Brexit rolls on... | Page 121 | Vital Football

Brexit rolls on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
“They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation”

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-guardian/

"These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation”

You must admit that is a marked difference from the Daily Mail who print a considerable amount of lies; the print version would be around half the size if were not for the apologies and corrections scattered throughout the paper.

"These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation”

You must admit that is a marked difference from the Daily Mail who print a considerable amount of lies; the print version would be around half the size if were not for the apologies and corrections scattered throughout the paper.

I believe it’s improved since twat-hat left, but I tend to find my own news these days. Bias is getting comical.
Even the bias on google is starting to irritate. I use DuckDuckGo now.

In Southend they have been leaving empty plates outside the local conservative offices in protest at the FSM fiasco

View attachment 43151

Listening to that pathetic excuse for a Health Minister on the Today programme this morning, it is quite clear what the tactic is going to be for sorting out problems like Free School Meals and the financing of the three tier programme.

The Government are giving the funds direct to Local Councils and sub contracting the problems out; or making sure they dip their hands in the blood as the former Political Editor of the Sun gleefully described it last week.

And then you have the likes of Jenrick having the audacity to accuse Burnham of politicising Covid.

Not a bit of this is true, at all.

For a start, Schumacher went into a race winning Benetton team and benefitted massively in 94 from a) Senna's struggle to adapt to Williams and then the fallout from his death
B) having a highly illegal traction control system on his car, which the FIA knew about but couldn't prove, hence why Schumacher tended to get a lot of in race penalties that season, and
C) blatent cheating in taking out Hill in the last race, for which he should he been stripped of the title.

In 95 his Benetton was nearly as good as Hill's, and Hill was no F1 legend. Good driver, worthy champion, but no great. His team mate Coulthard was a total rookie and Williams were in disarray.

He then went to Ferrari. They hadn't won a title in nearly 30 years, but they were never shit. Always potential race winners, always top 3 or 4, and they hired Ross Brawn who was the brain's behind it.

Schumi still tried to cheat once again in 97 by taking out Villeneuve; didn't work that time though.

Two years of battling Hakkinen followed, who was about the best championship rival he faced; and in three seasons as rivals Hakkinen won in two of them (admittedly in 99 Schumacher missed a lot with a broken leg).

5 consecutive years followed of having the best car by a mile, until Renault suddenly had the best car and the championships dried up.

You forget as well that Schumacher had it written into his contract that the Ferrari no.2 driver could not race him and could not compete for the championship. You also forget how many times Irvine or Barrichello had to follow team orders to let Schumacher take the win; it was loads. How many of those 91 wins were earned by someone else and gifted to him? I'm guessing less than 10, but close to it.

How many of Hamilton's 92 have been given him by team orders? There probably have been occasions but I cannot think of any.

Hamilton came to a McLaren team that did not have the best car and had not done so for years. In 2007 McLaren had not had a champion for 8 years. In his rookie season he came within a couple of points of being champion, and absolutely should have won it; against the reigning double champion Alonso in the same car.

He then won it on the last corner of the last race in 08, before the new rules came in and caught everyone out but Brawn. McLaren have never completed again, his 2009 car was an absolute dog and I think he still won 3 races.

He's then joined a Mercedes team that hasn't won in closer to 50 years and built them into a modern F1 Behemoth. He hasn't had the best car every year; definately not in 19 and probably not in 18, but he swept the title easily in both seasons. He has never had a teammate signed just to support him; every team mate has been there as a genuine championship rival, and he has beaten them all.

Schumacher raced Mansell, Prost and Senna; but at the very end of their careers; literally the first two retired in succession before Schumacher was really competitive and Senna died when he would have had years of denying Schumacher titles otherwise. Hakkinen was then the best driver that Schumacher competed with. In his 5 title years there was literally no one competing against him.

Hamilton came into F1 battling Alonso in his prime, then Schumacher and Vettel. He is consistently pissing on Verstappen and Leclerc, the next two champions of F1. Hamilton has raced and beaten the next two best drivers in terms of championships and race wins; Schumacher didn't

There is no question that Schumacher and Hamilton can be compared in a way Hamilton and others can't. Hamilton isn't a cheat. Hamilton has beaten all but one of Schumacher's records and still has 2 years at least in him. He also makes fewer mistakes; Schumacher himself admitted he made at least one a year (look at Canada in 99). Hamilton very, very rarely makes those kinds of mistakes; I think we would be talking years between them.

No doubt at all for me that Hamilton is and will be the superior driver.

And Schumacher won with Ferrari at his 5th attempt

You should post like this more often

Absolutely and undeniably he is the GOAT and it cannot be questioned when he is put up against Schumacer

👏👏👏👏👏👏

I remember when people said he would never be a great because of his racing style which makes it impossible for him to look after tyres. It was that negative positive that people use for most black sports men when they are labelled as beasts or monsters

He is with out doubt the most attacking driver since Senna, possibly ever and you know what he looks after his tyres better than anyone since his first year at Mercedes

This weekend won by 25s and still had better tyres than Bottas

Remember Bottas was the Heir apparent a few seasons ago

So many have come and gone and he has left them trailing in his wake and unbelievable he is still capable of stepping up another gear or two

Last edited:
You should post like this more often

Absolutely and undeniably he is the GOAT and it cannot be questioned when he is put up against Schumacer

👏👏👏👏👏👏

I remember when people said he would never be a great because of his racing style which makes it impossible for him to look after tyres. It was that negative positive that people use for most black sports men when they are labelled as beasts or monsters

He is with out doubt the most attacking driver since Senna, possibly ever and you know what he looks after his tyres better than anyone since his first year at Mercedes

This weekend won by 25s and still had better tyres than Bottas

Remember Bottas was the Heir apparent a few seasons ago

So many have come and gone and he has left them trailing in his wake and unbelievable he is still capable of stepping up another gear or two

He now also has the benefit of knowing most circuits better than all the others. His aggressive overtaking is now an assertive assurance.

We are watching a true great at the top of his game, so much so it’s getting embarrassingly dull for him.

I’ve always thought he’d finish his career at Ferrari and now he has every record, it would be of little surprise should go there and turn them into champs once again.

Benneton a race winning team?

They won 5 races over a five year spell before Schumacher joined and only 2 more over the next two seasons; that is hardly a race winning team.
Ok, so first thing to point out is that I'm not for one minute saying that Schumacher wasn't one of the greatest drivers in history. He absolutely was; probably the second best ever; to Hamilton. Who knows where we would be if Senna had lived for the last 3-4 years of his career; Schumacher would likely have 2 fewer titles I suspect. But I would still suspect Hamilton was the more complete driver.

Benetton were a race winning team. I don't deny they were a race winning team in the hands of Schumacher. But they were a team that had a car that was capable of winning Grands Prix. The evidence of that is clear; Schumacher was winning races in that car even before Senna died, which I think was 4 races in. Did he help make them a race winning team? Of course. But Hamilton joined a Mercedes team that had won ONE race since then 1950s (and that team had had Schumacher for 2 years).

The traction control issue was utter bollocks; Benetton eventually handed over the source code from their engine management system which proved conclusively nothing was untoward, but the rumours would not go away.
Come on! Everybody at the time knew Benetton were cheating. Just look at the penalties they accrued; forgive me for not believing Briatorie's explanation. They were doing it, they stopped doing it. How often does a two race ban get given out?
And it is totally correct that it took 16 years for Ferrari to win the Constructors title; 13 years prior to Schumacher joining was the last time when Rene Arnoux was driving for them - 1983

Yes, but they had always been a race winning team. He didn't go to some shit newcomers; they were the F1 equivalent of Liverpool and always have been

And Rory Byrne played a far bigger role at Ferrari than Brawn did, but both have mentioned plenty of times the role Schumacher played; he was described as a genius at knowing how to set a car up, the best since Lauda.
I'm not going to deny that for a second. Martin Brundle tells a great story from early in his career, where Schumacher was following his team mate (can't remember if it was Brundle, or if it was just Brundle telling the story), studying his teammates tyres and decided to pit early; and won the race.

He was guilty as charged over the Damon Hill incident and its that what has coloured everyone's judgement against him.
Yes, and he tried to do it again to Villeneuve. I wondered if he would do it again to Hakkinen in 99 to make Eddie Irvine champion under similar circumstances; but no, he didn't really bust a gut to make that happen.

Team orders have been in place for as long as I can remember and Hamilton will have benefitted from them just as much as anyone.

In fact was it not Hamilton who played a part in driving Alonso out of McLaren?

I seem to remember it, was so he is not totally devoid of employing dirty tricks himself.
Dirtiest trick Hamilton has played was in the last race of 16 when Rosberg just needed second; Hamilton slowed to try to push Rosberg into the battle for third place. He was very half hearted about it though, and you could tell he was uncomfortable.

I've explained the Alonso issue elsewhere, but I cannot honestly remember an example of Hamilton benefitting from team orders to win a race. It might well have happened, but I cannot remember it. Schumacher used to get the lead handed to him on the home straight by Barrichello.

It does not matter how many good drivers are around these days, and there does not appear to be many, there are only two or three cars, at the most, which can win a race, and that will not change anytime soon because the big boys will not allow it to.

They decide who gets what engine and gets the best tyres and decide which technology can be used; its a massive carve up.

The game has given in to financial doping; it is dead as a spectator sport; If I am paying the best part of £200 to get in I want to see a race not a fucking procession.
Its always been the same more or less. In 88 McLaren won 15/16 races. In 92 Mansell won I think 9/15 himself. There have always been dominant cars and drivers. People talk about Jim Clark, but he made races boring he was so good!

Last season was fantastic; the title race was worthless, but you had so many absolutely fascinating individual races. We have had four winners from three teams this season as well, and that would be four teams if Ferrari hadn't built a shite car.

The worst seasons are ones where you have a prolonged period of one team dominance where the second driver isn't allowed to/able to really compete; Schumacher 00-04 at Ferrari, Red Bull 10-13. Mercedes have had 6 years of dominance, but their drivers have always been able to race for the title; in 14 it went down to the last race, Rosberg won in the last race of 16, and Ferrari were genuine competitors in 18 and 19

He now also has the benefit of knowing most circuits better than all the others. His aggressive overtaking is now an assertive assurance.

We are watching a true great at the top of his game, so much so it’s getting embarrassingly dull for him.

I’ve always thought he’d finish his career at Ferrari and now he has every record, it would be of little surprise should go there and turn them into champs once again.
There is nothing he is not good at. It's not just knowing the circuits: it is a speciality of his to be the first winner at new circuits as well.

There is almost nothing he's not good at.

He's the best at tyre management in the world, possibly ever.

Best on the grid in the rain; Senna was undoubtedly the best ever at this followed by Schumacher, but Hamilton is at worst third.

You can see how he gets faster every weekend as he gets his set up right

Best in history at qualifying

Great on fast tracks

Great on slow tracks

Great on street circuits.

Benneton a race winning team?

They won 5 races over a five year spell before Schumacher joined and only 2 more over the next two seasons; that is hardly a race winning team.

The traction control issue was utter bollocks; Benetton eventually handed over the source code from their engine management system which proved conclusively nothing was untoward, but the rumours would not go away.

And it is totally correct that it took 16 years for Ferrari to win the Constructors title; 13 years prior to Schumacher joining was the last time when Rene Arnoux was driving for them - 1983

And Rory Byrne played a far bigger role at Ferrari than Brawn did, but both have mentioned plenty of times the role Schumacher played; he was described as a genius at knowing how to set a car up, the best since Lauda.

He was guilty as charged over the Damon Hill incident and its that what has coloured everyone's judgement against him.

Team orders have been in place for as long as I can remember and Hamilton will have benefitted from them just as much as anyone.

In fact was it not Hamilton who played a part in driving Alonso out of McLaren?

I seem to remember it, was so he is not totally devoid of employing dirty tricks himself.

It does not matter how many good drivers are around these days, and there does not appear to be many, there are only two or three cars, at the most, which can win a race, and that will not change anytime soon because the big boys will not allow it to.

They decide who gets what engine and gets the best tyres and decide which technology can be used; its a massive carve up.

The game has given in to financial doping; it is dead as a spectator sport; If I am paying the best part of £200 to get in I want to see a race not a fucking procession.

The Benetton traction control system was shown to be legal but many in the sport knew otherwise.

There is a massive difference between team orders, which has benefited LH at times, and your team mate having it explicitly stated in his contract that he must foresake a win.

LH tried to use dirty tactics to bunch up the field so that NR would lose places and thus the championship but this is chalk and cheese ot ramming another driver. Let us not forget that Schumi is also guilty as charged for ramming Villneuve but this time it failed. Oh and deliberately stopping his car on track during qualifiying at Monaco to prevent Alonso getting pole.

As already stated the only part LH played in getting the Mclaren scandal was being a rookie and dicking over his two time WDC team mate on the track.

The numbers speak for themselves and in the modern era LH is the best ever.

Ok, so first thing to point out is that I'm not for one minute saying that Schumacher wasn't one of the greatest drivers in history. He absolutely was; probably the second best ever; to Hamilton. Who knows where we would be if Senna had lived for the last 3-4 years of his career; Schumacher would likely have 2 fewer titles I suspect. But I would still suspect Hamilton was the more complete driver.

Benetton were a race winning team. I don't deny they were a race winning team in the hands of Schumacher. But they were a team that had a car that was capable of winning Grands Prix. The evidence of that is clear; Schumacher was winning races in that car even before Senna died, which I think was 4 races in. Did he help make them a race winning team? Of course. But Hamilton joined a Mercedes team that had won ONE race since then 1950s (and that team had had Schumacher for 2 years).

Come on! Everybody at the time knew Benetton were cheating. Just look at the penalties they accrued; forgive me for not believing Briatorie's explanation. They were doing it, they stopped doing it. How often does a two race ban get given out?

Yes, but they had always been a race winning team. He didn't go to some shit newcomers; they were the F1 equivalent of Liverpool and always have been

I'm not going to deny that for a second. Martin Brundle tells a great story from early in his career, where Schumacher was following his team mate (can't remember if it was Brundle, or if it was just Brundle telling the story), studying his teammates tyres and decided to pit early; and won the race.

Yes, and he tried to do it again to Villeneuve. I wondered if he would do it again to Hakkinen in 99 to make Eddie Irvine champion under similar circumstances; but no, he didn't really bust a gut to make that happen.

Dirtiest trick Hamilton has played was in the last race of 16 when Rosberg just needed second; Hamilton slowed to try to push Rosberg into the battle for third place. He was very half hearted about it though, and you could tell he was uncomfortable.

I've explained the Alonso issue elsewhere, but I cannot honestly remember an example of Hamilton benefitting from team orders to win a race. It might well have happened, but I cannot remember it. Schumacher used to get the lead handed to him on the home straight by Barrichello.

Its always been the same more or less. In 88 McLaren won 15/16 races. In 92 Mansell won I think 9/15 himself. There have always been dominant cars and drivers. People talk about Jim Clark, but he made races boring he was so good!

Last season was fantastic; the title race was worthless, but you had so many absolutely fascinating individual races. We have had four winners from three teams this season as well, and that would be four teams if Ferrari hadn't built a shite car.

The worst seasons are ones where you have a prolonged period of one team dominance where the second driver isn't allowed to/able to really compete; Schumacher 00-04 at Ferrari, Red Bull 10-13. Mercedes have had 6 years of dominance, but their drivers have always been able to race for the title; in 14 it went down to the last race, Rosberg won in the last race of 16, and Ferrari were genuine competitors in 18 and 19

I just cannot watch it any more; it has gone as a spectacle for me, I have no interest left.

It used to be a case of getting everything out of the way on a Sunday to clear a space for watching the GP; not anymore.

I dont know if its a timing issue, which I imagine it is with the far Eastern races, but there used to be some right arguments in the Pubs over what what shown; the GP or the Football; that has all died down, its just the Football now.

I spent a fantastic time working on a contract for the McLaren F1 team; incredibly interesting work and lovely people; well most of them where.

I just cannot watch it any more; it has gone as a spectacle for me, I have no interest left.

It used to be a case of getting everything out of the way on a Sunday to clear a space for watching the GP; not anymore.

I dont know if its a timing issue, which I imagine it is with the far Eastern races, but there used to be some right arguments in the Pubs over what what shown; the GP or the Football; that has all died down, its just the Football now.

I spent a fantastic time working on a contract for the McLaren F1 team; incredibly interesting work and lovely people; well most of them where.

That’s because it is boring. The fastest car should start at the back of the grid.

I have felt that way before; the dominant Schumacher and Vettel years really turned me off. It is different if you feel invested in the driver; I have always been a McLaren fan so I followed Hamilton closely as soon as he was promoted.

Been fortunately enough to see four grands Prix live, and three were processions; only my first, at Silverstone in 99 was exciting as a race. Schumacher broke his leg that day, Hakkinen's wheel came off right in front of me and Coulthard won.

I was in Spa when Schumacher broke Prost's win record, but both races I saw there were Schumi walkovers. Saw a Vettel walkover in 09 at Silverstone. For better or worse I have booked to take my daughter next year, just to see Hamilton one last time while he is on top

To be fair, that's just ridiculous. It's a team sport and you're saying that the best team should never (or hardly ever) win?

I not so sure.

On the one hand it penalises the fastest drivers, which would make a mockery of the qualifying days, but it would certainly make it a better spectacle.

There would have to be some thought going into how the grid would line up.

I am not sure even that would make it a more level playing field such is the vast gap in technology and equipment used; it would certainly make the races more exciting.

Last edited:
I not so sure.

On the one hand it penalises the fastest drivers, which would make a mockery of the qualifying days, but it would certainly make it a better spectacle.

There would have to be some though going into how the grid would line up.

I am not sure even that would make it a more level playing field such is the vast gap in technology and equipment used; it would certainly make the races more exciting.

It'd definitely make it a better spectacle, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.