#COVID19 | Page 136 | Vital Football

#COVID19

I thought the PFA actually had a point.

How does the country benefit if outrageously rich clubs save a few quid by keeping it from outrageously rich footballers?

That money is going to Arab Sheikhs and American or far Eastern vulture capital funds.

Meanwhile, the actual treasury gets less money in tax from said outrageously rich footballers.

It's pretty appalling that these people aren't doing more.

But taking money from rich footballers to put it back in the pockets of much richer owners isn't football "doing it's bit"

That is not what Rooney has been saying though.

It's fucking sickening, int it?
It really is mate .
You've got all that greed in the game , i started work as a self employed painter in January after 20 odd years on the books , earning decent money for 10 weeks then along comes this virus.
Great time to go it alone !

Didn't have any work whatsoever as it was all put on hold indefinitely ,then found out i was exempt from the government 80% scheme for self employed as i started after last years tax return so was facing having to live on £94 a week Universal credit (if i got it.)

Fortunately i have found some alternative unskilled work for around 40% of what i was earning but i'm grateful just to be getting that at the moment so my savings don't evaporate in the next 2 or 3 months.
I just hope i can pick up where i left off when the dust settles.

However a lot of people have been lumbered in far worse scenarios than mine , then there is all the healthcare workers that are literally on the frontline working ridiculous hours in difficult conditions and people are seriously ill and dying so i won't feel too sorry for myself .

But when you see the greed at the high end of football it makes you wonder if you want to give them any more of your hard earned cash at all.
I seriously think attendances will plummet when football get's going again.
Football is cutting it's own throat.

The fact is that you once more made allegations without any evidence. It's not my job to prove you're a fantasist, you do that all by yourself.

Now do you have any evidence or shall we just move on to spare you further embarrassment?

It's YOU that said you have FACTS. You still havent given ONE.
This is FACT

Benefit fraud of less than £20,000 was previously automatically allocated to magistrates courts, which can hand out maximum sentences of only 12 months.

That financial threshold will be abolished, bringing the prosecution of benefit fraud in line with the prosecution of other fraud cases, the CPS said.

People that are now committing fraud of LESS THAN £20k are now being treated the same as people commiting fraud of millions of pounds. Where they use d to have a maximum penalty of 12 months in prison they now have 10 years. That is FACT. That is targetting the SMALLER crimes. THAT IS FACT

Owd Rooney crying about that some of his mates might get into financial trouble

He literally has millions upon millions

I'm sure he could feed, cloth and house a few hundred professional footballers

The stance Liverpool has taken is horrific

I think it’s exceptionally poor how few football figures have come out to take a pay cut.

on a separate note gents, if you’re bored and missing football, there’s a very entertaining series on Netflix called “Sunderland till I die” that looks at the behind the scenes of Sunderland in the year they were in the championship. Series 2 out now following last year in league 1. Totally worth a watch and emphasises what a tosser Jack Roswell is as just one example.

It really is mate .
You've got all that greed in the game , i started work as a self employed painter in January after 20 odd years on the books , earning decent money for 10 weeks then along comes this virus.
Great time to go it alone !

Didn't have any work whatsoever as it was all put on hold indefinitely ,then found out i was exempt from the government 80% scheme for self employed as i started after last years tax return so was facing having to live on £94 a week Universal credit (if i got it.)

Fortunately i have found some alternative unskilled work for around 40% of what i was earning but i'm grateful just to be getting that at the moment so my savings don't evaporate in the next 2 or 3 months.
I just hope i can pick up where i left off when the dust settles.

However a lot of people have been lumbered in far worse scenarios than mine , then there is all the healthcare workers that are literally on the frontline working ridiculous hours in difficult conditions and people are seriously ill and dying so i won't feel too sorry for myself .

But when you see the greed at the high end of football it makes you wonder if you want to give them any more of your hard earned cash at all.
I seriously think attendances will plummet when football get's going again.
Football is cutting it's own throat.

The legends of the game used to make a living after football with sponsorship, advertising, pundantry, etc. The 'greats' got a pub. The nobodies got a job as a postman (I mean this as no disrespect to any landlord or postmen). Today, the fucking shit players play for a few years and retire to their fucking mansions and Ferraris

That is not what Rooney has been saying though.
I haven't bothered reading anything Wayne Rooney has to say, was just making a general point.

Footballers taking a pay cut does nothing to help this crisis nor does it mean they are chipping in.

They would need to give their money away to something worthwhile for that.

If the PL asked all footballers to donate 30% of their wages to the NHS or a ventilator fund or whatever, then you're talking.

But instead, they are asking the players to put 30% of their wages back into the pockets of their rich foreign owners. What's the point?

It's YOU that said you have FACTS. You still havent given ONE.
This is FACT

Benefit fraud of less than £20,000 was previously automatically allocated to magistrates courts, which can hand out maximum sentences of only 12 months.

That financial threshold will be abolished, bringing the prosecution of benefit fraud in line with the prosecution of other fraud cases, the CPS said.

People that are now committing fraud of LESS THAN £20k are now being treated the same as people commiting fraud of millions of pounds. Where they use d to have a maximum penalty of 12 months in prison they now have 10 years. That is FACT. That is targetting the SMALLER crimes. THAT IS FACT

Numbers idiot. Show numbers that more poor people were prosecuted. Just another point a magistrate's court is still a prosecution.

So show numbers or just continue to be a fuckwit conspiracy theorist nut nut.

I haven't bothered reading anything Wayne Rooney has to say, was just making a general point.

Footballers taking a pay cut does nothing to help this crisis nor does it mean they are chipping in.

They would need to give their money away to something worthwhile for that.

If the PL asked all footballers to donate 30% of their wages to the NHS or a ventilator fund or whatever, then you're talking.

But instead, they are asking the players to put 30% of their wages back into the pockets of their rich foreign owners. What's the point?

Are you really that dumb? The football clubs are losing revenue. It's not putting money back into the rich owners. It's helping the clubs (no matter how rich they are) stay afloat

Numbers idiot. Show numbers that more poor people were prosecuted. Just another point a magistrate's court is still a prosecution.

So show numbers or just continue to be a fuckwit conspiracy theorist nut nut.

It's YOU that claimed to have the facts. SHOW ME ONE.

I've given a FACT. The FACT that smal fraudsters are now prosecuted in the same way as BIG fraudsters. What other FACT do you need. Now PLEASE give me ONE of your FACTS

Are you really that dumb? The football clubs are losing revenue. It's not putting money back into the rich owners. It's helping the clubs (no matter how rich they are) stay afloat
Am I allowed to insult you en mass now, since you have "started it"?

I think it’s exceptionally poor how few football figures have come out to take a pay cut.

on a separate note gents, if you’re bored and missing football, there’s a very entertaining series on Netflix called “Sunderland till I die” that looks at the behind the scenes of Sunderland in the year they were in the championship. Series 2 out now following last year in league 1. Totally worth a watch and emphasises what a tosser Jack Roswell is as just one example.

Is that one where Lewis Grab is in the team?

Still thinking the same mate or have we just seen McTernan's rules put into action?
You were referring to the shadow cabinet changes? Apart from Rachel Reeves ( which I expect is a bone thrown to the McTernan wing ) the rest seem to be fairly "acceptable" ) there is obviously going to be change and it could have been much worse.

Last edited:
You were referring to the cabinet changes? Apart from Rachel Reeves ( which I expect is a bone thrown to the McTernan wing ) the rest seem to be fairly "acceptable" ) there is obviously going to be change and it could have been much worse.

Come on mate, apart from the token gesture of Anneliese Dodds (who will be gone in the first reshuffle) this is New Labour 2.0

If Boris has truly been admitted and is suffering then that is shit for two reasons

One wouldn't wish it on anyone

Two....Raab will take over

That is like Mike Pence taking over from Trump

I'm slightly worried

This fuck wit thought Lima was in the Philippines

and when Brexit Secretary he "hadn't quite understood" how reliant UK trade in goods is on the Dover-Calais crossing.

And they laugh at Diane Abbott

Last edited:
Come on mate, apart from the token gesture of Anneliese Dodds (who will be gone in the first reshuffle) this is New Labour 2.0
I don't see anyone who was outright antagonistic to Corbyn apart from Reeves? It looks like a centre of the party set of selections to me. He appears to be looking for acceptable over factional as far as I can see, we will see.

Here is a genuine question. I feel I can ask this as I am both in the risk group due to age and with an under lying health condition. Why are we risking putting our economy in ICU for generations and not just letting those at risk die. 10,000 people die every week in the U.K. most in the above 70+age range. Most with underlying health conditions. Of the 3,500 that have died of reported covid19 this week, how many would have died anyway? We hear died of Covid but this is only saying they had covid19. Not covid19 actually killed them. Some died of an underlying condition but just happened to have the virus. Others the virus was a significant factor in the death. The lad in Coventry that was 18, statistically counts as a covid19 death but he happened to have the virus but it was his underlying condition that brought about his death. He probably would have died anyway. We as a country need to know these figures to be able to make a decision as to when and how lockdown ceases and a return to normality, to some extent returns. The longer in lockdown the poorer as a nation we become, the more difficult it is to pay for health and social care in the future the more people die tomorrow. We need more data as I feel the deaths of a few elderly, who are probably going to die this year anyway, will out weigh the deaths of many over the next decade. I know this is heartless to some and there are many outliers that are fit and young that the virus will carry away but statistically this question needs to be asked. How many probably would have died anyway? Where is the line? Where are the figures to know when we reach that line?