• Win

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know how defensive some here get of Jose, but sorry guys that game was lost in the dressing room at half-time and by the changes we made in the second half - I could go into why we tactically handed them the initiative and how Jose did that, but I'm not going to - I'm just going to add that when a coach switches off and believes the game is over, that's when you get bitten in the arse the way we were.

Utterly unnecessary and very worrying because Jose should have known better and needs to take a long hard look at how his change of formation and tactics failed us.

He as good as admitted it in his interview when he said they were taking risks and leaving themselves 3 on 3 at the back. He just arrogantly assumed our 3 would get the 4th and 5th goals and dismissed their chances of breaking us down.

I think Jose needs to use EL to find that plan B that he clearly doesn't have yet.

Before kick off I questioned our MF as being too defensive. Obviously going 3-0 up kind of buttoned my lip and made me wonder maybe Jose was right.
Who did Jose pick instead of Loco who was not fit to play ?

Before kick off I questioned our MF as being too defensive. Obviously going 3-0 up kind of buttoned my lip and made me wonder maybe Jose was right.

When you think about it, Jose had 4 centre mids in the entire squad - Hojberg, Sissoko, Winks and Ndombele. He played 3 of them and only had one replacement on the bench.

He had only 2 centre halves but had all 4 full-backs in the squad. He also had 6 attacking wide players / forwards.

He will eventually have to turn around to an older player and tell them they are not in the squad. His squad balance is all wrong.

Looking at the team that started it would seem that the answer to your question Nick is that he picked Sissoko. Moussa didn't have a bad game relative to some others, but it was pretty negative team selection. On form so far this season Lamela was more deserving. He can't however manage more than a game a week at best, whereby I'll give Jose the benefit of the doubt, on the basis that Lamela will be a definite on Thursday, many of his best performances for us have been in Europe.

When you think about it, Jose had 4 centre mids in the entire squad - Hojberg, Sissoko, Winks and Ndombele. He played 3 of them and only had one replacement on the bench.

He had only 2 centre halves but had all 4 full-backs in the squad. He also had 6 attacking wide players / forwards.

He will eventually have to turn around to an older player and tell them they are not in the squad. His squad balance is all wrong.

You could see that Jose's plan was to match West Ham for physicality in the middle of the field, which for the most part we did. The minute he replaced the combative Ndombele for Winks, we gave them the edge. Sissoko runs around, Hojbjerg goes missing and Winks is far too passive. Jose then packs the CM but fails to coordinate the right players to support our fullbacks, or were getting hammered.

As you say, Jose is getting it wrong with the balance in the squad and it is even more obvious now we have such a great squad.

If Lloris hadn't yelled at Sanchez he would have had TWO own goals. Sanchez' positional awareness is nonexistent.

...when playing LCB. He never looked comfortable there and out of all our CB's he has the weakest left foot, so why did Jose play him there instead of Toby? Like I have said, Sanchez has been our best CB this season so far by a mile and it is no coincidence that his first poor performance has come when played in a position you can see he doesn't feel comfortable playing.

You could see that Jose's plan was to match West Ham for physicality in the middle of the field, which for the most part we did. The minute he replaced the combative Ndombele for Winks, we gave them the edge. Sissoko runs around, Hojbjerg goes missing and Winks is far too passive. Jose then packs the CM but fails to coordinate the right players to support our fullbacks, or were getting hammered.

As you say, Jose is getting it wrong with the balance in the squad and it is even more obvious now we have such a great squad.

Check out the Who Scored heat maps and chalk board
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1485232/Live/England-Premier-League-2020-2021-Tottenham-West-Ham

Chalkboard - most of their shots came from our RB area
Heatmap - big red heat area down their left.

We all saw it. Why couldn't Jose? He just needed to get Bergwijn off and get Sissoko pushed wider with Aurier and Winks on. We would have been absolutely fine. If Ndombele was knackered then get Davies and Reguilon doubled up on the other side.

I cannot explain in words how painful the result was for me yesterday. I didnt even get to watch the game as i was driving home a distance. At 3-0 i stopped checking the score and smiled to myself thinking we would be nicely placed in 2nd with confidence and motivation sky high.

I am a JM supporter but this one is down to his game management. Sorry, no team of our standard shouldnt be able to see out a 3-0 win. The players need their arses handed to them and JM needs to put this one down as a marker every time they think about relaxing. Always 'LOOK WHAT HAPPENED AGAINST WEST HAM'.

As it stands everything is still up in the air and our forward line looks amazing. Lets hope this new defender gets his chance and shows our current centre halfs what it takes. Gutted doesnt even come close

I cannot explain in words how painful the result was for me yesterday. I didnt even get to watch the game as i was driving home a distance. At 3-0 i stopped checking the score and smiled to myself thinking we would be nicely placed in 2nd with confidence and motivation sky high.

I am a JM supporter but this one is down to his game management. Sorry, no team of our standard shouldnt be able to see out a 3-0 win. The players need their arses handed to them and JM needs to put this one down as a marker every time they think about relaxing. Always 'LOOK WHAT HAPPENED AGAINST WEST HAM'.

As it stands everything is still up in the air and our forward line looks amazing. Lets hope this new defender gets his chance and shows our current centre halfs what it takes. Gutted doesnt even come close

LH if you can bare it. The 90 minutes is up on the official website.

I have watched the first half very closely and re run a few passages more than twice to clarify . Antonio should have seen a red card after elbowing Sissoko in the face while already on a yellow, ref bottled it as he did a bad foul on Bergwijn later in the half. Son came very close to scoring off a great cross from Aurier, Fabianski did well. Ndombele had a very good 45 mins, Reggie great cross for Kanes goal but not great defending and some adventurous passing to lose possession but I could see what he was trying. Kane was excellent all over the pitch. West Ham were working very hard .

I haven't been pissed off like this for a while.

Just out of interest wasn't that the same ref who gave Newcastle the free-kick at the end of the game?
Not sure about the barcodes game , but it was him that disallowed Sons penalty at Wembley for allegedly stopping in his run up . Something that I had never seen before or since .
I can’t think of any other ref that has interpreted that “law” in that way . .... ever !

Not sure about the barcodes game , but it was him that disallowed Sons penalty at Wembley for allegedly stopping in his run up . Something that I had never seen before or since .
I can’t think of any other ref that has interpreted that “law” in that way . .... ever !

No it wasn't the same ref.

When you think back though, West Ham dominated most of the game. I remember writing that we had barely been out of our half for 16 mins and were 3-0 up. What annoyed me most is at 3-0 up we still can't relax and pass the ball around. There is no running off the ball to create space and retain possession. It is as if the handcuffs are well and truly on the players by Jose. That just leaves the shape too rigid.

We have had this problem for a while, and often only seem able to play incisive football for short 15-20 minute periods, if we are not ahead within that time, the game invariably changes for the reasons you state. I think it's also a mindset problem of not going for the jugular when we're in the ascendancy and strife for the killer instinct that top teams have. Various issues about our approach and how we manage games need to change.

The penalty he ruled out was against Rochdale , we won 6-1 in the end , but had another goal ruled out amid six other stoppages for VAR in the first half ! Mark Halsey said he was wrong to rule out the penalty and book Son , particularly as he missed three Rochdale players encroaching ! He is back on my list !!!