Match thread - a bit of luck helps. | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match thread - a bit of luck helps.

Ahhh, you young blokes haven't lived. Saturday night in Eastwood reminds me that Sat night in my day after basketball usually resulted in a couple of pints drunk quickly and then a visit to the Barn (our favourite late night dancehall) in Broadmarsh in those days, miss the last bus home, followed by an hour's walk home. Never a minute wasted in a weekend.
Looking back, it's a wonder we ever survived to old age.
And df, we live on 5 acres on the NW outskirts of Sydney and have some bits of earlier indigenous life on the banks of our creek which is the boundary.
Life has never been dull.

It's in the post that lamouchi had said lyle taylor wasnt fit enough.

If he hadn't have been a traitor and shat on hiss club, allowing them to be relegated, he would have been fit though wouldn't he?

That was never his concern though, was it?

His concern was avoiding injury so he could get a lucrative move, the mercenary bastard.

Last edited:
What the hell did you do to get a 5 year ban????
I was getting chopped to bits by centre backs one game and when i finally snapped and asked if the ref was going to protect me as he was giving me fuck all he booked me and laughed whilst doing so which wound me up further still , i got up face to face and called him a **** and he did an Awcock and went tumbling over and said i butted him in his report , the fact he carried on reffing straight away after sending me off kind of proved my point i hadn't touched him.
Not condoning my actions as it was in no way acceptable but nowhere near as bad as he made out in his report.
They tried to give me sine die but settled on 5 years.
My disciplinary record went against me as i used to get sent off 2 or 3 times a season so i was always going to get a hefty ban.
Wasn't worth coming back at 37.

I was getting chopped to bits by centre backs one game and when i finally snapped and asked if the ref was going to protect me as he was giving me fuck all he booked me and laughed whilst doing so which wound me up further still , i got up face to face and called him a **** and he did an Awcock and went tumbling over and said i butted him in his report , the fact he carried on reffing straight away after sending me off kind of proved my point i hadn't touched him.
Not condoning my actions as it was in no way acceptable but nowhere near as bad as he made out in his report.
My disciplinary record went against me as i used to get sent off 2 or 3 times a season so i was always going to get a hefty ban.

I got sent off twice in 15 years.
and once under my brothers name!
I played Saturdays - He played Sundays. He was out injured one Sunday morning - so I played as a ringer under his name. I had a running battle with the CM all morning - It turned nasty and we both got sent off.
I paid my brothers fine - but he had to serve the 2 month ban!

You have a history of violence lol

In hindsight you probably should have lumped him!!! Lol

You have a history of violence lol
The higher levels i played at Dr Martens , Beazer homes etc i would only pick up the odd booking , can't remember getting sent off once at that standard, it was more local football , sundays etc where i was known by refs, players and had a bit of a reputation for having a short fuse so the opposition would know this and try and provoke me. When you're constantly getting kicked to fuck and often not getting any help off some appalling refs it does test your breaking strain a bit.
My own fault though , i just didn't have the right temperament simple as that .

The higher levels i played at Dr Martens , Beazer homes etc i would only pick up the odd booking , can't remember getting sent off once at that standard, it was more local football , sundays etc where i was known by refs, players and had a bit of a reputation for having a short fuse so the opposition would know this and try and provoke me. When you're constantly getting kicked to fuck and often not getting any help off some appalling refs it does test your breaking strain a bit.

Temper-mint

Well you have surprised me Orbs

Not quite that bad Pope but my main sport in those days was basketball and we also worked Saturday mornings as well so a weekend of playing sport often resulted in 1 game of basketball on Saturday evening and 2 of football Sat and Sunday afternoons. Sunday evening usually took my future wife to the cinema, the Hippodrome was normally the only one open on that day and you usually watched the film through a pall of cigarette smoke.
What a great life it was.

Basketfuck? :off:

If he hadn't have been a traitor and shat on is club, allowing them to be relegated, he would have been fit though wouldn't he?

That was never his concern though, was it?

His concern was avoiding injury so he could get a lucrative move, the mercenary bastard.

Yea but he's our mercenary bastard...