Jay's Interview with Alan Nixon | Page 3 | Vital Football

Jay's Interview with Alan Nixon

Just had a listen to this podcast. Whilst there was nothing really new in there it was certainly informative and Nixon came across extremely well. Seems as exasperated by these clowns as we are. Indeed everyone that gets interviewed be it him, Nandy, Burnham have little positive to say about them. Excellent work by Jay Whittle.

He doesn’t want the club. He wants the ground. The only way that ground is viable is if we are involved as we bring in the greater revenue. No one is willing to do deal with him so he needs the club himself so he can authorise the payments. I don’t want an owner like that with ulterior motives. We’ve already been used and abused, the last thing we need is for it to carry on.

How do you know what he wants?

He doesn’t want the club. He wants the ground. The only way that ground is viable is if we are involved as we bring in the greater revenue. No one is willing to do deal with him so he needs the club himself so he can authorise the payments. I don’t want an owner like that with ulterior motives. We’ve already been used and abused, the last thing we need is for it to carry on.

If he owns Latics he'll lose more money than just owning the ground or being a tennant. It's a bit like spending 10 quid to save 5 quid - complete false economy.

I think there is no fessible ulterior motives to buying us as there are no assets left to strip and you are almost certainly going to lose money every year. He made an offer for the ground on it's when the American's didn't want it.

Buying us is pretty much a guarentee to lose millions in the short to medium term - the only way the club is viable is if we can be succesful on the pitch by getting promotion and finding players who play well enough to sell for big profit via an efficient recruitment team and prolific academy - so our mutual interests would have to align. If anyone bought us with the intention of screwing money out of us it would be blatent multi million act of financial self harm. With the exception of the very murky Choi - Yeung transaction i don't think anyone else would do that.

I don't think anyone who buys us wants us to fail or can hurt us more than what is happening now.

If he owns Latics he'll lose more money than just owning the ground or being a tennant. It's a bit like spending 10 quid to save 5 quid - complete false economy.

I think there is no fessible ulterior motives to buying us as there are no assets left to strip and you are almost certainly going to lose money every year. He made an offer for the ground on it's when the American's didn't want it.

Buying us is pretty much a guarentee to lose millions in the short to medium term - the only way the club is viable is if we can be succesful on the pitch by getting promotion and finding players who play well enough to sell for big profit via an efficient recruitment team and prolific academy - so our mutual interests would have to align. If anyone bought us with the intention of screwing money out of us it would be blatent multi million act of financial self harm. With the exception of the very murky Choi - Yeung transaction i don't think anyone else would do that.

I don't think anyone who buys us wants us to fail or can hurt us more than what is happening now.

Not necessarily. Run us on a shoe string, little to no investment, lump debt on the club as the ground is a separate entity. He’ll ramp up the rent and he’ll make a decent yearly return.

the only way the club is viable is if we can be succesful on the pitch by getting promotion and finding players who play well enough to sell for big profit via an efficient recruitment team and prolific academy.
Which ironically would have been on track had Jedi's transfer to Italy gone through and the cream of the academy been jettisoned for buttons. Given how well most of the remaining academy lads have slotted in we were clearly sitting on a goldmine.
Another thing to thank Choi, his pasty and baron Greenback for 🙄

With supporters like some on here, spouting bile, lies and bullshit towards individuals who have never said anything bad about the Latics, its no bloody wonder there's nobody interested in buying the club.

Care to name & shame then Pie eater?
Which individuals have had bile/ lies & bullshit aimed towards them?? - Serious questions PE, not a dig at u btw.
I must hold my hands up to 'spouting off' on here towards the HK Twins, Rick Parry & the clowns up in EFL Towers....guilty as charged Mi Lord 😉

If it came to pass we wouldn't be owned by Rugby, we'd be a seperate company like Warriors were never owned by Latics.

Anyone thinking about abandoning supporting Latics at home would be doing exactly what all the Rugby trolls and Lindsey want - they want to see our crowds fall massively below theirs and the club not recover from this financially. All staying away does is hurt the club when it needs us the most in terms of our support and money and puts a big smile on the haters face as we needleslly hurt ourselves. Going to just away games doesn't really help the club as the majority of ticket revenue goes to the home team. The absolute best thing we can all do to ensure the clubs recovers if we get bought is getting season tickets, going the cup games, buying the merch, etc.

If you put money into the club, you don't put profit into Lenegans pocket as he will be covering annual loses if he is in charge every year. The money withheld in tickets just makes it even harder for the club to make ends meet and survive.
Sorry but you contridicted yourself there latics fans leaving will be doing what the rugby trolls want can't you get it Leneghan is a rugby troll too

Care to name & shame then Pie eater?
Which individuals have had bile/ lies & bullshit aimed towards them?? - Serious questions PE, not a dig at u btw.
I must hold my hands up to 'spouting off' on here towards the HK Twins, Rick Parry & the clowns up in EFL Towers....guilty as charged Mi Lord 😉

I think he might mean those expressing an opinion and having a go at local journalist Paul Kendrick in comparison to National journalist Alan Nixon.

Personally I dont see a problem in what has been posted as it isn't OTT.

I think he might mean those expressing an opinion and having a go at local journalist Paul Kendrick in comparison to National journalist Alan Nixon.

Personally I dont see a problem in what has been posted as it isn't OTT.
Correct also after listening to nixon I know who I would rather listen too

With supporters like some on here, spouting bile, lies and bullshit towards individuals who have never said anything bad about the Latics, its no bloody wonder there's nobody interested in buying the club.
So why don't you stick to your own rugby forum instead of talking vile and shit on here

Not necessarily. Run us on a shoe string, little to no investment, lump debt on the club as the ground is a separate entity. He’ll ramp up the rent and he’ll make a decent yearly return.

MiW ....if he runs us on a shoestring, with little or no investment then we’ll likely spiral further down from where we are already.....in which case how would we ever be in a position to pay ‘ramped up rent’ ?.....
We‘d eventually shrink to virtually nothing or out of business altogether and he’s left with the stadium to run and maintain on his own, which no one thinks he can (or more likely wants) to afford ?

I‘m not sure it would be a perfect outcome either, but as a character (for me) he’s light years in front of his predecessors at the rugby.

MiW ....if he runs us on a shoestring, with little or no investment then we’ll likely spiral further down from where we are already.....in which case how would we ever be in a position to pay ‘ramped up rent’ ?.....
We‘d eventually shrink to virtually nothing or out of business altogether and he’s left with the stadium to run and maintain on his own, which no one thinks he can (or more likely wants) to afford ?

I‘m not sure it would be a perfect outcome either, but as a character (for me) he’s light years in front of his predecessors at the rugby.
We has wigan athletic need to be free and independent from the local rugby team be it worriers or pollard
We need to own the stadium has this would interfear with future sale of our beloved club to any perspective buyers
I hope we find a buyer that will keep us free from their control
And our independence secured from pollard and co
Up the Tics Fuck the wurriors and co

Oh OK

and by the way ...IF....he effectively ends up owning the Latics (and it’s still “if” at this point) ...then if he later puts the rent up ....he’d be putting it up to himself ??

He’ll set up club and stadium as separate enterprises. He’ll load debt onto the club, thus protecting himself. Effectively he’ll have no personal investment in the club, just stadium. Don’t forget he needs proof of funding for two years to get it, which is where he’s struggling. As we’ve found out that’s a pointless guarantee.

At the start of this when he said he was interested in saving us I was positive about him. However since trying to buy the stadium alone - and therefore giving krasner a possible fallback and this ensuring the price is kept high and therefore deterring bidders my view has changed entirely. I don’t want him anywhere near the club

Oh OK

and by the way ...IF....he effectively ends up owning the Latics (and it’s still “if” at this point) ...then if he later puts the rent up ....he’d be putting it up to himself ??
Probably take money out of what he gets from the efl funding and TV money because he gets little from his beloved wurriors
Hey that's a point did he not try to charge the yanks more for rent which they said to him go whistle
If the yanks had bought us and he had the stadium cheeky fucker that laneghan

Why will it cost millions to run latics?
We was losing 800000 a month because of the wages, they have gone now and we cant spend more than 2.5million a year. So that means the wages are 200000 a month.
We get 4million from the telly money and then plus crowds eventually and the other stuff.

So ran well you are not losing millions, you can if you go out and spend on players, but the tranfer market in the lower lgs will collaspe as so many players are without clubs. And you are not going to go out and pay millions for a player because you cant pay them big money so they wont come.

There is going to be a massive gap between Lge 1 and the Championship

Last edited:
He’ll set up club and stadium as separate enterprises. He’ll load debt onto the club, thus protecting himself. Effectively he’ll have no personal investment in the club, just stadium. Don’t forget he needs proof of funding for two years to get it, which is where he’s struggling. As we’ve found out that’s a pointless guarantee.

At the start of this when he said he was interested in saving us I was positive about him. However since trying to buy the stadium alone - and therefore giving krasner a possible fallback and this ensuring the price is kept high and therefore deterring bidders my view has changed entirely. I don’t want him anywhere near the club

How do you know this, do you know him personally and he has told you or are you making it up?

If you buy the club for millions you are millions out of pocket, if you then run it into the ground you are even more out of pocket when it collapses.

There is no way for anyone to make money by deliberetly failing in L1.

If he is bringing on Eales to run the club who has no previous involvement in Rugby, Speakman who is a Latics fan and expexting Danson to foot the bill do you think any of those 3 would be in favour of spending millions to lose millions more and kill a club? It defies logic.