O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis. | Page 29 | Vital Football

O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis.

It's the mental strength and attitude that get's us through things Hod. Plus the fact you have 8 other people that are counting on you. Get through this and your wife's business will bounce back. Those people that obviously thought it was great will still be around in a few months and the great thing about it is it's fairly easy to ramp it up again.

There are literally millions of people that will need financial help to get through this both individually and business-wise, not to mention large companies. It is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. And FFS you've been a solid contributing member of society for years, you deserve the help when you need it.

Do whatever you can to be prepared for things to return to normal. Talk to the people involved start them thinking about it as well. We all absolutely need to be looking to the future.

Look after your health and exercise whenever you can to the extent that your health allows and eat properly.

And definitely minimize watching the death mongers in the media.

80' thanks you so much for your encouraging words my good friend. I just got into my office this morning and your post was the first thing I read.

It was uplifting and definitely on the money. It is a mental challenge for all of us right now. I must confess, the amount of different meds I take are comprising my mental state to a degree. I sincerely apologise to any of my VS family that I have offended over a long period of time. I've been silently battling an inner war with myself. Juggling my position within my organisation, my family and wife's business has not been easy.

Anyway, there are many far worse off than me.

Once again, thank you. Your words mean a lot to me 80.

Thats terrible 10, this virus goes way beyond health issues,the financial,social and mental devastation is yet to come. My heart truly goes out to you and your family.I know your world seems like its ended but stay strong my friend,we will all get through this and there will be light at the end of the tunnel,believe me. Take care my friend,you always have us lot on here when the going gets tough.🙂

You're a good man Vinnie. I'm trying hard to stay positive and planning for when this nightmare ends.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Hoddle,

what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger, you probably won't see it right now, but there will be a way back for you and your wife.

Keep strong and project your mind into how you will feel looking back at this in 18 months time.

This is an economic disaster, but as we know it's also a human one too.

Best wishes in all you do.

Thank you Ex.

Hoping I can look back on this a lot sooner than 18 months. However long it takes, we'll be ready to ramp up again.

The support from the VS family is overwhelming.

You all mean so very much to me and have shown care above and beyond.

Thank you so very much.

Isn't the assumption that everybody in the stats has had a COVID-19 positive test though? I guess that counts for something statistically.
I’m not sure....it seems the only people being tested are the ones admitted to hospital which if true would mean there are 8000+ people having been treated so far which doesn’t ring true....if you only test sick people then it doesn’t give an accurate picture of the fatality percentage....but i really don’t know.

So, last night (Tuesday) was a significant time in our lives for my family. About this time in 2004 we put pen to paper and drew up a business plan for my wife to start her business. It grew very quickly to the stage where she was teaching dance to over 10,000 children per week in schools across south east Queensland, as part of the curriculum. We employed over 12 staff and also had school holidays programs, after school ballet classes etc etc.

The business along with my income, allowed us to live a comfortable life to support our 7 children.

Today 25th March 2020 our business is gone. My wife and our staff are in complete shock. This was going to be part of our superannuation. With cap in hand she approached the welfare system. After being on hold for 3 hours, told she needed a Centrelink Number which she'd need to provide before they spoke further. She'll now have to go through the indignity of waiting in queues 300m long for 5-6 hours before seeing a representative.

I know this means nothing in the scheme of things, but I don't even have my health, and our income has more than halved. Our poor staff have zero income. Whatever we're owed from the schools from term 1 (Jan - Apr) will go to the staff.

As at 9pm Tuesday Night, Australian Govt have decided to ride this out. In other words, flatten the curve, opposed to total eradication. This will mean well over 6 months of total economic destruction and may very well prove more deadly than the virus itself.

NZ have gone for total eradication and the UK...well they're too late for either I think.

The reaction and fall out from this is going to be bigger than anyone could ever imagine. This will be worse than the great depression.

The future is so uncertain and I want nothing more than the world to return to 3 months ago.

Here I was back then, feeling sick about Spurs and our performance. I would give anything to be back in these days, and now, don't really give a toss what happens to the Club I gave my life to back in the 70's. I mean that in a relative way. In perspective if you like.

I'm sorry to have dumped this on my fellow VS family, but I'm sitting in my office at work, Wed morning, before anyone arrives, and I'm in tears. Just wanted to reach out to my Spurs family.

Despite our differences of opinion, I've seen a passionate & compassionate side to many on here over the years.

I truly love you all and wish you all the best.

God help us.
Wow , Hod that is awful . This is the unseen crisis behind this awful disease. You are going through a terrible time . I am so sorry . There is nothing I can say apart from keep strong mate . Keep strong and get through this all together . Sorry mate

Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things i'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!! 🍷🥃🍸🍹🍻👍

Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things i'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!! 🍷🥃🍸🍹🍻👍

Claasic!

I did better than you mate I decided to start things I always meant to get around to so I opened a bottle of............and a bottle of........etc etc

:grinning:

I have a friend who works as a machine operator. His section of work has shut down as its classed as none essential. But another section has stayed open due to making boxes for a medical firm.

Guess what? He won't get the 80% the government promised because the whole company has to close for the payments to count.

So this pathetic government has put loop holes in place.

With the end of the month approaching all the bill companies are of course circling for money.

I'm disgusted with the way the Government has handled this situation.

Why hasn't there been an instant freeze world wide on Bill's ect? I know some mortgage companies have done for 3 months but not every one has.

I can see riots happening soon. I for one won't blame them either. The government has done Jack shit to help millions of people.

Once again the average Joe gets screwed.

That’s brilliant 80 , made me larf first thing this morning .
it’s a lovely morning again , off to the allotment till about one o’clock then back to sit in the garden and put the world to rights with my wife . Have a beer around four , meal about five . Ground hog day has arrived !!!!!!!!!
we have started recording Countdown and compete with each other . Now that is sad !!!!!!!

I have a friend who works as a machine operator. His section of work has shut down as its classed as none essential. But another section has stayed open due to making boxes for a medical firm.

Guess what? He won't get the 80% the government promised because the whole company has to close for the payments to count.

So this pathetic government has put loop holes in place.

With the end of the month approaching all the bill companies are of course circling for money.

I'm disgusted with the way the Government has handled this situation.

Why hasn't there been an instant freeze world wide on Bill's ect? I know some mortgage companies have done for 3 months but not every one has.

I can see riots happening soon. I for one won't blame them either. The government has done Jack shit to help millions of people.

Once again the average Joe gets screwed.
I think like any massive project, and it needs to be looked at as a project, there are always going to be problems with any strategy, especially those constructed on the hoof, as the solutions are rolled out. Short of saying everyone gets a fixed sum every week that the lockdown lasts, and then arguing about how much that sum should be, should there be exemptions etc etc, it’s just highlighting the complexity of the detail....whoever is in charge needs to be cut some slack as long as they do their best to respond to issues as they arrive.