Coronavirus | Page 39 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Just in case anyone missed it.

The government has urged manufactures such as car companies to start making ventilators to deal with the worsening coronavirus crisis.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51896168

Now, given we don't produce a single ventilator in this country (I believe - so no plans, patents or designs) and there is a bit of a difference from having machines capable of producing car parts, and it's not like there's a switch you can flick to turn those machines into being capable of making ventilators...

I'm happy to have a stab in the dark in the shed if anyone wants. I just need a few hand drawn plans to be provided by those more artistically savvy, but I'm pretty sure I can make a vacuum blow instead of suck and I've got a garden hose I don't use.

A bit of swarfiga lathered on would be enough to keep it clean for an ICU ward wouldn't it?

Fake Noos I reckon

Lots of anecdotal evidence suggesting that paramedics aren't even testing for it, perhaps because they don't really have the means, this includes not testing people who have all the symptoms and are in a bad way. I'd imagine the 'numbers' we are seeing are biased downward by quite a margin.

A helpless plea by Hancock earlier for ventilators was pretty pathetic. A great indictment of a decade of Tory governance. If the shit well and truly hits the fan and we're choosing who dies by virtue of a ventilator lottery then things are going to get very, very ugly.
I think it’s the Tories fault that no country in Europe has enough ventilators. Italy France Germany Spain Belgium Holland to name a few. It’s as daft as saying it’s Corbyns fault that the Labour Party is so disgustingly anti Semitic (it’s not, there’s far more than him)

yep - despite knocking up his swarfega based device in his shed - he's not even considered compliance with the EU medical device regs !!!

I keep being told we are now out of the EU, I was just going to read a Mr Medical book for advice and make sure I smacked a 'made in the UK' sticker to it.

I am going to have to keep away from Supermarkets just so i don't end up having a go at the fucking retards that are panic buying despite being told not to.
Was a lass on the BBC about an hour ago making yet another plea for fucktards to not visit their local hospital to nick the alcohol gel, aprons etc.

Need lining up a wall in my humble.

you'll be wanting to sell your vastly superior British artisan made Vent-e-laters to the rest of the Europe as well though surely - that's if they've opened their borders again (4 pillars and all that)

I am going to have to keep away from Supermarkets just so i don't end up having a go at the fucking retards that are panic buying despite being told not to.

I want to go to Costco and buy my normal supply of tinned dog food, but am frightened of people having a pop about panic buying we use 4 cans a day so a pack of 24 lasts 6 days so I buy about 10 packs which last bout 2 months I don't want to be humping packs of dog food once a week

Was a lass on the BBC about an hour ago making yet another plea for fucktards to not visit their local hospital to nick the alcohol gel, aprons etc.

Need lining up a wall in my humble.

Yep. Got told this the other day after Mrs M had been in one of her many meetings going on.
Lemonade bottle being used to fill up with gel at one of the Oxford hospitals.

Staggering.

you'll be wanting to sell your vastly superior British artisan made Vent-e-laters to the rest of the Europe as well though surely - that's if they've opened their borders again (4 pillars and all that)
No, no, no.

Buyers can collect, I'm not walking to the bloody Post Office as well BBM.

The only oath I've taken is the hypocritical one...Pillar and her foreign mates can sort themselves out.

Yep. Got told this the other day after Mrs M had been in one of her many meetings going on.
Lemonade bottle being used to fill up with gel at one of the Oxford hospitals.

Staggering.

It's what gets me...I can somewhat understand getting an 'extra pack' of obvious things from your Asda et al without being too extreme.

But physically going into a hospital and nicking something, until I heard it on the news it hadn't even occurred to me as a joke to make, let alone something you'd do?

Just in case anyone missed it.

The government has urged manufactures such as car companies to start making ventilators to deal with the worsening coronavirus crisis.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51896168

Now, given we don't produce a single ventilator in this country (I believe - so no plans, patents or designs) and there is a bit of a difference from having machines capable of producing car parts, and it's not like there's a switch you can flick to turn those machines into being capable of making ventilators...

I'm happy to have a stab in the dark in the shed if anyone wants. I just need a few hand drawn plans to be provided by those more artistically savvy, but I'm pretty sure I can make a vacuum blow instead of suck and I've got a garden hose I don't use.

A bit of swarfiga lathered on would be enough to keep it clean for an ICU ward wouldn't it?

Looks like a wild stab in the dark doesn't it? Totally different machinery, technology, skill set to produce and so on.

Looks like a wild stab in the dark doesn't it? Totally different machinery, technology, skill set to produce and so on.

Yup, let alone the health and safety and contamination aspects I guess. Even then on a pure engineering basis, the tolerances are completely different from mechanical tolerances I assume - and then we're into the legals and the insurances.

It's one thing if a car part fails, but a ventilator fail for a single person would be a different level.

The WW2 comparisons by Marr & Hancock were totally out of order...it's not like rejigging to build a Spitfire FFS.

The idea is good and makes perfect sense....but...it's the practicality.