Jay's Interview with Alan Nixon | Page 4 | Vital Football

Jay's Interview with Alan Nixon

We has wigan athletic need to be free and independent from the local rugby team be it worriers or pollard
We need to own the stadium has this would interfear with future sale of our beloved club to any perspective buyers
I hope we find a buyer that will keep us free from their control
And our independence secured from pollard and co
Up the Tics Fuck the wurriors and co
Whelan owned both

Why will it cost millions to run latics?
We was losing 800000 a month because of the wages, they have gone now and we cant spend more than 2.5million a year. So that means the wages are 200000 a month.
We get 4million from the telly money and then plus crowds eventually and the other stuff.

So ran well you are not losing millions, you can if you go out and spend on players, but the tranfer market in the lower lgs will collaspe as so many players are without clubs. And you are not going to go out and pay millions for a player because you cant pay them big money so they wont come.

There is going to be a massive gap between Lge 1 and the Championship

We don't get 4m in tv money, it's about a quarter of that. We lose 1m a year in stadium running costs. Not to mention cost of running academy.

Admin estimated running costs for next 2 years at 5m net loss before you factor in the cost of buying the club.

Whoever buys us will likely have to put 10m within the first 2 years.

We don't get 4m in tv money, it's about a quarter of that. We lose 1m a year in stadium running costs. Not to mention cost of running academy.

Admin estimated running costs for next 2 years at 5m net loss before you factor in the cost of buying the club.

Whoever buys us will likely have to put 10m within the first 2 years.
Counts leneghan out then

Probably take money out of what he gets from the efl funding and TV money because he gets little from his beloved wurriors
Hey that's a point did he not try to charge the yanks more for rent which they said to him go whistle
If the yanks had bought us and he had the stadium cheeky fucker that laneghan

TV funding won't ever cover half of the wage bill in L1, let alone stadium running costs. He's not buying us to get at our money as we lose more than Warriors do.

We has wigan athletic need to be free and independent from the local rugby team be it worriers or pollard
We need to own the stadium has this would interfear with future sale of our beloved club to any perspective buyers
I hope we find a buyer that will keep us free from their control
And our independence secured from pollard and co
Up the Tics Fuck the wurriors and co

Owning the DW is not actually very attractive due to the large annual loss it makes. It already cost us getting the Americans and no doubt put off other bidders. Up to 1m a year lost on a ground that can't really be used much more due to pitch maintenance for 2 sports and can't ever be sold off makes it a hard sell.

Sorry but you contridicted yourself there latics fans leaving will be doing what the rugby trolls want can't you get it Leneghan is a rugby troll too

If he is a rugby troll then diverting resources that he could spend on Warriors into saving and funding our annual loses means he's not very good at trolling.

I keep hearing everyone raving about the academy lads but i think we've gotten a bit carried away. We've not seen that many and not seen that much of them, some have shown promise others struggled. But no one has exploded onto the scene to lock down their place in the first 11 yet. Not that you'd necessarily expect that but I think some of the chat on social media would make you think we have had those.

I'm not saying they are all rubbish and none will become good first teamers - but I think it's way too soon to say if we've got lads who will go onto be be the next McMannnaman and Baines or the next Tim Chow and Lee Nicholls. As the latter 2 were meant to be first teamers in waiting and it just never panned out.

I think we need to see a fair bit more of them before we can really judge how valuable they can be. The temptation is to always over hype our own lads as we all love the idea of our home grown superstars but I don't think we should let our expectations get ahead of them.

I keep hearing everyone raving about the academy lads but i think we've gotten a bit carried away. We've not seen that many and not seen that much of them, some have shown promise others struggled. But no one has exploded onto the scene to lock down their place in the first 11 yet. Not that you'd necessarily expect that but I think some of the chat on social media would make you think we have had those.

I'm not saying they are all rubbish and none will become good first teamers - but I think it's way too soon to say if we've got lads who will go onto be be the next McMannnaman and Baines or the next Tim Chow and Lee Nicholls. As the latter 2 were meant to be first teamers in waiting and it just never panned out.

I think we need to see a fair bit more of them before we can really judge how valuable they can be. The temptation is to always over hype our own lads as we all love the idea of our home grown superstars but I don't think we should let our expectations get ahead of them.

JS needs to sign some experienced older players to take
some pressure off these young lads, as you can't expect
them to carry this burden for the full season.

You need a mixture of older and younger players to
form a decent team, which hopefully will flourish
in this league.

All the academy lads who were going to go on and become the next McManaman and Baines have been sold for peanuts. Devine, Weir, Gelhardt. Cheers Gerry!

Care to name & shame then Pie eater?
Which individuals have had bile/ lies & bullshit aimed towards them?? - Serious questions PE, not a dig at u btw.

Leneghan for a start. I have never seen an anti-latics quote attributable to him, yet some on here are already accusing him of killing the club.

Ainscough. Has never been involved in football in Wigan, even during the glory years, yet again he gets pelters for not suddenly taking a financial interest in something that he never has.

And as for Bickymon's comments...it defies logic that any true supporter of their football club would rather it die than be saved by someone who likes rugby league. You epitomise the phrase "knuckle dragger" sir.

Last edited:

It’s a fair point KDZ but there is a clear difference between the youngsters produced over the past couple of years and the players referred to in your posts.
They have won their Leagues and moreover have regularly met (and often beaten) academy/youth teams from top tier sides and were unfortunate not to make the semis of the FA youth cup last season.
Not that their future status is yet guaranteed but the fact is that three have already been sold for substantial fees to Premiership clubs ....the only thing we all agreed on being that those fees were actually LESS than we thought they were worth.
Whether Merrie/Long and the others prove to be of the same standard remains to be seen, but they have been developed from the same system.

In the past we were rising through the leagues.
When we were in lower leagues, we only attracted a certain level of youth player.
We went up the league and such player did not meet the requirements of the level when they reached maturity.
Hence the low to non existent 'break through' to senior football

and then look at the attrition of MUFC youth players for example

Leneghan for a start. I have never seen an anti-latics quote attributable to him, yet some on here are already accusing him of killing the club.

Ainscough. Has never been involved in football in Wigan, even during the glory years, yet again he gets pelters for not suddenly taking a financial interest in something that he never has.

And as for Bickymon's comments...it defies logic that any true supporter of their football club would rather it die than be saved by someone who likes rugby league. You epitomise the phrase "knuckle dragger" sir.

To whom are you calling "knuckle dragger" ????

Thanks but where have I said I would sooner see club die
My comments don't defy logic but come from me personally not giving two flyers about wigan rugby or anyone involved with them
And don't want them feckers involved with our club
Never forget is the moto I use when it comes to them feckers
And I'm sure I'm not alone thinking this way

Thanks but where have I said I would sooner see club die
My comments don't defy logic but come from me personally not giving two flyers about wigan rugby or anyone involved with them
And don't want them feckers involved with our club
Never forget is the moto I use when it comes to them feckers
And I'm sure I'm not alone thinking this way

Im with king on this id be done with football saying that if lanegan gets his way id be done either way due to principle of it

Spoken like a "Tics till I die" mon?