Congratulations to Boris | Page 7 | Vital Football

Congratulations to Boris

'Ere Hampton ......... have a shufty at this. It's one of the PM's Russian donors telling him he should be lifting the lockdown. I thought it was all the lefties and the meeja doing that. :rolleyes:

Frankly whoever takes up the cause of lifting the lockdown too soon from whatever persuation is rolling a very dangerous dice.
Fact is the lefties and Sir Kier at at the forefront of this pressure group.

As I said gobbledegook or in words you may understand better, utter shite.
There you go nice person, some more:
Brexit fixation British exceptionalism The Nudge Unit Dominic Cummings Government infantilisation of citizenry Dominic Cummings Fudge (not the good sort, government variety) De Pfeffel ‘Herd immunity’ fantasy Dominic Cummings Cheltenham Festival (and other sporting events) Government telling whoppers to citizenry Three weeks in March.

Mustn’t grumble though. Could be worse - imagine if a pathological liar with a dodgy haircut was running the country.

Frankly whoever takes up the cause of lifting the lockdown too soon from whatever persuation is rolling a very dangerous dice.
Fact is the lefties and Sir Kier at at the forefront of this pressure group.

But, as you've seen yourself, that's clearly just not true.

Starmer says he doesn't want to lift.
Johnson's donor says he does want to lift.
Somehow, you're going to blame any lifting on Starmer (and lefties)

:slap:...................:arrghh:

Maybe MiW is right after all. People are too stupid to be trusted.
:whist:

But, as you've seen yourself, that's clearly just not true.

Starmer says he doesn't want to lift.
Johnson's donor says he does want to lift.
Somehow, you're going to blame any lifting on Starmer (and lefties)

:slap:...................:arrghh:

Maybe MiW is right after all. People are too stupid to be trusted.
:whist:
I would agree with the head banging you have yr take i have mine - no one's shifting !

There you go nice person, some more:
Brexit fixation British exceptionalism The Nudge Unit Dominic Cummings Government infantilisation of citizenry Dominic Cummings Fudge (not the good sort, government variety) De Pfeffel ‘Herd immunity’ fantasy Dominic Cummings Cheltenham Festival (and other sporting events) Government telling whoppers to citizenry Three weeks in March.

Mustn’t grumble though. Could be worse - imagine if a pathological liar with a dodgy haircut was running the country.
For all the personal vitriol cast at individuals in power - elected or otherwise.....!
The one constant since the start of this has been the statement from the govt that "we are following the science" - and rightly so.
Once we are through this and have time to reflect and review if the govt has indeed followed the science and it turns out the science was wrong then Witty and his pals will take the fall - and rightly so.
If it turns out the science was ignored then the govt and those within it who took that decision will take the fall - and rightly so.
Until that point all the bleating, complaining and " when do we want it - now" crowd are simply distracting the delivery of the optimum path through this crisis.
Seems the traditional bulldog spirit has become a poodle with distemper.

I would agree with the head banging you have yr take i have mine - no one's shifting !

I'm always happy to agree to disagree, especially on matters of opinion. However, you've literally got a video of the bloke specifically saying that he doesn't want the thing you're accusing him of wanting.

How you can still have "your take", I'm not really sure.

It's like a judge saying that he's seen the evidence proving the accused to be innocent, thereby driving the jury to deliver a verdict of "not guilty", but he looks shifty, so he's going to prosecute him anyway.

Just illogical.

I'm always happy to agree to disagree, especially on matters of opinion. However, you've literally got a video of the bloke specifically saying that he doesn't want the thing you're accusing him of wanting.

How you can still have "your take", I'm not really sure.

It's like a judge saying that he's seen the evidence proving the accused to be innocent, thereby driving the jury to deliver a verdict of "not guilty", but he looks shifty, so he's going to prosecute him anyway.

Just illogical.
I can have my take as it's a free country allegedly.
Sorry that clearly winds you but i did suggest we parked it. Sir Keir committed to not scoring political points in the current crisis - he's done nothing but since the day after.
Time will tell if my belief that Sir Keir is a wrong un destined to keep labour in the wilderness will be vindicated - so for now as I suggested let's leave it as I don't wish to spoil your Saturday by hetting you up !

The scientific advice that will have been offered and minuted at cobra and sage meetings and therefore will be a matter of record - or will your conspiracy run deep on this as well ? 😉

I've "herd" that they can't release the minutes of those meetings, as there'd then be no "immunity" from sealing their own fate.

Seriously, the herd immunity issue will out eventually. As you say, whether it was Whitty and Vallance pushing it, or whether it was an option that had to be put on the table, (with the intention of removing it as too abhorrent) and then Cummings wanted to run with it, (despite any advice to the contrary) then I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

I still remember Johnson's Phil and Holly interview where he very nearly found himself saying that we could just accept our fate ................. "take it on the chin". In fact, just to make sure I didn't misquote him, I searched for the clip .............. it has some other quite interesting snippets too.

1 min 20 secs - The great British public can handle the truth (but not with an exit plan apparently :whist::innocent:)

2 mins 20 secs - mild to moderate !

3 mins 10 secs - shaking hands :slap:

6 mins 25 secs - Take it on the chin ........... so so close.

I can have my take as it's a free country allegedly.
Sorry that clearly winds you but i did suggest we parked it. Sir Keir committed to not scoring political points in the current crisis - he's done nothing but since the day after.
Time will tell if my belief that Sir Keir is a wrong un destined to keep labour in the wilderness will be vindicated - so for now as I suggested let's leave it as I don't wish to spoil your Saturday by hetting you up !

Of course you can have your take ............... even if it means ignoring the evidence you see and hear with your own eyes and ears.

The reason, as I'm sure you'll understand, why I don't want to park it is that if we do get a second wave of this, you'll be straight into blaming Starmer and the left, when that's quite clearly untrue.

If he's a wrong un isn't part of this particular debate. We're merely talking about easement of lockdown.

Starmer doesn't want it. Johnson's donors do (at least, one of them does). You however will blame Starmer.

As I said ...... illogical.

For all the personal vitriol cast at individuals in power - elected or otherwise.....!
The one constant since the start of this has been the statement from the govt that "we are following the science" - and rightly so.
Once we are through this and have time to reflect and review if the govt has indeed followed the science and it turns out the science was wrong then Witty and his pals will take the fall - and rightly so.
If it turns out the science was ignored then the govt and those within it who took that decision will take the fall - and rightly so.
Until that point all the bleating, complaining and " when do we want it - now" crowd are simply distracting the delivery of the optimum path through this crisis.
Seems the traditional bulldog spirit has become a poodle with distemper.
Fair enough