• Win

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Today confirmed my longstanding thoughts bout us we just do not know how to kill a game Man U collapsed...wh didn’t...so typical of us until we can learn to be ruthless this will always be our biggest threat...

Kane hit the post and Bale should have scored to finish the game. But as Sherwood said, Jose went for the Cinderella finish and it backfired. He will be looking at the players but he needs to look at himself.

Our defence was creaking and he brings on two attackers !!

Sorry had to come back to this thread,absolutely livid,we are the laughing stock of the Premiership again, Doesnt matter what players or manager we have,we are still soft as shite even Kopp wouldnt change our mentality. Fuckin Apoplectic.....

Thing is, I thought we were poor in the second half. We looked like a team who already thought they had the win in the bag and most of the players dropped to about 75%. The only reason we were keeping Spam at bay was because Ndombele and Kane were keeping possession so well in midfield.

Sissoko was poor defensively for their first goal, I think Lucas and Reguilon were sloppy for their second with bad luck for Sanchez, and Aurier and Winks were naive in the build up to their third. I find it very hard to say anyone was totally at fault for the goals but I do think Mourinho should have acted differently in trying to stop the Spams from turning the game around.
There was nothing bad luck about Sanchez OG Matic mate where the fuck was he directing his header,Carragher said as much, he is an absolute liability and I can't understand why Jose starts him, he is fuckin useless.

Was Sanchez devoid of blame for the first goal ? . He went up to head it but missed it so the ball went through to the Spam player, Sissoko was ahead of the ball. It was a great header to score.

In other words we went to sleep for the last 15 minutes.
No, we didn’t play for the whole second half....our MF was totally open the whole time...we made Rice look world class and we were outplayed the whole half....yes we had a couple of opportunities with Kane and Bale but really we were crap the whole half...typical Spurs, 3-0 that’s ok..we’ll probably score some more without trying...After the Utd game many dared to dream only to rediscover the nightmare that is Tottenham Hotspur...we could be the first club to be relegated with the highest number of goals scored.

Did I say he deserved to be in the squad then?

Jose said that Bale and Vini would be involved. Hence nobody was surprised that Dele was in the other group that is being lined up for EL. That's all I was saying.

We have a great set of attacking players. I just hope that Jose is running a meritocracy and not having favourites. I'm therefore pleased to see Lucas on the bench as he hasn't always produced the goods this season. That would have been a close call with Bergwijn who has flattered to deceive as well. Lamela probably would have got the nod, if fit. We're also now almost getting to the point where we can't assess Dele or Gio though as they've barely been involved all season.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. We have a great set of three attacking players. There is separation in quality between Bale, Kane, Son, and the others. Frankly, Alli needs to show he is good enough on Thursday evenings before he can be considered for PL selection. His first test is approaching.

No, we didn’t play for the whole second half....our MF was totally open the whole time...we made Rice look world class and we were outplayed the whole half....yes we had a couple of opportunities with Kane and Bale but really we were crap the whole half...typical Spurs, 3-0 that’s ok..we’ll probably score some more without trying...After the Utd game many dared to dream only to rediscover the nightmare that is Tottenham Hotspur...we could be the first club to be relegated with the highest number of goals scored.

Spam started controlling the game after 30 minutes of the first half, our dominant possession statistics at the time 67% to 33%, began to reduce, in the end, it was almost parity. They kept the ball better, stretched us and probed at our weaknesses. We needed a fourth goal shame Bale missed that late opportunity when he should have scored.

Normally I would be hyper critical that we were over confident, considered the game won and didn't press home our advantage, opted to sit on our lead etc.etc. On this occasion however I can only credit West Ham, for the last ten minutes of the first half and throughout the second half they played their way back into this game, and deserved what they got.
In doing so they exposed the alarming weaknesses we have in defence, we are going to need to score five goals a game to be reasonably sure of winning.
Sanchez was awful and is running out of chances, Alderweireld just doesn't provide the confidence that he used to, Aurier gives away free kicks for fun, and bringing Winks on was a huge mistake. He is not PL quality, like Mason, Livermore, Carrol and Bentaleb before him, he's Championship standard.

Winks and Sanchez have fingers pointed at them when the team mindset thought they had the game won with 60 minutes to play. Complacency slapped them all in the face.

Complacency is Jose's fault. But without GLC there isn't any fight once Ndombele is subbed.

Complacency is Jose's fault. But without GLC there isn't any fight once Ndombele is subbed.

What was required was players coming on that can keep possession and get some pressure off the defence. Moura is as contrasting to that as you can get. Sissoko was already in hot potato mode and Hojberg was being overwhelmed. Winks was the right sub as we've seen him close out games so many times over the years. Even Dele of recent weeks would have retained possession, but agree Lamela was a miss.

Jose could have put Davies on and gone 4-4-2 or added Ben as the 3rd centre half and matched them up to stop the nonsense down the wings. There was no need to retain the 3 up top when you're 3-0 up and losing possession and territory.

What was required was players coming on that can keep possession and get some pressure off the defence. Moura is as contrasting to that as you can get. Sissoko was already in hot potato mode and Hojberg was being overwhelmed. Winks was the right sub as we've seen him close out games so many times over the years. Even Dele of recent weeks would have retained possession, but agree Lamela was a miss.

Jose could have put Davies on and gone 4-4-2 or added Ben as the 3rd centre half and matched them up to stop the nonsense down the wings. There was no need to retain the 3 up top when you're 3-0 up and losing possession and territory.

Exactly , Doherty and Davies not Bale and Moura FFS, it's on Jose. He has been drumming it into the players a game lasts 95 minutes.

I thought Declan Rice was absolutely immense today. He was the best midfielder on display by a mile. I have never seen him be so offensive in his play and I can see why he has the armband. He never stopped working hard and driving his team forward. Fair play.

There was nothing bad luck about Sanchez OG Matic mate where the fuck was he directing his header,Carragher said as much, he is an absolute liability and I can't understand why Jose starts him, he is fuckin useless.

Nah I don't buy that. It was bad how easy it was for them to break passed Reguilon and Lucas and the cross came in at a awkward height and at pace. Sanchez should have done better, of course, but the fault came earlier in the move. Thats why I find it harsh to just blame Sanchez for it. It was a collective mistake.