#COVID19 | Page 134 | Vital Football

#COVID19

I have to say there is something very seriously wrong here in terms of our governments ability to protect our NHS staff with masks and do more testing.

I manage health checks within my work and I’ve been inundated with emails and phone calls with suppliers who’re able to provide me both no problem. I’ve had two separate suppliers who have tests kits for £5 with MHRA approval. They can produce 50k a day and if demand increases, the capacity to potentially double it. These kits were being tested by the German, Azerbaijan and Mexican governments. The kit would allow testing of you guessed it, 100k a day.

ive has 6 separate suppliers get in touch around the appeopriate face masks with huge availability. I was told there could be 10m available coming from Germany that were being used across the globe.

there are ones you know to disregard because they lack credibility but there have been plenty with pharmaceutical pedigree that launched the worlds first HIV test kit for example.

Why is this available to me and our business and yet we are so slack at government level. Questions need answering and fast. This is not good enough.
Is this a problem at government level or NHS level? I have a growing feeling that the " approved supplier" syndrome that I encountered when working for them may be a factor. I don't know so if I am wrong I withdraw my comment. You will probably know better than me.

My point is that this feels deeper than a lack of competence. These products are available now and I’m still none the wiser as to why they aren’t being sourced.

Is this a problem at government level or NHS level? I have a growing feeling that the " approved supplier" syndrome that I encountered when working for them may be a factor. I don't know so if I am wrong I withdraw my comment. You will probably know better than me.

being honest, I have no clue. But private health care businesses seem to me to have no problem sourcing. I think there’s a real lack of clarity on our role within this. Do we sell these products at a reasonable price, perhaps £10 (£5 was quoted cost price for one unit) and have trained pharmacists test patients? This would massively alleviate the pressure on the NHS from a testing perspective and even allow them an avenue for testing.

I have to say there is something very seriously wrong here in terms of our governments ability to protect our NHS staff with masks and do more testing.

I manage health checks within my work and I’ve been inundated with emails and phone calls with suppliers who’re able to provide me both no problem. I’ve had two separate suppliers who have tests kits for £5 with MHRA approval. They can produce 50k a day and if demand increases, the capacity to potentially double it. These kits were being tested by the German, Azerbaijan and Mexican governments. The kit would allow testing of you guessed it, 100k a day.

ive has 6 separate suppliers get in touch around the appeopriate face masks with huge availability. I was told there could be 10m available coming from Germany that were being used across the globe.

there are ones you know to disregard because they lack credibility but there have been plenty with pharmaceutical pedigree that launched the worlds first HIV test kit for example.

Why is this available to me and our business and yet we are so slack at government level. Questions need answering and fast. This is not good enough.
Yet you continue to vote for them.

I am pretty confident that whoever would be in charge in these difficult times would be getting slaughtered and have made some mistakes along the way. We are all in this together and who knows the solution?...other European countries are also struggling to cope with this too.Not saying the Tories have done well but personally the main thing is for us individually to do the right thing and only go out if essential.

well this is the first coronavirus outbreak in which I’ve seen this. I also don’t believe this to be conservative specific. The whole thing seems completely odd.

Well that depends on what you mean by Conservative specific.

This is a serious issue the management of which demanded top class analysis and a good level of project management.

I do not think that anyone in Government can complain about the quality of information they have been supplied with by the experts on hand; the problem stems from the manner in which they reacted to information.

That nice Mr Sunak has already stated that money is no object, so whoever is running the show only has to concentrate on the quality and time aspects.

Yeah, only, in this instance appears to be too big an ask

Do we actually know who is running things?

One minute its Boris the next its Mad Matt making wild promises only to change his mind the following day.

Procrastinating for at least two fucking weeks has hardly been a great use of time and the quality of service, hampered by one procurement fuck up after another, has been shambolic.

If it had not been for the professionalism of the under paid, down trodden members of the NHS there would be bodies everywhere.

This has been an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions, produced and directed by an outfit who are simply not fit for purpose, and anyone who thinks otherwise is in serious denial.

And where does it say that exactly? That's right it DOESN'T so stop arguing for the sake of it.

Benefit fraud of less than £20,000 was previously automatically allocated to magistrates courts, which can hand out maximum sentences of only 12 months.

That financial threshold will be abolished, bringing the prosecution of benefit fraud in line with the prosecution of other fraud cases, the CPS said.

Does this back up what you said? NO

You obviously have your narrative, and facts won't change your mind.

Well that depends on what you mean by Conservative specific.

This is a serious issue the management of which demanded top class analysis and a good level of project management.

I do not think that anyone in Government can complain about the quality of information they have been supplied with by the experts on hand; the problem stems from the manner in which they reacted to information.

That nice Mr Sunak has already stated that money is no object, so whoever is running the show only has to concentrate on the quality and time aspects.

Yeah, only, in this instance appears to be too big an ask

Do we actually know who is running things?

One minute its Boris the next its Mad Matt making wild promises only to change his mind the following day.

Procrastinating for at least two fucking weeks has hardly been a great use of time and the quality of service, hampered by one procurement fuck up after another, has been shambolic.

If it had not been for the professionalism of the under paid, down trodden members of the NHS there would be bodies everywhere.

This has been an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions, produced and directed by an outfit who are simply not fit for purpose, and anyone who thinks otherwise is in serious denial.

Absolutely spot on & their alternative facts & post truth attitude has been shameful.

I think you are wrong with your analysis. I dont think this is a vote for the right, it moves the emphasis from the left of the party to the centre of the party. We backed Blair and this new labour leadership is nowhere near as far to the right of the party as Blair was. We still need substantial left voices to keep the party from drifting or being pulled to the right. There will be enough to do after all this and it will be the best opportunity for decades to unite the electorate behind a set of policies to actually create real change and progress in society and benefit the working class.

Still thinking the same mate or have we just seen McTernan's rules put into action?

Show me just ONE fact

If Starmer's remit, when he was at the DPP, was to go after Benefit Cheats, that was what he was tasked with.

He would hardly be in a position to say "well, actually, I would rather prosecute tax cheats", that would not be his decision; he would be mandated to carry out targeted work streams, not to encroach on work usually carried out by HMRC or the Serious Fraud Office.

With regard to the people he was targeting; although there appears to be no prima facie evidence pointing to who was being targeted, it is quite clear from the punishments he was talking about who exactly was in his cross hairs, and that was individuals at the more serious end of the spectrum.

That is a stark difference from the people targeted by Duncan Smith and his Universal Credit monster, who have singled out the most vulnerable.

Whoever is in charge has a duty to punish benefit cheats; the Benefits budget is a finite one; the more people who steel from it. the less there is for the most needy

Absolutely spot on & their alternative facts & post truth attitude has been shameful.

It's not like people have not been warned about how they have run down the NHS or did fuck all when Cygnus said that we would fail a pandemic

I cannot remember who it was but one of the posters warned that if we had a pandemic after Brexit we would be up shit creek and we haven't left yet, think it was plums

Imagine having to deal with this after another year of Tory cutbacks on the NHS and being in limbo trying to fully join the WTO and not even close to any reasonable trade deals

There is going to be carnage in the following weeks...thank fuck this did not happen next year

People voted for these fuckwits and you know what they will do it again

Last edited:
If Starmer's remit, when he was at the DPP, was to go after Benefit Cheats, that was what he was tasked with.

He would hardly be in a position to say "well, actually, I would rather prosecute tax cheats", that would not be his decision; he would be mandated to carry out targeted work streams, not to encroach on work usually carried out by HMRC or the Serious Fraud Office.

With regard to the people he was targeting; although there appears to be no prima facie evidence pointing to who was being targeted, it is quite clear from the punishments he was talking about who exactly was in his cross hairs, and that was individuals at the more serious end of the spectrum.

That is a stark difference from the people targeted by Duncan Smith and his Universal Credit monster, who have singled out the most vulnerable.

Whoever is in charge has a duty to punish benefit cheats; the Benefits budget is a finite one; the more people who steel from it. the less there is for the most needy

Where is the evidence to say he was pointing at the more serious end of the spectrum? If that is really the case then please explain how this actually backs up what you say and is not the total opposite

Benefit fraud of less than £20,000 was previously automatically allocated to magistrates courts, which can hand out maximum sentences of only 12 months.

That financial threshold will be abolished, bringing the prosecution of benefit fraud in line with the prosecution of other fraud cases, the CPS said.

The man is just the latest in the long line of establishment stooges. He's a fucking snake that absolutely ensured Labour were defeated in the last election. He doesn't speak to the working class at all. The 'red wall' that was smashed through at the last election has absolutely no chance of being rebuilt by someone like this. Corbyn is a twat for not getting rid of him (instead he promoted him, like he did most of his enemies, while not supporting his allies like Livingston and Williamson).