O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis. | Page 30 | Vital Football

O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis.

HI Nick,
Pleased to hear about your dad and hope it was to do with food.

Can I ask what area he lives in? Based on the media, their epicentre seems to be Madrid, but now spreading to Catalonia.

My wife returned from Costa del Sol a day before the flights got cancelled (good and bad!!). I was scheduled for my 1st visit of the year to our small apartment in April, but that ain't happening.

May as well head to the gardening thread!
:0(

I think like any massive project, and it needs to be looked at as a project, there are always going to be problems with any strategy, especially those constructed on the hoof, as the solutions are rolled out. Short of saying everyone gets a fixed sum every week that the lockdown lasts, and then arguing about how much that sum should be, should there be exemptions etc etc, it’s just highlighting the complexity of the detail....whoever is in charge needs to be cut some slack as long as they do their best to respond to issues as they arrive.

Sorry mate when people are losing their jobs, homes ect that doesn't cut it. That only washes if you are in a comfortable situation.

There is no commonsense being used by the government for the average Joe. Most people do not have the time to wait, they don't earn enough to have savings to bail them out.

Every working class person who is not working should be given a grant each month. I don't have a problem with the 80% of the salary part by the way, that's fair.

Funny how the benefit scum bags all get an instant extra £1000 a year. They are probably the only people in the country benefiting from this. Its a frigging disgrace.

HI Nick,
Pleased to hear about your dad and hope it was to do with food.

Can I ask what area he lives in? Based on the media, their epicentre seems to be Madrid, but now spreading to Catalonia.

My wife returned from Costa del Sol a day before the flights got cancelled (good and bad!!). I was scheduled for my 1st visit of the year to our small apartment in April, but that ain't happening.

May as well head to the gardening thread!
:0(

Costa del Sol, near Torre.

Sorry mate when people are losing their jobs, homes ect that doesn't cut it. That only washes if you are in a comfortable situation.

There is no commonsense being used by the government for the average Joe. Most people do not have the time to wait, they don't earn enough to have savings to bail them out.

Every working class person who is not working should be given a grant each month. I don't have a problem with the 80% of the salary part by the way, that's fair.

Funny how the benefit scum bags all get an instant extra £1000 a year. They are probably the only people in the country benefiting from this. Its a frigging disgrace.

It sounds like the government is contemplating paying a portion of self employed / contractors earning but based on what they've earned in previous years. It sounds like they are working with HRMC to make that calculation. My guess is that this will be capped at something like the £2500 for PAYE workers. We'll find out this afternoon.

Does make you wonder how some self employed workers who have been doing cash in hand and avoiding tax will fare in this calculation.

It sounds like the government is contemplating paying a portion of self employed / contractors earning but based on what they've earned in previous years. It sounds like they are working with HRMC to make that calculation. My guess is that this will be capped at something like the £2500 for PAYE workers. We'll find out this afternoon.

Does make you wonder how some self employed workers who have been doing cash in hand and avoiding tax will fare in this calculation.

If you operate outside of the system you shouldn't benefit from it.

I pay myself a low salary through my own company then put profits back in to the company and occasionally take dividends. Lots in my industry do the same, and I know the same is true in a lot of other industries.

Many have it far far worse but not ideal if my company ceases to make much revenue for time being and I'm on 80% of the pittance I pay myself.... Didn't foresee anything like this or I'd have taken one of the many much better salaried jobs I've been offered where a wage cut would still be plenty to live off. As a business we're not wholly reliant on the live industry and I'm trying to pivot my business model to focus on releasing more music with low overheads and hope that streaming consumption can sustain us while live show money disappears.

Interestingly Spotify usage has dropped by around 10%. Guess lots of people listen while doing gym workouts and commuting, and they're now at home with YouTube / Netflix / Twitter to distract them instead of playlists. So the optimistic response that lockdowns would mean people listening to more music at home seems to be misguided.

I pay myself a low salary through my own company then put profits back in to the company and occasionally take dividends. Lots in my industry do the same, and I know the same is true in a lot of other industries.

Many have it far far worse but not ideal if my company ceases to make much revenue for time being and I'm on 80% of the pittance I pay myself.... Didn't foresee anything like this or I'd have taken one of the many much better salaried jobs I've been offered where a wage cut would still be plenty to live off. As a business we're not wholly reliant on the live industry and I'm trying to pivot my business model to focus on releasing more music with low overheads and hope that streaming consumption can sustain us while live show money disappears.

Interestingly Spotify usage has dropped by around 10%. Guess lots of people listen while doing gym workouts and commuting, and they're now at home with YouTube / Netflix / Twitter to distract them instead of playlists. So the optimistic response that lockdowns would mean people listening to more music at home seems to be misguided.

That this interesting. I am actually up in Spotify usage. WFH I just leave it on after I am finished working out and it's always on when I am reading.

Good luck with the business.

I think PL clubs are in for a major shock when this is over.

Massive unemployment and a totally ruined economy will leave ridiculously expensive tickets unsold and the reaction from the public to the previous obscene greed as the norm from players to agents will be regarded with disgust.

We've all been kind of waiting for the PL bubble to burst and this is going to be an explosion.

Agree Chiv... Times like this really make clear how disgusting the current salaries, ticket prices, and even TV subscriptions around elite football are. Average PL salary is over 50k pw while nurses and teachers can't support a family on their salaries, yet in a time of crisis who is more needed? The supply and demand model obviously means footballers will always out-earn nurses, but perhaps we'll see a societal shift towards being happy for more of our hard earned going to the people we need the most.

Let's hope this crisis winds things back a decade or 2.

1585244184881.png