US Politics Thread | Page 419 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Does anyone know if there is any truth whatsoever in the second claim in this meme? A google search has yielded no evidence so I'm inclined to think it's made up.kh.jpg

A quick google hasn't helped BBJ.

I'd assume any possible truth there is in the realms of Kier Starmer being pummelled for 'letting Saville off' when the truth is, there was no evidence to prosecute.

Reactions: BBJ
No truth at all, BBJ. The Trump campaign is in full lie mode.

As for his chances, the only reason h won in 2016 was because people were so confident that Hillary would win they either stayed at home, or indulged their beliefs and voted for a third party. 2018 showed what happens when they do turn out.

Reactions: BBJ
Here's what kefkat said back in the day!
The UK might just be stuck with Mr Johnson for the next four years. The question is will the USA (and the world) end up with a second helping of the Donald?

Many a true word spoken in jest I can hear my late mom saying 😨

Not sure who 'they' are in this instance mate and what they 'want' me to think?

It is a melting pot, and it is an angry place, not sure that is something I've been 'forced' to think, if that is what you mean Etouffee?

Sorry, a little late in responding.

They = Media and a lot of the folks on here posting stuff. America is far from an angry place as a whole. There are some hotspots that are primarily in Democrat (Left) controlled areas that are angry but I don't see that.

Also, "you" wasn't you specifically. :) However if the shoe fits.

For the most part, I have stopped looking at the news as it's so blatantly wrong anymore.

I can tell you for a fact, the angriest people I have encountered all post on right wing sites. They preach hatred and murder as a matter of course.

And Trump is egging them on.

Gotcha Etouffee. I think a lot of countries are angry at the moment, I find USA an interesting one, I have good friends there and have been (only, I realise it isn't like living there) 6 or 7 times, to different areas.

And yes, a lot of it at the moment is the impression of who I know talking about it, the media, and incidents - mostly gun and gang related.

So no, not everyone in the country are angry, but I do think it has a long way to go to find some sort of equality and peace. I do retain my view, it is an angry country. I would add, that I am finding the UK and probably most specifically England, an angry place as well. Now if I go to Broadway or other places in England it won't be... but the general spirit in a divided country, is.

I didn't say - just to be specific - everyone in the country is angry!

Probably a bit clearer!

I can tell you for a fact, the angriest people I have encountered all post on right-wing sites. They preach hatred and murder as a matter of course.

And Trump is egging them on.

I think you need to branch out then. There are some Right Wing wackjobs in this country no doubt, but the angriest and most non-sensical posts I see come from the left. Not sure about egging them on as it doesn't take much to motivate someone who is already set out to anger/troll/insight. But I would agree that Trump needs to choose his words better and choose not to say some of the things that he does.

What we are missing the most in this country is common ground and the more we move away from that to either side the more we will have the issues we have today. No one wants to solve a problem but they all want to point one out. This in turn hides the real problems in the minutia of this blame/shame culture we currently live in and with no solutions, it's just the daily media coverage of who was blamed today. From that people are either going to jump on board to blame more or support which then creates the divide we have.

There are both right and left wingers posting on these sites. Only the right wingers threaten to shoot the others.

The problem is that Trump only wants to help about 40% of the Country. The 40% that support him. That's not his job, and the left know it. That's why they want him gone.

Never mind that he has committed so many crimes whilst in Office and continues to do so.

"Whenever we look to this White House for some leadership or consolation or any semblance of steadiness, what we get instead is chaos, division, and a total and utter lack of empathy.

"Right now kids in this country are seeing what happens when we stop requiring empathy of one another. They're looking around wondering if we've been lying to them this whole time about who we are and what we truly value."

Michele Obama.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

A husband and wife who pointed guns at racial justice protesters in the US will reportedly appear at the Republican Party convention this month. Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who are both lawyers, were filmed brandishing weapons as demonstrators marched along their private Missouri street in June.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53819020

Would anyone mind if they had an accident whilst cleaning said firearms?

In case you missed it, the Senate Intelligence Committee finished it 5th and final report into Russian interference, and published it yesterday.

It is important to understand that this is a bipartisan committee, led by the Republicans.

So when it says the following, it cannot be dismissed easily:-

"The Committee's Report clearly shows that Trump and his Campaign were not mere bystanders in this attack - they were active participants. They coordinated their activities with the releases of the hacked Russian data, magnified the effects of a known Russian campaign, and welcomed the mutual benefit from the Russian activity."

So the Trumpites are coming after Joe Biden in relation to his "touchy feely" escapades over the years.
But compare these examples.
Here's what Joe Biden said last year:-
"Social norms have begun to change — they've shifted. And the boundaries of producing personal space have been reset, and I get it. I get it. I hear what they're saying. I understand it. And I'll be much more mindful.That's my responsibility. My responsibility, and I'll meet it. I'll always believe — governing quite frankly for that matter — is about connecting with people. That won't change, but I will be more mindful and respectful of people's personal space. And that's a good thing."
Here's what Donald Trump said in 2016:
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. ... Grab ‘em by the p***y. You can do anything.”
Here's what he also said in 2016:
I did try and f*** her. She was married.
And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, "I'll show you where they have some nice furniture." I took her out furniture—I moved on her like a b***h. But I couldn't get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony txxs and everything. She's totally changed her look.

Joe Biden's alleged misbehaviour with members of the opposite sex is in the twopenny place compared with Donald Trump's sordid speechifying.