What a bloody hypocrite. | Page 33 | Vital Football

What a bloody hypocrite.

In the end - so if the Fire brigade tell you there is a suspected gas leak in your property, and it turns out later that it was not the case, you would have defended your stubborn resolve to stay at home?
That is not analogous. He moved to a more convenient location. I cannot imagine that is how the vast majority of the rest of the population interpreted the instruction" stay at home". As I understood it, people should only move when life was at immediate risk. How did the Cummings family qualify?

What he did as an individual was not a hanging offece but the bs, arrogance and total lack of sympathy for the upset caused by manipulating the rules was the really damaging part. The Barnard Castle journey bs would have been really funny had we not been in the midst of a health crisis.

Keep up the cognitive dissonance, it is still entertaining.

Just been discussing this with my missus and said that in spite of enjoying the sh#t being piled on him and that fake Johnson, I would actually rather it hadn't happened as it is damaging for our society. Are you claiming that isn't Cummings/Johnson's fault?

It is a bit like me saying it was ok for Corbyn to refer to Hamas as "our friends" and it was the fault of the nasty media for reporting it.

Keep up - she resigned/was kicked out of the Party (or had the whip withdrawn). Try again!
From what I read this morning over breakfast, she had resigned her front bench post, however, remaining an MP. Happy to be proved wrong though..........
She should resign her seat, if she had an ounce of dignity.
Then call a by-election to see if she still has the confidence of her constituents.
Agree with this. Personally, as someone who strongly condemned Cummings at the start, (and still feels he shouldve resigned) she has acted in the same manner. Albeit they are not her own rules she broke.

The Durham farm is jointly owned by Cummings and his parents. He bought it and profited from EU subsidies to boot. Visiting a second home, add that to the charge sheet. The more you look the more this keeps giving. Refusing to apologise, ever, does have its down sides. More to come for sure.

Cummings is not a elected politician with the job of representing the people, she is a elected politician who has been very vocal in condemning anyone who broke the lock down.

"what a bloody hypocrite"

Couldn't she have claimed that she needed to go for a walk to test her eyesight with the boyfriend asking her to identify various items?

I've noticed that Cummings is the only one to be caught and then try to bs his way out of it, taking the public for mugs.
I think you will find Vaughan Gething did the same, his 5 year old boy was hungry so it wasn't a pick nick, just feeding his boy.

And now Rosie Duffield has been snitched on

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/canter...s-for-breaching-lockdown-restrictions-228017/

Vocal opponent of people visiting second homes during lockdown.......
The title of this thread is about "hypocrisy".

Also, there was Tahir Ali (Birmingham MP) who attended a funeral with 100 people - but was he telling others not to ? (I don't believe so)

Quite frankly I don't give a fig what these MPs - or Cummings did - as long as they kept their distance form others.

So far, only Rosie Duffield seems to have been actually giving specific instructions to others (e.g. stay away from second homes in Whitstable) - while apparently doing the opposite.

So far, no one has produced a relevant quote from Cummings.
All we have is "behind the scenes he "must" have...." ....
.... when it's entirely possible that he cautioned against more draconian elements, but Boris acceded to the "worriers".

Will Rosie D make the mainstream broadcasters ?
And if not, why not ?

That is not analogous. He moved to a more convenient location. I cannot imagine that is how the vast majority of the rest of the population interpreted the instruction" stay at home". As I understood it, people should only move when life was at immediate risk. How did the Cummings family qualify?

It is analagous to the extent that I started with the words "in the end" in reply to you pointing out that "According to Cummings, at no point were he and his wife (collectively) unable to look after his child, so how did his situation qualify as an extreme circumstance?"

Or did you forget posting that?

1. In the end the gas explosion didn't happen.
2. In the end, their symptoms that had started did not weaken them enough so they could not take care of their child - in fact he was able to drive nearly 600 miles over several days.

If you and WK are both too slow to see the analogy or understand the concept of precaution, that is your problem.

As you don't seem to able to read either I would also refer you back to my post number 626 where the government's own medical advisor (same one as at the briefing today) said a day after lockdown "If you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance" - so your comment about life having to be at immediate risk is also bs.

Amusing, almost hilarious bs. But still bs.

Last edited:
I've noticed that Cummings is the only one to be caught and then try to bs his way out of it, taking the public for mugs.

He never tried to deny the Barnard Castle visit, despite there being only one witness, and that was at the time they were leaving.

Also, no one has any proof he lied about anything else, so the worst he could be accused of is hypocrisy which depends on your point of view and whether you would ever be protective of your kids.

I am the first to admit that at times I can be a hypocrite. Not as saintly as you.

He never tried to deny the Barnard Castle visit, despite there being only one witness, and that was at the time they were leaving.

Also, no one has any proof he lied about anything else, so the worst he could be accused of is hypocrisy which depends on your point of view and whether you would ever be protective of your kids.

I am the first to admit that at times I can be a hypocrite. Not as saintly as you.

I can be a hypocrite, just like Cummings.
He should go.
I can also bullshit

It is analagous to the extent that I started with the words "in the end" in reply to you pointing out that "According to Cummings, at no point were he and his wife (collectively) unable to look after his child, so how did his situation qualify as an extreme circumstance?"

Or did you forget posting that?

1. In the end the gas explosion didn't happen.
2. In the end, their symptoms that had started did not weaken them enough so they could not take care of their child - in fact he was able to drive nearly 600 miles over several days.

If you and WK are both too slow to see the analogy or understand the concept of precaution, that is your problem.

As you don't seem to able to read either I would also refer you back to my post number 626 where the government's own medical advisor (same one as at the briefing today) said a day after lockdown "If you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance" - so your comment about life having to be at immediate risk is also bs.

Amusing, almost hilarious bs. But still bs.
?? They weren't unable to look after the child. Cummings expressly said so. He moved in case they had problems.

Please stop digging. You are embarassing yourself.

?? They weren't unable to look after the child. Cummings expressly said so. He moved in case they had problems.

Please stop digging. You are embarassing yourself.

I really think you can not be as dim as you make out. You can't be ! - this must be a wind up, I get it now !

I say "precaution" - you say "in case they had problems". Can't see any similarities? OK. I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the laughs.

Last edited:
There is no need to argue about Cumming's it was last weeks news, it is deflecting from the hypocrisy of Duffield breaking lock down. A woman who was scathing about others, yet didn't stick to the rules herself.

Anyone in power or authority sticking their fingers up to the public needs to be suspended from their jobs for a period, no exceptions.
Why so much hatred on this subject still from both sides when there should be no sides?

Anyone in power or authority sticking their fingers up to the public needs to be suspended from their jobs for a period, no exceptions.
Why so much hatred on this subject still from both sides when there should be no sides?
No sides, because everyone should agree with you?

I don't think Rosie Duffield should be suspended, she's got important work to do. No one is asking for Kyle Walker to be suspended are they?