Brexit rolls on... | Page 119 | Vital Football

Brexit rolls on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Verstappen and he is my next fave as he is a racer like Hamilton not a driver - someone like Button is a driver

There is a difference

Anyway people are saying Verstappen would beat Hamilton in the same car

Yeah Alonso thought he could do that in Hamiltons first year

Alonso is a much better racer than Verstappen

Hamilton is reaching his peak for his age he should have peaked about 3 years ago the next 2 years we are going to see something incredible from him

We are talking
Steve Redgrave
Hoy
Ali
William's ( tennis )
Federer
Woods
Jordan
Schumacher
Taylor darts
Hendry snooker

Next level shit

I would say he is above most of them already

Agreed, I've been watching F1 since the early 80s and along with Senna and Schumi, Lewis is head and shoulders above everyone else.

Any stats confirming this?

Just from people that I know or who I have interacted with over the matter.

Mostly driven by xenophobia and a supposed restoration of British pride, sovereignty and supremacy; none of which are of course are real or achievable by Brexit.

There are a few people who have been overlooked because they have ‘tax issues’ and it seems to be an unofficial policy so not sure if he will ever be recognised in that way.
No problem for dodgy Russian oligarchs though.

All Lewis needs to do to get the honour he deserves is make a substantial donation to the Tory party

" Tories are just a pestilence on deceny

What this BBC article DOESN’T mention, is that the man who laced jars of *baby food* with metal shards in an attempt to blackmail Tesco, was an ex Tory councillor.

He was also the ex chairman of Grimsby Conservative Association, and a failed UKIP parliamentary candidate.

Can’t think why they would leave this out "

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-54512783

" Tories are just a pestilence on deceny

What this BBC article DOESN’T mention, is that the man who laced jars of *baby food* with metal shards in an attempt to blackmail Tesco, was an ex Tory councillor.

He was also the ex chairman of Grimsby Conservative Association, and a failed UKIP parliamentary candidate.

Can’t think why they would leave this out "

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-54512783
When you make comments like this and one of your earlier ones you are simply legitimising that language from them. You are making it absolutely fine for them to not only talk about us that way, but to see us that way. And they are in power

Agreed, I've been watching F1 since the early 80s and along with Senna and Schumi, Lewis is head and shoulders above everyone else.

Schumaker is head and shoulders the best there has been in the modern era.

Its all well and good bigging up Hamilton, who has always driven one of the top cars since his introduction to the Sport, but he not not done what Schmaker has done and gone into struggling teams and turned them into World Champions.

Lets not forget Hamilton could not get close to Vettal when he was driving that all conquering Red Bull; not until the big boys ganged up on them and declared a car, which complied in every way possible, to be illegal.

Schumaker turned a Benneton Team, with a previous record on 5 GP wins in around 300 attempts into Constructer's Champions within 5 years, winning the title twice while doing so.

He then went to a struggling Ferrari team, who had not won a Constructers Championship for 13 Years, and did what the likes of Alesi, Prost, Mansell and Berger could not do, win one at his third attempt.

Hamilton in comparison, drives an incredibly fast car in an era were only two or three cars are actually capable of winning a race; not much of a comparison really.

Just from people that I know or who I have interacted with over the matter.

Mostly driven by xenophobia and a supposed restoration of British pride, sovereignty and supremacy; none of which are of course are real or achievable by Brexit.
So no then.

Cool

Any stats confirming this?

I do not know about "most people" but a hell of a lot of people thought that way.

If the number of people I know, both through work and socially, who thought along those lines, are representative of the Nation as a whole, you would be looking at a very large amount of people in deed; and I suppose the Election result kind of bears that out.

Reasons like, if the foreigners fucked off I would have a better job, or a better paid job were high up in a lot of peoples thought process.

Its only charlatans on here and other forums who pretend to know what Sovereignty or taking back control means; real people do not have a fucking scooby.

I do not know about "most people" but a hell of a lot of people thought that way.

If the number of people I know, both through work and socially, who thought along those lines, are representative of the Nation as a whole, you would be looking at a very large amount of people in deed; and I suppose the Election result kind of bears that out.

Reasons like, if the foreigners fucked off I would have a better job, or a better paid job were high up in a lot of peoples thought process.

Its only charlatans on here and other forums who pretend to know what Sovereignty or taking back control means; real people do not have a fucking scooby.

So, no stats then. Anecdotes don't cut it.
So unless anybody can post stats stating 'Most people who voted leave thought it would immediately result in the immediate deportation of any 'forinz' apart from footballers.' We should probably request that statement gets withdrawn.

So unless anybody can post stats stating 'Most people who voted leave thought it would immediately result in the immediate deportation of any 'forinz' apart from footballers.' We should probably request that statement gets withdrawn.
Yes, I'll request that the court strikes it from the record.
Oh.
It seems we aren't in a court :/

I'd be very happy for you to fund a survey if you feel that strongly about it.

What sample size are you looking at?

When you make comments like this and one of your earlier ones you are simply legitimising that language from them. You are making it absolutely fine for them to not only talk about us that way, but to see us that way. And they are in power

Pope did you see the quotation marks

I copied and pasted

🤣🤣🤣

Schumaker is head and shoulders the best there has been in the modern era.

Its all well and good bigging up Hamilton, who has always driven one of the top cars since his introduction to the Sport, but he not not done what Schmaker has done and gone into struggling teams and turned them into World Champions.

Lets not forget Hamilton could not get close to Vettal when he was driving that all conquering Red Bull; not until the big boys ganged up on them and declared a car, which complied in every way possible, to be illegal.

Schumaker turned a Benneton Team, with a previous record on 5 GP wins in around 300 attempts into Constructer's Champions within 5 years, winning the title twice while doing so.

He then went to a struggling Ferrari team, who had not won a Constructers Championship for 13 Years, and did what the likes of Alesi, Prost, Mansell and Berger could not do, win one at his third attempt.

Hamilton in comparison, drives an incredibly fast car in an era were only two or three cars are actually capable of winning a race; not much of a comparison really.

Hamilton won 2 titles when Ferrari absolutely had the better car with Vetal as the driver

Any way most people who are actually in the sport recognise who they say is the best

Yep its Hamilton

Hamilton went into a new team who had never won anything and then 2 years later afer they struggled ...with the new team he has helped them win 6 of the last championships with him winning 5 including this one

Everyone gave him shit for joining them

He has helped develop the car

He is the youngest driver ever to win a world championship

He is the GOAT

Even Schumacher said he would beat him

Last edited:
Hamilton won 2 titles when Ferrari absolutely had the better car with Vetal as the driver

Any way most people who are actually in the sport recognise who they say is the best

Yep its Hamilton

This for me is an argument which is not too comparable. I think Tyson would have knocked Mohamed Ali's block off, but other's disagree. Would John Robertson be the god-like winger he was in today's game?

It's a folly to compare. Is Lewis' car that good because of the driver feedback he gives the team? It would be churlish to suggest it doesn't help.

Lewis is up there, that is in no doubt.

Nope, Hitchen's Razor is appropriate here.

Fine. Well the next time I'm talking with people in the UK about a controversial topic in the pub, let me get the owd clipboard out, turn the conversations into a formalised survey and get the results published then, duck.

No, definitely no stats; but I would have thought anecdotes from real people would be more relevant than statistics which have been cherry picked to suit a particular cause, or even just made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.