Question for our resident experts. | Page 8 | Vital Football

Question for our resident experts.

Government spending for starters and spending big time. That has never been a Tory policy.
How many times does it have to be explained ?:(
"It depends" on what the spending is on.
Very, very crudely ......
Current spending = "bad"
Infrastructure spending (investment) = "good"
Insurance against unexpected problems = prudence (or necessary evil?)

Surely no-one can "want" to spend money on (say) a fire service ?
Surely we do so as "insurance ?

So in 2020, the "Insurer" is paying out.
But most people understand that the cost comes back on all of us.....
... the country still has massive debt (unlike real Insurance Companies), ... so the next few years will require some genuine 'austerity' while the debt is paid back.

"Not spending on a fire service" - bet you would be bloody grateful for them if your house was on fire. Tory party philosophy is that public spending is the root of all evil - public sector bad, private sector good. One day you might just be in need of the Police, an ambulance, a fire engine or even care and universal credit. I doubt you will need to worry about your state retirement pension as that will have long been abolished by the time you become a gimmer. One day you may look back and wish it had been different - especially if you have children/grandchildren who have to face decades of Tory austerity.

F me, he wants " genuine austerity", not the namby pamby austerity we had for 10 years up to Sunkak's first budget.

Scary.

Opinion , not fact.
Fact - the Tories have never adopted Keynesian theories other than on a limited basis out of necessity. Keynes advocated that the best way to pull an economy out of a recession is for the Government to borrow money and increase demand by infusing the economy with capital to spend. This means that Keynesian economics is in sharp contrast to laissez-faire in that it believes in Government intervention, which up until the last budget was not the Tories' way - fact not opinion.

Fact - the Tories have never adopted Keynesian theories other than on a limited basis out of necessity. Keynes advocated that the best way to pull an economy out of a recession is for the Government to borrow money and increase demand by infusing the economy with capital to spend. This means that Keynesian economics is in sharp contrast to laissez-faire in that it believes in Government intervention, which up until the last budget was not the Tories' way - fact not opinion.
Gosh!
Economic expert as well as everything else.
Space travel?
Know much?

Gosh!
Economic expert as well as everything else.
Space travel?
Know much?
Degree and MBA in economics but why not try and pick holes in what I wrote rather than snipe; I'll leave that to VG as it clearly went over his head. Moreover Shotshy, as a Labour supporter you would have known that.

I'm no economics expert but what did Wayne get wrong with regard to Keynesian economics being the opposite of laissez-faire, and it not being the usual Tory policy?
Nothing actually.
I’m just taking the piss because he claims to be the ultimate expert in any subject you care to mention.
He must be at least 115 years old to have done everything he claims or maybe just a retired, lonely old geezer with an awful lot of time to fill and a laptop.
Either way, it’s no skin off my nose.

Nothing actually.
I’m just taking the piss because he claims to be the ultimate expert in any subject you care to mention.
He must be at least 115 years old to have done everything he claims or maybe just a retired, lonely old geezer with an awful lot of time to fill and a laptop.
Either way, it’s no skin off my nose.

Fair enough. But I reckon it'd be more effective if you were to take the piss when Wayne is actually talking shite.

If you're right in your analysis of him then there must be plenty of better opportunities to take the piss. And so it seemed strange that you chose an occasion to do so when what he'd actually said was bang on the money....

£300 billion is likely cost according to The Telegraph. Higher taxation and public sector pay freezes again to recoup it all. More austerity yet again and a typical Tory way of treating the NHS staff.

Higher personal taxation, I can live with that. But would it not be better to instigate a proper system for collecting all the different sort of taxes the Country is owed.

More austerity, they can stick that right up their arses, that hits those hardest who are least able to afford it.

£300 billion is likely cost according to The Telegraph. Higher taxation and public sector pay freezes again to recoup it all. More austerity yet again and a typical Tory way of treating the NHS staff.

Weren't the brave soldiers who fought in the Great War promised that there would be, "homes fit fit heroes", when they returned? I believe I'm correct in saying that they they didn't get these homes (many had to become squatters, you know?) but instead received unemployment, economic depression and poverty.

This time the heroes are the health workers (a large proportion of whom are immigrants). Will the boss class reward them the same way they rewarded our servicemen a hundred years ago? Course they fucking will!

Best suggestions on how the money is recovered then my old mate.
I’d start with tax loopholes.
Employ the tax experts who advise on how to circumvent the current legislation.