COBRA | Page 7 | Vital Football

COBRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
New cases per day could easily be into 4 figures in 2 weeks time and rising quickly day by day.
Given Italy has already ordered sporting events to be crowdless, we can certainly expect the same here in due course.
It's all about which comes first, working mass-produced vaccine or widespread infection.
The latter looking to win easily at the moment.

Its being so cheerful that keeps me going

Coronavirus Tip. Instead of singing two verses of 'Happy Birthday to you', while washing your hands, switch to Stevie Wonders 'Happy Birthday to ya'. It's a bit more upbeat.

Half expect a lot of the country locked down by next weekend, with fixtures being postponed then or certainly the following weekend (easier in the international break 28/29 March, an England v Italy friendly looking pretty unlikely!).
Suggestion flying around of schools closing on 20/27 March for an extended Easter break (fine if people isolate, and if it doesn't prevent emergency workers going to work due to childcare issues).

I'm a hospital worker and my partner works with people who have special needs.
She's also agency so if she doesn't work she doesn't get paid.
This going to be a rough ride.
The government should have done far more far earlier like some other countries did.

I'm a hospital worker and my partner works with people who have special needs.
She's also agency so if she doesn't work she doesn't get paid.
This going to be a rough ride.
The government should have done far more far earlier like some other countries did.

By all accounts, there's been nothing done (until perhaps today) about quarantining people returning over the last month from Italy. I heard a cabinet minister interviewed on radio yesterday and he was really clueless. When asked why nothing was done to even check those landing back Italy, he simply had no answers.
Yet the overwhelming number of newly reported cases over the last couple of weeks or so have been people returning from Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.