Aston Villa - Liverpool Sun 4th October 19.15 Thread | Page 57 | Vital Football

Aston Villa - Liverpool Sun 4th October 19.15 Thread

In the full knowledge you are pulling my leg... however...!

Not sure how it makes me a turncoat to be fair. I was pleased with the signing of the keeper, intrigued by signing of Ollie and in bringing in Ross we have a player equal to Grealish.

And my doubts on Smith, I must have said 100 times I want to be proven wrong. Last night went a long way in helping that.

I'm not the sort who wants to be proved right on thoughts, in fact I don't think we have any on this forum at the moment, who have doubts and want to be right to say 'told you so.' (We have had a few over the years for sure!)

What a night and you have to say, especially after watching the analysis on MOTD, our tactics were spot on. Smith gets the full praise for that. I also wonder how his new appointment Shakespeare has fit in and helped as well. Said a few times he might prove one of our best signings and again, that has to be down to Smith being big enough to bring in good coaches to work with him.

I hadn’t thought about the Shakespeare effect, but it was sort of a Leicester performance from 2015. Defend well, keep it tight, and hit with pace and decisiveness.

I didn’t think we were great at the back at times, it felt a bit desperate but always good to have something to work on.

The next time villa pull on the shirt, the potential is there for us to go top with a game in hand. Everton are playing liverpool in the early kickoff, obvs theyll want to do something to avenge the defeat from the mighty villa, so if liverpool win and then we beat Leicester at 3pm...... We're top of the world baybay!

Other than Sky and MOTD, has anyone seen/got a link to any thorough match analysis? Honestly, I get why most of the focus was on Liverpool, but I would like to see/hear/read some more detail about us and our tactics in our best performance in, what, 40 years?

Other than Sky and MOTD, has anyone seen/got a link to any thorough match analysis? Honestly, I get why most of the focus was on Liverpool, but I would like to see/hear/read some more detail about us and our tactics in our best performance in, what, 40 years?

How we won that game, by that margin -

1. Continual diagonal balls out from deep over the FBs (look at Watkins movement out wide) setting up attack after attack on the counter
2. Villa's midfield were hungrier and went after Liverpool in the middle and frankly bullied them all game
3. Ross drove forward in the middle and is much harder to get the ball off than SJM or DL
4. Ross on the pitch meant that they couldn't just double team SJG
5. Instant same wavelength relationship between Ross and SJG (and OW to be fair)
6. The whole team were up for it and found belief as the game went on
7. Willie the groundskeeper kept the grass nice and long
8. Liverpool showed Villa no respect with how high their line was and then didn't back that up with work-rate - they completely underestimated Villa and thought we would be a walkover

Not yet mate I would love to see it as well, I think at times it was a 4,2,3,1 which is why Barkley had that freedom, and McGinn was sitting quite deep at times, which might explain why Liverpool found it troubling on the edge of our box, Although saying that Grealish and Trezeguet dropped quite deep at times and Barkley was still up there making it more of a 4,4,1,1.

How we played, how the players were moving around I absolutely loved it, the fact we were organised but players had the freedom to move in and out of different positions was impressive and I believe we really are working on something and it's starting to click.

Biggest disappointment was that it was only 7, could easily have been double figures.

Starts at the top , NSWE , have a vision and committed to Villa, this filters on down, the Nassef video call with Jack ... he signs and it starts from there.
The signings that have come in this window, you can only say one thing ... brilliant.
Just hope we can power on from here, hope another forward in before window shuts.
Thank You Villa
Blimey take it your not happy with the amount of goals we have scored:oops::p

Not yet mate I would love to see it as well, I think at times it was a 4,2,3,1 which is why Barkley had that freedom, and McGinn was sitting quite deep at times, which might explain why Liverpool found it troubling on the edge of our box, Although saying that Grealish and Trezeguet dropped quite deep at times and Barkley was still up there making it more of a 4,4,1,1.

How we played, how the players were moving around I absolutely loved it, the fact we were organised but players had the freedom to move in and out of different positions was impressive and I believe we really are working on something and it's starting to click.

Yes looked like a 4411 to me or 424 at times :wahey:

In the full knowledge you are pulling my leg... however...!

Not sure how it makes me a turncoat to be fair. I was pleased with the signing of the keeper, intrigued by signing of Ollie and in bringing in Ross we have a player equal to Grealish.

And my doubts on Smith, I must have said 100 times I want to be proven wrong. Last night went a long way in helping that.

I'm not the sort who wants to be proved right on thoughts, in fact I don't think we have any on this forum at the moment, who have doubts and want to be right to say 'told you so.' (We have had a few over the years for sure!)

What a night and you have to say, especially after watching the analysis on MOTD, our tactics were spot on. Smith gets the full praise for that. I also wonder how his new appointment Shakespeare has fit in and helped as well. Said a few times he might prove one of our best signings and again, that has to be down to Smith being big enough to bring in good coaches to work with him.
I would imagine I was haha can't remember I couldn't help but get extremely drunk last night with the missus but yeah of course I was pulling ya leg I know you feel the hurt.