COBRA | Page 10 | Vital Football

COBRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wales international versus America is now postponed, although the earlier friendly versus Austria goes ahead. I guess this could mean we can't postpone the Wimbledon game?
Although the Austria game is the day before our match so I guess we still have grounds to postpone.

Well...you don't have to be a registered voter to comment on here...hence I included whole population.
But registered voters were 47 1/2 million.
So of those around 34 million did not vote for the current Government.
Or in percentages, about 29% voted for the Government and 71% didn't.
And given there is a fair number of people who could be registered to vote but fail to do so, then it could easily be less than 1 in 4 adults that backed the Government.

Until we bring in everyone votes, then democracy is somewhat an illusion here.

Lets go to your last point, when everyone HAS to vote. Doesn't that bring democracy into the discussion whe

Think today proves they couldn't care less about anyone other than their rich mates.
The rest of Europe is shutting schools, suspending sports events etc, but here hey it's going to get worse but let's just carry on like nothing is happening.

Think today proves they couldn't care less about anyone other than their rich mates.
The rest of Europe is shutting schools, suspending sports events etc, but here hey it's going to get worse but let's just carry on like nothing is happening.

Yep, just like 1939/40. Mainland Europe aka France, Belguim, Holland all rolled over and GB stuck up for itself.

Yep, just like 1939/40. Mainland Europe aka France, Belguim, Holland all rolled over and GB stuck up for itself.

Hmm. Well given England "rolled over" to both invasions from France and Holland, then they could possibly make equivalent claims. Plus many of them bravely fought on and without them, defeating Germany would have been much harder. D-day's success for example was massively aided by the French Resistance.

Never heard so much rubbish spouted in all my life if you play matches behind closed doors you are more likely to get the virus sat in the pub watching the match"

The reaction of the Stock Market is a typical massive over reaction to this issue in Wuhan where the virus started less than 1% of the population contracted the virus so some of the figures bandied about of 50 and 70% of the population getting the virus are frankly ludicrous.

Never heard so much rubbish spouted in all my life if you play matches behind closed doors you are more likely to get the virus sat in the pub watching the match"

The reaction of the Stock Market is a typical massive over reaction to this issue in Wuhan where the virus started less than 1% of the population contracted the virus so some of the figures bandied about of 50 and 70% of the population getting the virus are frankly ludicrous.

That's an *interesting* take. How do you know less than 1% of the population contracted the virus?

Yesterday I visited my good friend in London, a 95 year old ex-Lancaster navigator who flew 25 ops out of RAF Skellingthorpe. I ..... I suppose that stems from serving at a base which saw 1,984 aircrew killed flying during four years of WW2. He thinks we are a little bit wimpish, but knows he is vulnerable and is taking precautions. He doesn't blame anybody and is willing to accept his fate.

I guess he is one of the political silent majority but it's hard to begrudge him his choice, whichever it may have been.

We had a family day at the match Saturday and stayed overnight in Lincoln. Sunday my wife and I visited the IBCC for the first time, and it is pleasing that it was built in Lincoln, and the location, overlooking the cathedral, is quite moving. These places certainly bring home the sacrifice of our parents' generation and is certainly worth a visit

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the virus has already been with us since the new year. There's so much varying information out there but it does seem that people can carry the virus for days (five was the last report i heard) without showing any symptoms ,indeed may possibly never show any symptoms. A time line in the papers over the weekend said the Chinese raised the alarm on new years eve about a significant rise in cases of pneumonia, but flights wern't stopped till around the 21st jan . That's a massive window of opportunity for the virus to have been brought back here, particularly in the period just after Christmas to new year as no one was being tested at all then.
Here in south Lincs there was a particularly nasty flu type bug that spread like wildfire in January which incidentally started with a cough and a fever. My wife has astma and i dont mind telling you it was frightening , she was struggling. I spoke to a chap today in his fifties who was one of many who caught it at the same time and he has problems with his immune system and ended up hospitalized. It took the whole month to get rid of the cough and some i've spoken to even longer. Whilst flu is obviously very similar, the having the cough first is unusual, its back to front, it usually ends with a cough, well with me it does anyway. They reckon we've had around 600 deaths since the new year which have been put down to seasonal flu, but again, none of these were specifically tested for corona virus.
I may be wrong but other people round here are also starting to wonder if we've already had it, or maybe wishful thinking and we've still got it to look forward to. It was clearly very contagious so presume Lincoln and other areas had it too?

Yes, my wife has similar thoughts. She teaches in Adult Education and her classes include several older ladies, all of whom had had the flu jab. A number were off around that time and with similar symptoms

Nope, but here
https://www.mylondon.news/news/health/london-coronavirus-exact-flights-italy-17896520
is the response from the airlines on Tuesday, I don't know of any airlines that had stopped flying all flights from Monday, but many had reduced their flights already, largely as a response to falling demand...
Well as I read that bulletin it seems to me to cast doubt upon the number of flights solely from Milan dont you think?, . I am deeply suspicipus that we are being fed alot of fake news , and feel that this is a good example.
The problem is that this is being swallowed and repeated on forums like this , at the same time embellished .
My own opinion is that this a Lincoln City forum and this subject is at least off topic .

Hmm. Well given England "rolled over" to both invasions from France and Holland, then they could possibly make equivalent claims. Plus many of them bravely fought on and without them, defeating Germany would have been much harder. D-day's success for example was massively aided by the French Resistance.

We were massiely aided by the French Resistance very true , but why wouldnt be France is their country !

Status
Not open for further replies.