COBRA | Vital Football

COBRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

89spartans_12/03/77

Vital Squad Member
There has been a lot of stuff on social media recently over coronavirus ending Liverpool’s chances of winning the league.
But what about Lincoln City? If this virus runs over deep into next season and beyond. How are the club going to honour all of those bumper contracts without any income?
Things could get very bad.

Yes, it's all getting a little bit real now, I suspect though that if it gets as bad as to cancel football for a lengthy period of time, that football will probably be last thing we're worried about. I was going to say permission to start panic buying but having tried to get some hand sanitizer yesterday it appears we already are. Spoke to a mate yesterday who runs a woodwork shop and he said the people he buys their face masks from called and told him they couldn't honour his order he's had on for quite some time, as the government have compulsory bought all their stock and told them they can't supply any to "normal" business.

If things really got to that point then every other club in the country would be in the same boat. This virus doesn't specifically target Lincoln City fans as far as I know.

If things really got to that point then every other club in the country would be in the same boat. This virus doesn't specifically target Lincoln City fans as far as I know.

Well data is scant on that question so far...
What natural immunity levels do Imps carry?

Just watched Marr questioning hancock. Over 60s advises to avoid large crowds. Some comment on France banning gatherings over 5000. Hancock admitting this is possible.
Those with pre existing and elderly most at risk.

Just watched Marr questioning hancock. Over 60s advises to avoid large crowds. Some comment on France banning gatherings over 5000. Hancock admitting this is possible.
Those with pre existing and elderly most at risk.
Same with any virus like this, just the same as the flu virus.
Not that I'm saying this is the same as the flu.

With 90,000 infections, but 77,000 in China and over 3,000 in South Korea that leaves around 10,000 in the rest of the world. With a mortality rate of around 3% that is 300 deaths a year or the same number of people in the US who die from falling off a ladder or the same number of people killed in the UK from faulty medical equipment.

The lesson to learn from this?

Avoid crowds of Chinese and Korean doctors who ask you to get them a medical device down off a high shelf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.