US Politics Thread | Page 418 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

A US businesswoman who has expressed support for the QAnon conspiracy theory has won the Republican nomination for a seat in the House of Representatives. Marjorie Taylor Greene is now expected to be elected in November to represent Georgia's heavily conservative 14th congressional district, and become QAnon's first devotee in Congress.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53747851

"Several Republican officials spoke out against her campaign earlier this year when videos were unearthed showing her making offensive remarks about black people, Muslims and Jews."

200w.gif

A US businesswoman who has expressed support for the QAnon conspiracy theory has won the Republican nomination for a seat in the House of Representatives. Marjorie Taylor Greene is now expected to be elected in November to represent Georgia's heavily conservative 14th congressional district, and become QAnon's first devotee in Congress.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53747851

"Several Republican officials spoke out against her campaign earlier this year when videos were unearthed showing her making offensive remarks about black people, Muslims and Jews."

200w.gif

Unbelievable that this woman could be considered a viable candidate. Sounds narrow minded apart from her belief in Q :rolleyes:

For such a relatively young country, a country built on a melting pot of immigrants (having wiped out so many of the native American's) it is certainly an angry and racist place isn't it?

Unbelievable the politicians, at the very least, can't be representing a calmer and more educated stance.
Spot on JF. Every single American is probably 5th or 6th generation immigrant themselves and yet they are one of the most protectionist and anti imigration countries.

I have always loved visiting the States but it appears to becoming madder by the day

Trump is going to lose. He knows he is going to lose and so he is blaming everyone and everything he can now. Trump is faultless. He has never made a mistake in his life and if something goes wrong its always somebody else's fault. He has installed one of his mates to run the postal service and he has started removing letter sorting equipment so that the in mail voting will be almost impossible. In one state , because of the virus, they have shut almost all of the polling station with just 5 left in the entire state. I watch lots of different news channels and CNN in particular. The more I see and hear him the more I dislike him. I think when he dies the world will be a much better place.

President Donald Trump says he has "heard" Democratic candidate Kamala Harris "doesn't qualify" to serve as US vice-president, amplifying a fringe legal theory critics decry as racist.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53774289

:shrug:
Its like he did with Obama, he is suggesting that she was'nt born in the USA even though she was born in Calafornia. Me thinks they are running scared of her knowing that she will attract millions of none white voters. Apparently the hour after her first appearance with Biden they raised a record amount of funding from supporters.

For such a relatively young country, a country built on a melting pot of immigrants (having wiped out so many of the native American's) it is certainly an angry and racist place isn't it?

Unbelievable the politicians, at the very least, can't be representing a calmer and more educated stance.

They surely want you to think that, don't they.

God help us if he gets in. It could be worse mind. At least it wont be Boris and Trump.

Here's what kefkat said back in the day!
The UK might just be stuck with Mr Johnson for the next four years. The question is will the USA (and the world) end up with a second helping of the Donald?

That has been the case for months. I did say you could put a Ham Sandwich up against Trump, and it would win. People are just fed up of the shitshow he brings.

I dont know, Heath. Some otherwise sensible people I know think he is the bee's knees. Obviously I hope he loses but I wouldn't be risking the deeds of the house on it.

That's my worry BBJ - I didn't think he'd get in first time round with all his contradictory/chanty nonsense but in their system even though he lost he won.

I'm praying Heath's belief here is true though!

They surely want you to think that, don't they.

Not sure who 'they' are in this instance mate and what they 'want' me to think?

It is a melting pot, and it is an angry place, not sure that is something I've been 'forced' to think, if that is what you mean Etouffee?