O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis. | Page 32 | Vital Football

O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis.

I’m not saying it isn’t a serious situation, I’m saying that working out the details of essentially making payments to everyone affected by the current situation is complex and, unfortunately, takes time unless you give everyone a government debit card and say fill your boots.

I beg to differ.

The government is forcing people to stay home which caused the economy to tank. They are 100% responsible to give EVERYONE the support needed.

And no, nobody suggested blank checks for everyone.

best article i've seen this month from yesterday. prob a 15 minute read but i found it worth it... https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/The-evidence-on-Covid-19-is-not-as-clear-as-we-think

Yeah, very interesting article. Sort of proves that a retired pathologist can throw more numbers at us but can't be really definitive expect for "keep measuring" and "social distancing for now".

Ultimately, you have to have faith in bringing all medical records online. We need to get beyond the "cause of death" box and start to use AI across millions of peoples medical records and find patterns using AI. The COVID-19 app that Ex shared is well worth expanding on as well. Having a more generic app that helps people share symptoms even if they don't go anywhere near a doctor or hospital would be amazing. Make that a long term project.

I beg to differ.

The government is forcing people to stay home which caused the economy to tank. They are 100% responsible to give EVERYONE the support needed.

And no, nobody suggested blank checks for everyone.
And they are trying is all I’m pointing out....I understand if you are directly affected by the situation it is very worrying but the devil is always in the detail on these things...ideas are one thing, implementation something different...perhaps you have a quick solution in mind?

Two simple unambiguous figures I'd like to see.

At the end of March , and at the end of every month thereafter :

1) How many total deaths were recorded in the UK , and how many were recorded for every corresponding month going back 10 years.

2) How many suicides have there been on the same timelines as above.

And they are trying is all I’m pointing out....I understand if you are directly affected by the situation it is very worrying but the devil is always in the detail on these things...ideas are one thing, implementation something different...perhaps you have a quick solution in mind?

Hey Pollo is your local MP part of Boris’ party? If he is call the rep.

Extend the business salary protection to all companies, including Limited, Umbrella and Sole traders, and cap it.

There are plenty of solutions, but here they are in this mess thinking about how people might screw them over, while sacrificing families of good, hard working people.

Extend the business salary protection to all companies, including Limited, Umbrella and Sole traders, and cap it.

There are plenty of solutions, but here they are in this mess thinking about how people might screw them over, while sacrificing families of good, hard working people.

I'm of a mind that if this goes on too much longer then they will have to consider a universal living wage (some will lose, some will win); alone with a complete freeze on loan repayments for 12 months both for mortgage and personal loans, credit cards will have to be capped too.

Not a perfect solution but one I suspect would support more people than is being at the moment.

I'm of a mind that if this goes on too much longer then they will have to consider a universal living wage (some will lose, some will win); alone with a complete freeze on loan repayments for 12 months both for mortgage and personal loans, credit cards will have to be capped too.

Not a perfect solution but one I suspect would support more people than is being at the moment.

If this goes on we are all fucked:

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...umbers-hint-at-the-coronavirus-economic-pain/

I think we will be going back to work despite the virus. I give it 45 days.

I'll take that bet - if this goes on for another 45 days people won't have jobs to go back to.

The Euro-zone was a bailout waiting to happen even before this crisis. The Italian bank debt level ( not sorted due to EU regulation forbidding government bailout) and the Spanish economy & unemployment were ticking time bombs.

These 2 countries have been hit hardest and their economies are practically non existent. When the dust settles we see just how much the EU values their unity as they would need an unprecedented bailout.

We have just recorded a 5.3% unemployment rate, which is far from the real number IMO, and will also rise sharply as government measures settle.

We will also see good paying jobs in energy, automotive, finance and tech replaced with lower paying jobs, something which wont be reflected in the statistics.

Don't expect a V recovery at this point.

I'll take that bet - if this goes on for another 45 days people won't have jobs to go back to.

The Euro-zone was a bailout waiting to happen even before this crisis. The Italian bank debt level ( not sorted due to EU regulation forbidding government bailout) and the Spanish economy & unemployment were ticking time bombs.

These 2 countries have been hit hardest and their economies are practically non existent. When the dust settles we see just how much the EU values their unity as they would need an unprecedented bailout.

We have just recorded a 5.3% unemployment rate, which is far from the real number IMO, and will also rise sharply as government measures settle.

We will also see good paying jobs in energy, automotive, finance and tech replaced with lower paying jobs, something which wont be reflected in the statistics.

I don't. I expect a gradual recovery based on revenue growth as money starts to flow again.

But we will back to work within 45 days. How about a beer? Anything else you would suggest will be fine.

I don't. I expect a gradual recovery based on revenue growth as money starts to flow again.

But we will back to work within 45 days. How about a beer? Anything else you would suggest will be fine.

My contract extension for April-July has been cancelled, so I for one have no job to go back to. You can ship me that beer.

Let's revisit this mid May and make it official if we are still in the same situation. After some more economic data and some corporate earning data, you might want to revise the terms.

My contract extension for April-July has been cancelled, so I for one have no job to go back to. You can ship me that beer.

Let's revisit this mid May and make it official if we are still in the same situation. After some more economic data and some corporate earning data, you might want to revise the terms.

No. If I lose. I buy.

There won't be any corporate earnings for the 2nd quarter. That's going to be the real boneshaker and despite EVERYONE KNOWING THIS IN ADVANCE the media will act surprised and act like it's the end of the world.

When all the huff and puff is over, I think we'll see the end of the Euro's - unless the Germans use all their reserves to lend to those hardest hit on terms that will look like they're giving it away - something the German people will never accept.