#COVID19 | Page 303 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Think that politics has changed and the cult of personality is back with a bang. Current instabily suits these blaggarts- probably why they do so much to create it in the first place.

I can see sunak as a possible leader but not as a winner for the tories.

The cult of personality has never been away

Our country is based on a presidential style of politicks

The politicks of personality

I could go into the microcosm of vital as being an example of this from the last few years

But what is the point

I think the gap has been narrowing at an alarming rate for the tories but the truth is no matter how catastrophic bojo is i would still make a healthy wager that people feel magic grandpa (touch of the jimmy saville imo) would have been worse.

Fwiw blair was telling them to reorganise govt around a coherent response to covid. You can say blair=tory a million times and that wont make it true.
I didn't call Blair a tory. I also backed him 100%.
But I expect a Labour govt to have our teachers backs. And not agreeing with the Tories.

And do you remember that sick sick tory election tactic asking if we would trust our children with Corbyn? Stinking tories trying to pick up votes by implying Corbyn was a paedophile. Filthy campaigning, lying and smearing is the reason Corbyn didn't become PM. That and Starmer/Brexit.

Yeah and over 10 million votes this time
And over 12 million the time before and only 250,000 away from changing the country for the better

But he was a terrorist sympathiser
Nazi
Marxist
Communist
Antisemite
Insert other propaganda that worked
divide and conquer! Let the left fall out with itself! All while those at the top carry on taking the piss.

More people had it than developed antibodies
I don't think it says that.

It says that more than three weeks ago only 7.3pc showed an antibody response.
It also says that by *now* they expected 20pc to have it.

Thoughts:
A. That's quite a long interval.
B. Antibody responses take a while to develop.
C. The maths wouldn't have had to be very wrong to account for that difference.
D. Everyone expects the maths to be a bit wrong anyway. We don't have enough data to parameterise the models.
E. These figures are about the same as Barcelona (with caveats of timing differences etc).

I'm not overly concerned although it does show, again, that going for a quick, relatively painless, herd immunity is not a good strategy.

And from what I remember (I might be wrong) he was talking about planning for a return. Which absolutely should be happening in every school, firm, shop, factory, institutuon, etc.
I apologise. I'm freaked out at the minute. And I agree that we should always be planning. But need to get the timings right by learning from other countries. Which the Tories have failed to do.

It also puts to bed the wilder theories on here and elsewhere that "most of us have already had it anyway". We haven't and it is still a killer.

I'm starting to hate reading this policy,
"...slow the spread of the virus enough for health services to cope."
A health service that is not overwhelmed is obviously a good thing and can save many lives. However, you would still expect an extra nearly 1pc of the population to die without further interventions. Not a great outcome. (If the health services are overwhelmed that would be at least double.)