Coronavirus | Page 40 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Sunbather arrested for breaking coronavirus lockdown

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/

Also, Police are cruising around our local streets with megaphones warning not to go out and cyclists fined for riding bikes. The list of fines are horrendous even leading to 3 months imprisonment.

Like everywhere else the Police over here are on power trips and you just don't mess with them or show dis-respect otherwise that would be a very foolish move!

https://www.ultimahora.es/noticias/...oles-policiales-por-medidas-del-gobierno.html

From The Guardian

The coronavirus epidemic in the UK will last until next spring and could lead to 7.9 million people being hospitalised, a secret Public Health England (PHE) briefing for senior NHS officials reveals.
The document, seen by the Guardian, is the first time health chiefs tackling the virus have admitted that they expect it to circulate for another 12 months and lead to huge extra strain on an already overstretched NHS.
It also suggests that health chiefs are braced for as many as 80% of Britons becoming infected with the coronavirus over that time.

So this woman flew back to China from the US because she couldn't get treatment for Covid19 there.

The US doesn't have a public healthcare system. I bet they have one by the end of the year.

One thing is for sure all males over 18 with no dependant children will be bottom of the treatment list, you're on your own boys and Bupa won't save you either as they have no intensive care or A and E facilities, great if you need a hip replacement feck all use if you are ill

Yup, let alone the health and safety and contamination aspects I guess. Even then on a pure engineering basis, the tolerances are completely different from mechanical tolerances I assume - and then we're into the legals and the insurances.

It's one thing if a car part fails, but a ventilator fail for a single person would be a different level.

The WW2 comparisons by Marr & Hancock were totally out of order...it's not like rejigging to build a Spitfire FFS.

The idea is good and makes perfect sense....but...it's the practicality.
As you say the idea is good but they're rather damned if they do and damned if they don't here, aren't they? If they don't explore the possibility of diverting manufacturing to fill the vacuum (geddit!) they're slagged off and if they do the idea's ridiculed as impractical. I'm not saying you're ridiculing the idea BTW Mike.

The main reason I'm putting up here what's happening in Spain is I wonder when or if the UK will finally copy some of these measures?

Spanish government puts private healthcare firms at the orders of the regions
Companies that are holding or that can manufacture health materials such as protective masks have been given 48 hours to inform the authorities on risk of fines for failing to do so

Madrid - 16 MAR 2020 - 08:56CET
The Spanish government has decided to implement never-before-seen measures in terms of the country’s healthcare system, in a bid to combat the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.

Speaking at a press conference on Sunday night, a day after the Cabinet approved a state of alarm that has confined Spaniards to their homes, Health Minister Salvador Illa announced that private health providers would be temporarily taken over and put at the disposition of the national healthcare system.

FULL ARTICLE: https://english.elpais.com/society/...ource=Twitter&ssm=TW_CM_EN#Echobox=1584345683

One thing is for sure all males over 18 with no dependant children will be bottom of the treatment list, you're on your own boys and Bupa won't save you either as they have no intensive care or A and E facilities, great if you need a hip replacement feck all use if you are ill

Equal opportunities never quite works out well for us working white male folk does it.

The main reason I'm putting up here what's happening in Spain is I wonder when or if the UK will finally copy some of these measures?

Spanish government puts private healthcare firms at the orders of the regions
Companies that are holding or that can manufacture health materials such as protective masks have been given 48 hours to inform the authorities on risk of fines for failing to do so

Madrid - 16 MAR 2020 - 08:56CET
The Spanish government has decided to implement never-before-seen measures in terms of the country’s healthcare system, in a bid to combat the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.

Speaking at a press conference on Sunday night, a day after the Cabinet approved a state of alarm that has confined Spaniards to their homes, Health Minister Salvador Illa announced that private health providers would be temporarily taken over and put at the disposition of the national healthcare system.

FULL ARTICLE: https://english.elpais.com/society/...ource=Twitter&ssm=TW_CM_EN#Echobox=1584345683

I’m all for capitalism but there are times in life when you just hope companies and people do things for the greater good.

As you say the idea is good but they're rather damned if they do and damned if they don't here, aren't they? If they don't explore the possibility of diverting manufacturing to fill the vacuum (geddit!) they're slagged off and if they do the idea's ridiculed as impractical. I'm not saying you're ridiculing the idea BTW Mike.

Tell you what I left JLR a year ago and they were trying to build a battery for the next-gen Electric car they are still struggling now 2 years after starting. The current Jag has all BMW running gear.
It was like watching the blind leading the blind , we'll all be dead before they could build a ventilator

So the gov are telling me that I will have to self isolate for up to four months. Well I live alone, don't have children and no family living locally. I have an elder sister lives 40 miles away who will also have to isolate herself. My best mate and his wife are also in their seventies. So basically this means for me not just isolation it will mean solitary confinement for up to four months. They are also saying we will have to shop on line. I am registered with two of the four major supermarkets and have been looking this morning to check on availability of stuff. There are more out of stock items than there are in stock. So I am supposed to sit here on my own going hungry for up to four months. It aint gonna happen they can go stuff themselves.

So the gov are telling me that I will have to self isolate for up to four months. Well I live alone, don't have children and no family living locally. I have an elder sister lives 40 miles away who will also have to isolate herself. My best mate and his wife are also in their seventies. So basically this means for me not just isolation it will mean solitary confinement for up to four months. They are also saying we will have to shop on line. I am registered with two of the four major supermarkets and have been looking this morning to check on availability of stuff. There are more out of stock items than there are in stock. So I am supposed to sit here on my own going hungry for up to four months. It aint gonna happen they can go stuff themselves.

Just beyond comprehension some of their 'simple' measures aren't they?

They don't understand what isolation and loneliness can be like perhaps.