The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 52 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

Troy Deeney for us last season, would have scored more than any of our lot, that might have won us more games, taken the pressure off the defence, relaxed the midfield and led to doing more than scraping survival. He got 10 goals, that could have made a huge difference.

Not sure what his contribution is, assists wise either.

Firmino got 12 goals in all competitions. That was more than 10 when I was last at school.

Same as Troy, not sure what his stats are assists wise, would guess more because he is a cut above as are Liverpool.

But yes, either, have more than our strikers got, they managed 9 (6 in PL) in total between them. And we wonder why we only scraped survival.

A striker able to score, is absolutely crucial to the whole set up of any team. Surprised we are even having this discussion really!
I wouldn't be against a Deeney type signing but I got a feeling this would go down worse than Big Eck did can't see him being too keen either lol.

I think Davis is far better than Wesley, considering he cost nothing and Wesley was 22m, I look beyond the price tag , I get Wesley scored 5 goals but he had 20 games unchallenged Davis hasn't played a full game yet
Thing is Wesley can score with head and feet, as evidenced by his time in Belgium (yes it's not the PL but the ball and goal are the same shape and size), whereas I've not seen any convincing evidence Davis isn't allergic to scoring.

TBF he's like Careca at these things when compared to Keinan Davis. He also looked a lot better than Samatta overall. Wesley is the least of our striking problems.

Yeah, I still want to see Wes do well and think there's more to come.

I just remember a few games early in the season where he took a few shots just outside the box and my cat could kick the ball harder, it was very odd. Also for his size he should be firing in headers regularly.

But for all our complaining he still gets goals and who's to say he wouldn't have finished on 10 or more?

It's a good sign.

Yeah, I still want to see Wes do well and think there's more to come.

I just remember a few games early in the season where he took a few shots just outside the box and my cat could kick the ball harder, it was very odd. Also for his size he should be firing in headers regularly.

But for all our complaining he still gets goals and who's to say he wouldn't have finished on 10 or more?

It's a good sign.
To be me, whilst being well built he had issues with his balance, he seemed to improve that as time went by.

To be me, whilst being well built he had issues with his balance, he seemed to improve that as time went by.

He will always look awkward, having one leg longer than the other. Not much he can do about that really.

I can see the positives, I really can, but to make it at this level he needs to be more mobile, a bit less theatrical and stick his laces through the ball a lot more. The question is can this be coached into him?

I think and hope Wes will do the biz at an acceptable level for us even if he doesn't become sensational. He has the physical attributes and has fought his way to the PL. Think it was just a bit of a shock to his system last year and, with what we had on the bench, he basically had the entire club's responsibility for striker's duties hung on him from day one.

It was utter fucking stupidity to buy him as your main and only striker with very little experience at this level, and without the cover of a more experienced striker to take the heavy lifting of scoring last season so he could be eased in and learn from someone a few years ahead of him.

I think and hope Wes will do the biz at an acceptable level for us even if he doesn't become sensational. He has the physical attributes and has fought his way to the PL. Think it was just a bit of a shock to his system last year and, with what we had on the bench, he basically had the entire club's responsibility for striker's duties hung on him from day one.
Yes, he was just starting to find his feet (in every sense) before Ben Mee's disgraceful intervention.

Touch of a baby elephant on a beach ball and the turning circle of the Torrey Canyon, a very expensive Jordan Bowery.

Obviously for the price, someone has seen something in him, not sure when Stevie Wonder joined our scouting network but I hope he left with suso

Touch of a baby elephant on a beach ball and the turning circle of the Torrey Canyon, a very expensive Jordan Bowery.

Obviously for the price, someone has seen something in him, not sure when Stevie Wonder joined our scouting network but I hope he left with suso

Only thing anyone saw in him was that he’s Brazilian and a striker, so that instantly makes him world class.

Ignored the fact he had a ratio of 1 in 3 in Belgium... in those leagues you need to be scoring in as many games as you play if you are any good as a goal scoring striker.

Only thing anyone saw in him was that he’s Brazilian and a striker, so that instantly makes him world class.

Ignored the fact he had a ratio of 1 in 3 in Belgium... in those leagues you need to be scoring in as many games as you play if you are any good as a goal scoring striker.

It's not even that with me Dan he just doesn't seem to have anything but the size and a big price tag , I can see more in Hourihane at least he can take corner

It's not even that with me Dan he just doesn't seem to have anything but the size and a big price tag , I can see more in Hourihane at least he can take corner

He needs personal and one to one coaching for a good few months to learn how to hold the ball up and use his strength. Genuinely bring Heskey in as a coach if he’s doing nothing to coach and mentor him.