City Ground | Page 18 | Vital Football

City Ground

5 days to go before the extension of time that RBC had to ask the club to agree to runs out. No date for a planning meeting before then is on the web portal and no further letter asking for another extension either as yet.

5 days to go before the extension of time that RBC had to ask the club to agree to runs out. No date for a planning meeting before then is on the web portal and no further letter asking for another extension either as yet.

As with everything else corona fever means its all still up in the air, precisely where it was before all this virus nonsense started.

Still, fred made 18 pages, we had real plans this time and almost got to a planning decision.

Maybe we can go one or two steps further next time, sigh.

As with everything else corona fever means its all still up in the air, precisely where it was before all this virus nonsense started.
No I don't think so. It is on their website that due to the current situation some committees will not sit, it specifically states that the planning committee will not be one of them. The next scheduled meeting is 9th of April. They still have to ask for an agreement to another extension, that is the legislation.

No I don't think so. It is on their website that due to the current situation some committees will not sit, it specifically states that the planning committee will not be one of them. The next scheduled meeting is 9th of April. They still have to ask for an agreement to another extension, that is the legislation.

Did you write protect & survive?

Ever thought about a short & rather Icy career in deckchair rearranging?

Very amusing. All correct though.

Glad you took that as the attempt at humour it was, not as a personal insult.

I think any deadlines & waiting periods are void at present. I am personally calm but nervous about it anyway as we don’t know when building can start as we don’t know when the season will start or finish.

In some ways it’s a blessing the bat eater ate when they did as imagine if this was a season or two down the line & the main stand had been knocked down, construction on the new stand started & then stopped with no idea when it would be finished or used by supporters

Glad you took that as the attempt at humour it was, not as a personal insult.

I think any deadlines & waiting periods are void at present. I am personally calm but nervous about it anyway as we don’t know when building can start as we don’t know when the season will start or finish.

In some ways it’s a blessing the bat eater ate when they did as imagine if this was a season or two down the line & the main stand had been knocked down, construction on the new stand started & then stopped with no idea when it would be finished or used by supporters
It doesnt work like that, RBC have a planning application on their desk which they must respond to within certain time periods unless the applicant agrees to a delay. If the application is withdrawn that is another matter. The application has not been withdrawn so they have to either give a decision or ask for another extension. Covid 19 has no bearing on the matter unless they give that as a reason for requesting the extension. They have 5 days left to do that.

It doesnt work like that, RBC have a planning application on their desk which they must respond to within certain time periods unless the applicant agrees to a delay. If the application is withdrawn that is another matter. The application has not been withdrawn so they have to either give a decision or ask for another extension. Covid 19 has no bearing on the matter unless they give that as a reason for requesting the extension. They have 5 days left to do that.

Are you being serious?

Look, I am well aware that this is not at the top of priorities for anyone ( including me) at this time in the history of the world so lets be straight on that. All I am doing is posting on a subject I am interested in. No point scoring going on. Life does go on though and what I have posted is fact. Take it or leave it.
Are you being serious?

Is it the RBC Planning Dept officers or the councillors that are drawing this out. Who makes the decision. Do the officers decide and put a strong recommendation to the politicians who mainly rubber stamp or is something else going on? How much is this councillors not wishing topics off potential voters and how much is a failure to do work.

Is it the RBC Planning Dept officers or the councillors that are drawing this out. Who makes the decision. Do the officers decide and put a strong recommendation to the politicians who mainly rubber stamp or is something else going on? How much is this councillors not wishing topics off potential voters and how much is a failure to do work.
Its not as complicated as that. Planning is an open process, all the details are out there. There are statutory time scales and the ways they can be extended are again statutory. It all ends in a decision one way or the other with the local authority planning committee. If the applicant feels that delays to the statutory periods are unreasonable they can say so and go to appeal ( a long messy and expensive process).

Its not as complicated as that. Planning is an open process, all the details are out there. There are statutory time scales and the ways they can be extended are again statutory. It all ends in a decision one way or the other with the local authority planning committee. If the applicant feels that delays to the statutory periods are unreasonable they can say so and go to appeal ( a long messy and expensive process).

What we are going through at the moment is utterly unprecedented. I cannot see how you don’t think that is going to be taken into account. Is the planning office even open? Big Mz was in isolation with a confirmed case, how many others on both sides are in isolation?

What we are going through at the moment is utterly unprecedented. I cannot see how you don’t think that is going to be taken into account. Is the planning office even open? Big Mz was in isolation with a confirmed case, how many others on both sides are in isolation?
Couldn't agree more, but local government hasn't shut down and until formal notices start to appear what I have posted has to happen.

You do realise that you're the only person amongst a rabid group of Forest fans who thinks this?
This thread has had 25000 views and whats the average attendance at the City Ground this season? Bit of a sweeping statement if you dont mind me saying so.