Coronavirus | Page 37 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Looking at the scenes in the supermarkets the idiots have now moved from the bog rolls etc to anything that isn't nailed down. The way to stop it is to take away all the shopping trolleys and restrict everybody to just one basket and that includes couples together.

Looking at the scenes in the supermarkets the idiots have now moved from the bog rolls etc to anything that isn't nailed down. The way to stop it is to take away all the shopping trolleys and restrict everybody to just one basket and that includes couples together.

That'll be fun at Costco when I go for my normal 3 month supply of dog food, mind you Costco has minimum quantities not maximum

Pig headed ignorance will ensure this will spread at a faster rate I'm afraid. People will change their minds when they start seeing loved ones perish as a result. I'm pretty irritated at a couple of family members right now for not taking it seriously enough.

Basically a note to the panic buyers and selfish bastards from the director of Sainsbury. Jeez. Some people!

View email in a browser

Sainsbury's
Dear Jonathan,

You will have seen that, due to the ongoing uncertainty around the full impact of Coronavirus, supermarkets have been much busier than usual and customers are choosing to stock up.

I wanted to personally reassure you that we have more food and other essential items coming to us from manufacturers and into our warehouses and distribution centres. If we all shop just for the food that we and our families need, there will be enough for everyone.

I also wanted to let you know that at Sainsbury's, we are working really hard to ensure this remains the case. Over the past two weeks we have:

-

Ordered more stock of essential items from our suppliers

-

Put more capacity into our warehouses and

-

Set limits on a small number of items, including some cleaning products, soap and pain relief. This is a precautionary measure - if everyone shops normally, there will be enough for everyone.

There are gaps on shelves because of increased demand, but we have new stock arriving regularly and we're doing our best to keep shelves stocked. Our store colleagues are working tirelessly and doing the best job they can.

Which brings me onto a request. Please think before you buy and only buy what you and your family need. If we all do this then we can make sure we have enough for everyone. And please help elderly and vulnerable friends, family and neighbours with their shopping if you can.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and to thank our colleagues who are all working incredibly hard to ensure we can continue to serve our customers well.

Best wishes

Mike

Pig headed ignorance will ensure this will spread at a faster rate I'm afraid. People will change their minds when they start seeing loved ones perish as a result. I'm pretty irritated at a couple of family members right now for not taking it seriously enough.

My sister is in full on panic about my dad. He's in his seventies and just had prostate surgery. He has kidney problems related to his prostate. If he gets Covid19, he's fucked. So my sister is in full lock down, has taken her kids out of school etc while my dad is wandering around the shops and meeting his friends.

I've just been to the local Morrisons and it's like the world is about to end - rows and rows of empty shelves. Presumably, all of their delivery drivers are self-isolating.

There are still hundreds of Easter eggs though, and they were putting more out on to the empty shelves. Weird.

Basically a note to the panic buyers and selfish bastards from the director of Sainsbury. Jeez. Some people!

View email in a browser

Sainsbury's
Dear Jonathan,

You will have seen that, due to the ongoing uncertainty around the full impact of Coronavirus, supermarkets have been much busier than usual and customers are choosing to stock up.

I wanted to personally reassure you that we have more food and other essential items coming to us from manufacturers and into our warehouses and distribution centres. If we all shop just for the food that we and our families need, there will be enough for everyone.

I also wanted to let you know that at Sainsbury's, we are working really hard to ensure this remains the case. Over the past two weeks we have:

-

-

-

Set limits on a small number of items, including some cleaning products, soap and pain relief. This is a precautionary measure - if everyone shops normally, there will be enough for everyone.

There are gaps on shelves because of increased demand, but we have new stock arriving regularly and we're doing our best to keep shelves stocked. Our store colleagues are working tirelessly and doing the best job they can.

Which brings me onto a request. Please think before you buy and only buy what you and your family need. If we all do this then we can make sure we have enough for everyone. And please help elderly and vulnerable friends, family and neighbours with their shopping if you can.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and to thank our colleagues who are all working incredibly hard to ensure we can continue to serve our customers well.

Best wishes

Mike

Had the same. I have lost faith in human nature after seeing the state of the Sainsbury's by us . The thing is i bought some beans and there was 1 pack left so I did consider buying that as well because the thought crossed my mind whether I would be able to get any next time. It's a kind of snowball effect really.

It's from the New York Times mike, -

Officials in Spain reported 1,500 new cases, the largest daily increase in the country so far, pushing its total to 5,753. The government ordered all schools, restaurants and bars to close, extending measures that various regional authorities, including in Madrid and in Catalonia, had taken on Friday.
France announced the closing of all “non-indispensable” businesses as of midnight, including restaurants, bars, and movie theaters, after a sharp uptick in the assault from the coronavirus. French cases doubled over the last 72 hours to about 4,500. There have been 91 deaths, and 300 coronavirus patients are in critical condition — half of them under 50 years of age.

The measures in both countries follow similar moves in Italy, the hardest hit country in Europe. Italy has been locked down since early in the week, with only groceries, pharmacies and banks allowed to operate. On Saturday, the country reported 175 new deaths, with a total of 1,441, and 2,795 new cases, with the total crossing 21,000.

Absolutely lazy from PA/NYT & others Sil.

Correction: March 15, 2020
An earlier version of this article included an inaccurate description of France's coronavirus patients. Of the 300 in critical condition, half are under 60, not under 50.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/world/europe/france-coronavirus.html

And even that's inaccurate as in their edited online piece, they don't even make that clarification in the piece - they remove the claim completely and by my searching they haven't repeated it in subsequent coverage. It's not born out by the latest figures and it's a syndicated PA piece - and others who carried it have subsequently amended themselves.

It's attributed to Jerome Salomon - yet I can't find a single quote where he actually said that on Saturday?

Talking to my parents and having spoken to a mate today who has different age groups attending his establishment, it does appear to me the country needs good luck to make the over 70's (of all age groups) do what they are told.

They believe, and maybe they are right, they have lived through worse.

I heard they want everyone over 70 to self isolate for up to 4 months. As if. They obviously assume everyone over 70 is a retired invalid sat at home all day in a rocking chair.

My dad is 72 and still works full time as a driving instructor. No way he could afford to sit at home on his arse for 4 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

View email in a browser

Sainsbury's
Dear Jonathan,

-

-

-

Best wishes

Mike

He personally wrote an email to me too, aren't you and I lucky. I hope he didn’t write us separate emails and just copied the one he sent to me and forwarded it to you