Coronavirus | Page 38 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I heard they want everyone over 70 to self isolate for up to 4 months. As if. They obviously assume everyone over 70 is a retired invalid sat at home all day in a rocking chair.

My dad is 72 and still works full time as a driving instructor. No way he could afford to sit at home on his arse for 4 months.

It's a conundrum. If I went shopping for my Mom then I would get our shopping at the same time , but with the restriction on quantities I assume I wouldn't be able to.

Herd immunity has been denied as the goal by the one and only Matt Hancock (he did so on Sky News just now). You may agree with the strategy but the transparency has been appalling.

Police in Spain rounding the people up on the streets, I couldn’t imagine the UK police doing that but maybe it’ll happen

I wish you wouldn’t post things without a source, it’s either being a wind up merchant or it’s contributing in a very small way to hysteria.

If it’s got a trustworthy source post it but I’ve seen a few posts lately of yours and they seem like the sort of shit my mum would reshare on Facebook if she saw it.
Can't you read ?? Already said it's from the New York Times

Ireland will be going into a 14 day lockdown where no one can leave their houses and the army will be patrolling the streets, this is a leak from a secret meeting.

It's amazing the kind of top secret information that goes viral on Whatsapp.

Lots of anecdotal evidence suggesting that paramedics aren't even testing for it, perhaps because they don't really have the means, this includes not testing people who have all the symptoms and are in a bad way. I'd imagine the 'numbers' we are seeing are biased downward by quite a margin.

A helpless plea by Hancock earlier for ventilators was pretty pathetic. A great indictment of a decade of Tory governance. If the shit well and truly hits the fan and we're choosing who dies by virtue of a ventilator lottery then things are going to get very, very ugly.

Lots of anecdotal evidence suggesting that paramedics aren't even testing for it, perhaps because they don't really have the means, this includes not testing people who have all the symptoms and are in a bad way. I'd imagine the 'numbers' we are seeing are biased downward by quite a margin.

A helpless plea by Hancock earlier for ventilators was pretty pathetic. A great indictment of a decade of Tory governance. If the shit well and truly hits the fan and we're choosing who dies by virtue of a ventilator lottery then things are going to get very, very ugly.

It's easy those without dependants die first, I don't think you exactly stock up on ventilators like toilet rolls to be fair

Just in case anyone missed it.

The government has urged manufactures such as car companies to start making ventilators to deal with the worsening coronavirus crisis.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51896168

Now, given we don't produce a single ventilator in this country (I believe - so no plans, patents or designs) and there is a bit of a difference from having machines capable of producing car parts, and it's not like there's a switch you can flick to turn those machines into being capable of making ventilators...

I'm happy to have a stab in the dark in the shed if anyone wants. I just need a few hand drawn plans to be provided by those more artistically savvy, but I'm pretty sure I can make a vacuum blow instead of suck and I've got a garden hose I don't use.

A bit of swarfiga lathered on would be enough to keep it clean for an ICU ward wouldn't it?