The Ross Barkley Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Ross Barkley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real step up in quality. Just his physical strength is going to be a big change from Hourihane.

If he can stay fit and clear of any injuries he could be a very good signing for us this season.

He's better than Hourihane and McGinn. Fantastic signing. We either get a central midfield of Barkley Luiz and McGinn or Barkley Luiz and Grealish with McGinn a very good option off the bench/ in rotation. Starting to look pretty damn strong in that position.

I'm glad he's signed and hopefully proves a lot of the doubters wrong, I actually think around 10-12th is now very realistic he makes that much of a difference for me.

Last edited:
A real step up in quality. Just his physical strength is going to be a big change from Hourihane.

If he can stay fit and clear of any injuries he could be a very good signing for us this season.

I was going to ask this because I can’t be bothered to look and people will know the websites that detail this, but he does have a pretty dodgy injury record doesn’t he?

It’s the reason I’m quite happy with a loan deal for him for now, what’s the point in spending £20m for someone to be injured most of the time. At least let’s test the water first

I was going to ask this because I can’t be bothered to look and people will know the websites that detail this, but he does have a pretty dodgy injury record doesn’t he?

It’s the reason I’m quite happy with a loan deal for him for now, what’s the point in spending £20m for someone to be injured most of the time. At least let’s test the water first

1601461654744.png

Two relatively long spells out (hamstring and foot). I don't think that constitutes injury prone so that looks okay to me.

View attachment 42498

Two relatively long spells out (hamstring and foot). I don't think that constitutes injury prone so that looks okay to me.

You posted same time as me, deleted it now :cheers:

Looks okay to me too, Hamstring seems to of sorted itself out, and foot injury has got less and less, he's fit and regular now, Chelsea fans are fuming.

He played 31 games last season.

Seems he's only played 52 PL games for Chelsea and he only started 24 but they have some incredible players at that club. He may have been injured of course. Got 33 England caps and scored 6 goals

Seems he's only played 52 PL games for Chelsea and he only started 24 but they have some incredible players at that club. He may have been injured of course. Got 33 England caps and scored 6 goals

Yep, from the posts above doesn’t seem to be a current issue which is good. There’s a tingling sensation in me that has a feeling an up-and-coming Villa could be a perfect place for a talented 26 year old coming into his prime to make himself a fan favourite.

I don’t want to get too excited to quickly but we can all feel it 😄

Pleased with this, despite unease at the loan system. But the system is there, so despite the fact I'd like it scrapped for same division loans, we might as well take advantage. Wish there was an option to buy, seen a few times a player do great on loan then go back to their club and do well. But for this season, to push us onward, fair enough.

Pleased it is Ross, always looks quality to me.

He's decent at set pieces too, Got to feel a bit for Conor (Even if I do give him a bit of slack) But it's about improving us, Barkley's quality just in training day in day out should improve the lads.

Surely Mr Southgate will be spending more time at Villa with SEVEN English starters.

Said a while back mate that he's a player I've watched for many years now thinking about how he might turn out - seeing him playing for Villa is going to be a bit special for me even though I have concerns about his head but there's absolutely no doubting what he's capable of he's up for it, a genuine world class talent who can do pretty much anything he sets his mind to.

Last edited:
Wow! A massive upgrade from Hourihane. A real statement of intent. Takes the pressure of Grealish, adds creativity, gives us more dimensions and more for opponents to worry about. He'll be desperate to get into the Euro squad, so hopefully we'll have an enjoyable season ahead!

Pleased with this, despite unease at the loan system. But the system is there, so despite the fact I'd like it scrapped for same division loans, we might as well take advantage. Wish there was an option to buy, seen a few times a player do great on loan then go back to their club and do well. But for this season, to push us onward, fair enough.

Pleased it is Ross, always looks quality to me.

You've gotta be eyeing top half now IMO and that'll earn us another £200k pw for wages to help BUY genuine top players like this as our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.