Congratulations to Boris | Page 5 | Vital Football

Congratulations to Boris

So why did you quote my post, but not reply to it?

By the way, it's "whose teacher". (Sorry. Couldn't resist).

Tell me why you think I should apologise (other than for the quip above) and I'll consider it.

You still haven't said why you think Johnson has low moral standards.

You are obviously thicker than I had thought, Moonay. 😕

You are obviously thicker than I had thought, Moonay. 😕

I can live with that insult Notts.

I wouldn't mind understanding why ................... and also, why you think Johnson has low moral standards .................and why you think it was wrong for Starmer to congratulate Johnson on the birth of his child ........after just having been in ICU.

So, you are ok with this kind of racist comment i.e. Ian Wright draped in an England flag makes him OK....What kind of prejudiced crap is that?
I am all right with anyone showing passion for our country by wrapping themselves in it's flag - how is that prejudiced and just what is your problem with it.
If you don't subscribe to this you have a little time left yet to feck off somewhere else which appeals more to you

and his partner on the birth of their new son.

Some quite nasty, ill informed comments this morning about why he will be absent from the commons today. From heavy journalists too which only serves to highlight how low this country’s media has sunk. No waiting for facts, just straight to conspiracy and hysteria. They look like complete tits now. Just hope they stay off Twitter, I can only the imagine the fury and hatred on there today. I’ve taken a brief hiatus from this medium and indeed on here, though note the whinging about nothing still continued. Was quite a refreshing few days.
Unbelievable - how many people have unnecessarily died because of him?

That is unfortunately the state of our media and political discourse. No amount of arguing gets anyone anywhere when it comes to politics so best to avoid it and safe everyone the time and frustration. There is enough negativity as it is without talking about it more than we have to.

I am coming to that conclusion King. Despite being on the right side of the political debates of recent times - referendum, the ge following it, leadership campaign, wa agreement deal and the latest general election - it’s clear each loss for those on the opposite side of the debate has increased the bile, resentment and bitterness. There is no longer losers consent that underpins democracy in this country. We are now in the midst of a global pandemic and the politicking continues unabated by these perennial losers, who have no concept of realism but see it as an opportunity to whinge and moan about anything and nothing, facilitated by the media, social or otherwise. Whilst challenging it is effectively a necessary and satisfying public service it has become tiresome, so perhaps leaving them to whip themselves into a state of permanent hysteria is the best approach.

Unbelievable - how many people have unnecessarily died because of him?

None. Despite my last post I will address this given the nature of the accusation.

Have you been watching Panorama? I suspect you have. That was a politically motivated programme- the interviewees were all labour activists or supporters. Absolutely no sense of balance and I’d take what they said under advisement, given the information I receive suggests the situation is in no way as bad as these biased medics would have you believe. An utterly disgraceful piece of journalism undertaken to fool the gullible and create more hysteria.

If you truly think MiW that after a defeat in an election, the opposition should just let the government get on with whatever they want to do, then I reckon you don't understand politics as well as you make out you do.

As for the Panorama programme, if it was so out of order and incorrect, then maybe the government should point out where. Counting of PPE? Downgrading of COVID 19. Of course they won't ......... because the points raised were factual.

"the information I receive suggests the situation is in no way as bad as these biased medics would have you believe. "

Ah, you mean your A&E contact. What about the views of the RCN, the BMA and most recently the RCP? Even Raab had to meekishly back down when challenged (and corrected) by Starmer on the RCP report.

I read this morning that Johnson will head up tonight's briefing, and will outline how we might start to lift the lockdown. (Well done KS). As long as he doesn't go on about how well everything has been handled, and has been a great success, it will be a welcome light at the end of the tunnel.

None. Despite my last post I will address this given the nature of the accusation.

Have you been watching Panorama? I suspect you have. That was a politically motivated programme- the interviewees were all labour activists or supporters. Absolutely no sense of balance and I’d take what they said under advisement, given the information I receive suggests the situation is in no way as bad as these biased medics would have you believe. An utterly disgraceful piece of journalism undertaken to fool the gullible and create more hysteria.
Ah the voice of reason and balance has spoken.

There can be no deviation from these right and true words

If you truly think MiW that after a defeat in an election, the opposition should just let the government get on with whatever they want to do, then I reckon you don't understand politics as well as you make out you do.

As for the Panorama programme, if it was so out of order and incorrect, then maybe the government should point out where. Counting of PPE? Downgrading of COVID 19. Of course they won't ......... because the points raised were factual.

"the information I receive suggests the situation is in no way as bad as these biased medics would have you believe. "

Ah, you mean your A&E contact. What about the views of the RCN, the BMA and most recently the RCP? Even Raab had to meekishly back down when challenged (and corrected) by Starmer on the RCP report.

I read this morning that Johnson will head up tonight's briefing, and will outline how we might start to lift the lockdown. (Well done KS). As long as he doesn't go on about how well everything has been handled, and has been a great success, it will be a welcome light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes I also have A&E contacts in other parts of the country to the NW. They also say it is quiet.
Just like Pritti told us about shop lifting being down.
I think I have spotted a reason

Hindley, of course.....he's that European guy, you know the one who's geography teacher at school failed to point out that continents were rather larger than countries 😉
But Notts his Geography teacher was a Communist. But also Labour Mayor of Leigh.

Now what was MiW saying about teachers polluting the minds of the children they teach, it obviously failed for Hindley.

I'm not sure which aspect you're meaning by "low moral standards":

(At the risk of upsetting Jonnysking ;))

- Divorced - Hell man, doesn't a quarter of marriages end that way?
- Divorced 2nd time - see above
- Not married - as Bob Dylan said, "the times, they are a changing
- Left wife to deal with cancer - you'd have a point
- Umpteen kids - see Hampton's response re Beech Hill
- Undeclared kids - you may have a point ....... though not a "moral" one

I have no idea what his moral standards are ......... but for me, it's his political ones that should have kept him from getting into his current position.
However if he was a philandering chap from Beech Hill with 6+ kids from a variety of partners
+ the time when he left his second wife in her illness (actually he was kicked out because of his troublesome attitude to morals)
What would the party of morals be saying about him

I understand that Johnson has had some interesting things to say in the past about the value of paternity leave - he was not positive about it - guess that is OK if you are a millionaire chap from the South East

Now what are these stories about Johnson messing about with a violinist
Now what are these stories about him spending intimate time with a lady in a closed restaurant

He is a paragon

I wasn’t on about the actual party (labour) MPs, in fairness in the main they have behaved responsibly- one or two exceptions of course. As for the rest associated with them, it’s business as usual, ramped up, despite everything going on. You as well I’m sad to say, though acknowledge you aren’t affiliated with them.

You complained last week when they refuted the Times piece, now you criticise when they don’t do it with this one. 💁‍♂️. On this occasion the bias was reported on by numerous outlets so there was no real need. I have various sources and I ensure you the ppe problem isn’t as grave as these labour activists portrayed. Nor the politically motivated associations - pressure brought to secure pieces is different to there being actual shortages. Over exaggeration would be an apt description.

As for the roadmap out of lockdown, I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Unfortunately we aren’t at the stage where that’s sensible and it’ll be a speech where possibilities will be discussed but nothing specific, as they can’t do that yet. It’s being done to quieten the moaning, but is ultimately pointless. However you’ll be able to fill yer boots with the lack of information afterwards. 😉

But Notts his Geography teacher was a Communist. But also Labour Mayor of Leigh.

Now what was MiW saying about teachers polluting the minds of the children they teach, it obviously failed for Hindley.

I was a rather rebellious child Ian....

Also, I never knew Gubby was a commie....I have little interest in politics now, even less back then.

I wasn’t on about the actual party (labour) MPs, in fairness in the main they have behaved responsibly- one or two exceptions of course. As for the rest associated with them, it’s business as usual, ramped up, despite everything going on. You as well I’m sad to say, though acknowledge you aren’t affiliated with them.

As you didn't specifically mention the target of your comments ("right side of political debates", "those on the opposite side of the debate has increased the bile, resentment and bitterness", "perennial losers, who have no concept of realism but see it as an opportunity to whinge and moan about anything and nothing",), I has to make an assumption. It might have been the twitterati, or even posters on here, but I presumed you wouldn't have been so general and impersonal.

Still not sure who you mean by "them". If you just mean Notts, then say it. Can't think who else.

You complained last week when they refuted the Times piece, now you criticise when they don’t do it with this one. 💁‍♂️. On this occasion the bias was reported on by numerous outlets so there was no real need. I have various sources and I ensure you the ppe problem isn’t as grave as these labour activists portrayed. Nor the politically motivated associations - pressure brought to secure pieces is different to there being actual shortages. Over exaggeration would be an apt description.

The thing with The Times piece is that it wasn't really properly shot down. This however is far more damning, and seen by many more people. There'd surely be more logic to shoot this down ......... if it's not factual.

As for the bias of those interviewed, are Union Reps not allowed a view? Are Union members not allowed to speak out if they see problems? The points they made are all verifiable. If they weren't true, wouldn't the NHS, through Hancock say so?

As for your "sources", I'm sorry mate, but their personal views count for little given what has been officially reported by the RCP just this week. Maybe it's OK in your sources' location, but that's hardly a complete picture. Any road, what about the counting and classification of what's "PPE"? ............ more over-exaggeration?

As for the roadmap out of lockdown, I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Unfortunately we aren’t at the stage where that’s sensible and it’ll be a speech where possibilities will be discussed but nothing specific, as they can’t do that yet. It’s being done to quieten the moaning, but is ultimately pointless. However you’ll be able to fill yer boots with the lack of information afterwards. 😉

So instead, we get Tim Bloody Martin making up his own version of reality.

Of course it's the stage where it's sensible. We're weeks away. Not months. In the next few weeks, somethings will be lifted. People will need to prepare for it. As I said. No detail. Just a plan for a plan. Other countries have already done it. Maybe Johnson should be watching and learning from Nicola Sturgeon.

Any road. Let's see what Johnson says this evening. If only the bookies were open. I'd risk a tenner treble on him making at least one war-time reference, mentioning "following the science" (without saying which science) and finishing off with urging us all to "stand together".

Easy money.
;)

I think you owe me one (an apology, that is).

Notts, you never did tell me why you expected an apology last night ............. and you're not getting one now either (unless you tell me the reason I should) ........but after seeing this headline, and considering the implications, I'll grant you that it certainly doesn't put Johnson's relationships in a good light.

I'm still not going to question his morals, (more than what I've said already), but it shows we don't "measure" things equally yet, even though there is supposed to be equality between the sexes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columni...ris-Johnsons-baby-arrived-difficult-time.html

As you didn't specifically mention the target of your comments ("right side of political debates", "those on the opposite side of the debate has increased the bile, resentment and bitterness", "perennial losers, who have no concept of realism but see it as an opportunity to whinge and moan about anything and nothing",), I has to make an assumption. It might have been the twitterati, or even posters on here, but I presumed you wouldn't have been so general and impersonal.

Still not sure who you mean by "them". If you just mean Notts, then say it. Can't think who else.

The thing with The Times piece is that it wasn't really properly shot down. This however is far more damning, and seen by many more people. There'd surely be more logic to shoot this down ......... if it's not factual.

As for the bias of those interviewed, are Union Reps not allowed a view? Are Union members not allowed to speak out if they see problems? The points they made are all verifiable. If they weren't true, wouldn't the NHS, through Hancock say so?

As for your "sources", I'm sorry mate, but their personal views count for little given what has been officially reported by the RCP just this week. Maybe it's OK in your sources' location, but that's hardly a complete picture. Any road, what about the counting and classification of what's "PPE"? ............ more over-exaggeration?

So instead, we get Tim Bloody Martin making up his own version of reality.

Of course it's the stage where it's sensible. We're weeks away. Not months. In the next few weeks, somethings will be lifted. People will need to prepare for it. As I said. No detail. Just a plan for a plan. Other countries have already done it. Maybe Johnson should be watching and learning from Nicola Sturgeon.

Any road. Let's see what Johnson says this evening. If only the bookies were open. I'd risk a tenner treble on him making at least one war-time reference, mentioning "following the science" (without saying which science) and finishing off with urging us all to "stand together".

Easy money.
;)

The comments were applicable to any number of groups or individuals - not directed at any one person, so I wasn’t referring specifically to Notts. Take your pick though, plenty to go at.

I wouldn’t class the comments on panorama as completely ‘factual’. They are the opinions of 5 individuals with strong affiliations to Labour. Like union reps. It’s been the same narrative for about a month, though isn’t a true reflection of what they are painting. In essence, same shit, different day. Personally as I said, my information is reliable from a variety of sources and the picture painted by the bbc isn’t a true one.

As for the exit plan, it’s just pandering to the media for a story. The last thing that’s needed is for folk to think it’s ending in a fortnight so they’ll do what they want now. Sadly due to a fair number of idiots in this country they’ll have to keep everyone in the dark. He’ll throw something out around garden centres and construction workers but in reality there won’t be much detail (open goal for you) because of reasons mentioned.

The comments were applicable to any number of groups or individuals - not directed at any one person, so I wasn’t referring specifically to Notts. Take your pick though, plenty to go at. .

Sanctimonious. Supercilious. Blinkered. Not directed at anyone .............. plenty to go at though. :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t class the comments on panorama as completely ‘factual’. They are the opinions of 5 individuals with strong affiliations to Labour. Like union reps. It’s been the same narrative for about a month, though isn’t a true reflection of what they are painting. In essence, same shit, different day. Personally as I said, my information is reliable from a variety of sources and the picture painted by the bbc isn’t a true one..

Have you read the BBC's response to criticisms of the programme and it's alleged bias? I've posted it on here somewhere.

I'll ask for the 3rd time ................... although you may trust the word of your sources, (though if they're like you, and won't hear a word against the government's handling of this situation, maybe their testament isn't to be trusted any more than that of the Panorama contributors) what about the RCP report. They say quite clearly that there are shortages. No bias. No spin. Just shortages. Unless of course, they're all anti-Tory as well.

As for the exit plan, it’s just pandering to the media for a story. The last thing that’s needed is for folk to think it’s ending in a fortnight so they’ll do what they want now. Sadly due to a fair number of idiots in this country they’ll have to keep everyone in the dark. He’ll throw something out around garden centres and construction workers but in reality there won’t be much detail (open goal for you) because of reasons mentioned.

So........though you trust people to fully understand (and share a view of) what "Leave" means in a referendum, you don't trust those same people to be able to share in some information regarding what might happen in the next few weeks. My, what a poor view you have of your fellow voters.

As I said earlier, the lack of information will allow idiots like Martin to create his own rules, and this set (false?) expectations.

Why insist that the government always has to be right? Why not comment a little more objectively? You used to.