City Ground | Page 20 | Vital Football

City Ground

I mean he's likely to be losing money right now, not just at his football clubs but across his shipping empire. Maybe he wants to see when the crisis ends before pushing forward.
I cant see that being the case. You cant pause a planning application once its been submitted, an answer one way or the other is required from RBC who are for some reason dragging their feet. If the application is approved and EM doesnt want to go any further then thats quite another thing.

I cant see that being the case. You cant pause a planning application once its been submitted, an answer one way or the other is required from RBC who are for some reason dragging their feet. If the application is approved and EM doesnt want to go any further then thats quite another thing.

I think you can withdraw a planning application at virtually any point.

Of course you can but why would he want to do that?

You just said you couldn't...

I've just said why, perhaps we've agreed to pause until both sides can examine the extent of damage the current crisis has caused.

He'll be losing millions I'd guess right now so maybe a large new capital expenditure project isn't a priority.

Just guessing. The club has been silent on the issue, if they were upset you'd think we'd know.

You just said you couldn't...

I've just said why, perhaps we've agreed to pause until both sides can examine the extent of damage the current crisis has caused.

He'll be losing millions I'd guess right now so maybe a large new capital expenditure project isn't a priority.

Just guessing. The club has been silent on the issue, if they were upset you'd think we'd know.
Oh for fucks sake, you said pause the planning application I said you cant. Withdrawing a planning application is a completely different thing. Cant be bothered with you anymore if an argument is all your after. Crawl back down your fucking hole.

Oh for fucks sake, you said pause the planning application I said you cant. Withdrawing a planning application is a completely different thing. Cant be bothered with you anymore if an argument is all your after. Crawl back down your fucking hole.

Lol I have just put forward a scenario,.no need for the DeFuq style meltdown.

Lol I have just put forward a scenario,.no need for the DeFuq style meltdown.

I do not think there would be any benefit in pausing the application, if that is actually possible.

Once passed the planning permission usually lasts for a period of time; three years I think - provided the work commences within that period he would not have to re apply.

If EM wanted to pause the process until his businesses were back on track he would still progress with the planning application.

Oops quite possible that no fans at games until 2021. Could be longer if hit by wave two in the winter. Perfect time to rebuild a ground and level rebuild a stand. If landing permission can be agreed then rebuilding can happpen over summer and Autumn. Of course the other scenario is. Hands are kept firmly in pockets till after the dust settles.

Oops quite possible that no fans at games until 2021. Could be longer if hit by wave two in the winter. Perfect time to rebuild a ground and level rebuild a stand. If landing permission can be agreed then rebuilding can happpen over summer and Autumn. Of course the other scenario is. Hands are kept firmly in pockets till after the dust settles.

Aye, if he's serious then now is the time.

Aye, if he's serious then now is the time.

Agreed. This project/investment is something I’d assume has been set aside and I’d be surprised if coronavirus (assuming its only 3 moths or so), will financially dismantle this going ahead.

If they got this done, it’d be staggering to be honest. I completely get the reservations around restricted revenue opportunity vs a new ground, and they’re very valid concerns..... but speaking purely as a fan on how it’d feel approaching West Bridgford, it would be fantastic!

I do not think there would be any benefit in pausing the application, if that is actually possible.

Once passed the planning permission usually lasts for a period of time; three years I think - provided the work commences within that period he would not have to re apply.

If EM wanted to pause the process until his businesses were back on track he would still progress with the planning application.

Oh ffs I just said you can't pause it. If YOU want an argument as well, I suggest you tell HER the bathroom could do with a clean.

As I put on here 3 weeks ago, the NHS are now more concerned about November and the planning is now for that.

Fed up with this shit chaps

Planning permission is required first. The last entry of any description on the planning portal was made on the 15th March, since then nothing. Have the planning department been placed on furlough or better still made redundant? Its almost like they are hoping that the whole thing just goes away quietly and then no nasty decisions have got to be made and nobody gets upset.

Would have thought most planning depts could work from home. Councillors also. Surely they have all got video conf facilities and remote facilities. I get upset. No decision is a decision.

Agreed. This project/investment is something I’d assume has been set aside and I’d be surprised if coronavirus (assuming its only 3 moths or so), will financially dismantle this going ahead.

If they got this done, it’d be staggering to be honest. I completely get the reservations around restricted revenue opportunity vs a new ground, and they’re very valid concerns..... but speaking purely as a fan on how it’d feel approaching West Bridgford, it would be fantastic!

The application is being held up due to the planning changes of the apartment block; the apartment block will go a long way towards paying for the development.

I would think there will be a reluctance to proceed until the issue with the single biggest source of funding is resolved

The application is being held up due to the planning changes of the apartment block; the apartment block will go a long way towards paying for the development.

I would think there will be a reluctance to proceed until the issue with the single biggest source of funding is resolved
Yes, a complete redesign ( at their insistence) was submitted for their approval or otherwise weeks ago.