who needs to spend time with Eardley to improve his early balls into the box).

Gotts for me, Grant got us back in the game and Anderson looked good when he came on. But Gotts work rate gets my vote.

Thought Edun had a good 98 minutes. Don't recall any fluffed passes, so gets my vote. Hopper did a sterling job and deserved his reward. Great strike from Jorge, but wasn't great for the first 60 minutes. Harry is such a revelation this season; rarely makes a bad decision.

His first touch is still terrible a lot of the time and takes too long in his decision making. Certainly played better tonight though so am happy for him.

Grant for me. Most decent moves start with him. Plus a great free kick to get us back in the match.

As per my comments on the match thread, gone for Jones. Hard working all match at both ends of the pitch and earned a full extra point for dragging Grant away from that kerfuffle at the end when a second yellow could easily have been produced.

Hopper is the workhorse both as a centre forward and in defence (when required) he took his goal well, pleased for him, a bit of a reward for the shift he puts in week in week out. Likewise, Grant although a little off tonight hit one hell of a free-kick. Having said all that the most consistent player throughout the evening in both halves was Edun. Yes he got lucky with one or two stray passes but on the whole I thought he was exceptional both going forward trying to make things happen as well as his defending.

Gone for Hopper, good to see him score a vital goal after all his efforts
Gotts and Edun put in good performances too

Hopper. All ends up. If Gotts played the full 90, like he did the last 30, he would of got my vote - but he gave away possession too frequently (again) in the first half. Same for Edun. Both are youngsters and will get their day.

Jones gets my vote. Involved throughout, winning the ball in midfield, plenty of follow up runs into the box and a few decent long range strikes on goal. His technique when shooting is very good and if one of his efforts hits the top corner it will be a contender for goal of the season.