West brom Match thread | Page 21 | Vital Football

West brom Match thread

Anyone remember the impact Guediora made when he came on loan January? Nd Blackstock? Those r the type of loans we needed in January...

Yes, quite clearly.

The circumstances are not the same though.

Guediora and Blackstock came straight into a struggling side and performed from their first kick.

The current side is far from struggling, over achieving in fact.

Emulating the form of an over achiever who is full of confidence is a totally different kettle of fish.

The expectation levels placed on someone coming into this side is way above what Guediora and Blackstock faced.

Yes, quite clearly.

The circumstances are not the same though.

Guediora and Blackstock came straight into a struggling side and performed from their first kick.

The current side is far from struggling, over achieving in fact.

Emulating the form of an over achiever who is full of confidence is a totally different kettle of fish.

The expectation levels placed on someone coming into this side is way above what Guediora and Blackstock faced.
A better comparison would be Konchesky and Boyd.

Or Mitrovic at Fulham

Diakhaby and Semedo are not our players so I am less bothered about their progress; it would have been nice for them to have performed during their spell with us, I just cannot see it happening.

Semedo does not look like he is too bothered and Diakhaby is probably suffering from confidence issues; he may improve but I would not put money on it happening as we will only see fleeting glimpses of him.

Young Walker is the big problem and his problem is one of laziness; he does not want anything to do with the team work side of things, he has no intention of contributing out side of the box, and seems content with coasting along waiting for a chance to arrive.

It is a shame because he has proven without doubt that he can score goals.

Unless he has a massive change of heart I can see him ending up doing the rounds in the lower leagues, and missing out on a great opportunity.

His time with us must be limited now; we have much better coming through the ranks.
Totally agree on Walker. This is a free hit for him. A chance he really shouldn’t have had this season and it’s as though he either doesn’t care or he already knows he is gone in the summer.

Based on what he has done in leagues one and two he should be more than capable of being a 15-20 goal striker in the Championship with a bit of development and the right work ethic but instead, as you say, he is going to end up in the lower divisions and maybe getting a shot toward the end of his career when he actually realised how lucky he is and how badly he has wasted his ability.

Shame really as every Forest fan will be desperate for him to prove himself his fathers son.

Did anyone notice that every time they showed Figs on TV he was scowling and looked like he had just murdered a few people and wasn't done?

I bet he is probably one of those nice guys you could meet in real life but when its game time he is evil incarnate

Totally agree on Walker. This is a free hit for him. A chance he really shouldn’t have had this season and it’s as though he either doesn’t care or he already knows he is gone in the summer.

Based on what he has done in leagues one and two he should be more than capable of being a 15-20 goal striker in the Championship with a bit of development and the right work ethic but instead, as you say, he is going to end up in the lower divisions and maybe getting a shot toward the end of his career when he actually realised how lucky he is and how badly he has wasted his ability.

Shame really as every Forest fan will be desperate for him to prove himself his fathers son.

Its getting boring waiting though isn't it? I am never one to slate players, I would dearly love to be in their position and applaud them for their dedication to training but I always try to be realistic in my review of players. Walker just doesnt have the work ethic in my opinion. He doesn't put himself about like all good centre forwards do, the world over. Yesterday was another example of that. I would definitely have left him out at Lincoln or tried to get Grant with him in exchange. He reminds me of Jorge Grant, promises loads but delivers little when pulling on the shirt.

Des have a word.

Diakhaby and Semedo are not our players so I am less bothered about their progress; it would have been nice for them to have performed during their spell with us, I just cannot see it happening.

Semedo does not look like he is too bothered and Diakhaby is probably suffering from confidence issues; he may improve but I would not put money on it happening as we will only see fleeting glimpses of him.

Young Walker is the big problem and his problem is one of laziness; he does not want anything to do with the team work side of things, he has no intention of contributing out side of the box, and seems content with coasting along waiting for a chance to arrive.

It is a shame because he has proven without doubt that he can score goals.

Unless he has a massive change of heart I can see him ending up doing the rounds in the lower leagues, and missing out on a great opportunity.

His time with us must be limited now; we have much better coming through the ranks.

I think we dont know if its experience or mentality with tyler, too early to tell imo

Depth of the squad is pants considering where we were in January, there is IMO absolutely no game changer to come on and win us the game if needed, apart from the 11 yesterday that’s it, JC is either not bothered or the manager can’t stand him,if we get two or three injuries to our key players .....well that’s it..some of them are going to be rested sooner or later and Tuesday spelt it out for everyone at the club......we will just hope that other teams fall at the final hurdle to let us have a say in the top six

Cash has kicked on this season. SL has coached a group in to a team. Perhaps he can do something over the next 5 games with someone like Diakhaby. Otherwise I agree with sentiments of others earlier.

Iv never been convinced by Walker to be honest. Anonymous and gets bullied

In all honesty we will probably get rid of da costa and bong by the summer again. Diakhaby never has the ball under control. It's a tough time to recruit but surely we could have done better.

Diakhabi has pace which is something that can't be taught, if someone can coach him into him how to dribble at least he'd be an asset. Trouble is we don't have the time for him or the others to come good, in January you need to find some ready to go loans who are looking to put themselves on the shop window.

Terrible refereeing but, taking everything into account, a point at WBA was a very satisfactory result. We don’t have WBA’s resources, or team, but we do have resilience, heart and organisation. We have a very good manager and a method that works well for us.

What a shame the recruitment has been so poor. We were crying out for more quality in the January window but, for whatever reason, the recruitment team failed to deliver.

I can’t help feeling though that we have someone already that, if he could find his best form and mentality, would make a huge difference over the run in. I refer of course to Carvalho. I really don’t understand why he’s not breaking into the match day squad. It looks like he’s in a strop and fallen out with Lamouchi, but I don’t know. Management is about getting the best out of players, different players with different mentalities, skills and attitudes. It’s a test for Lamouchi to get Carvalho playing his best again, for we all know there is an excellent player in there. If we could have a fully functioning Carvalho in his favoured No 10 role it could be the catalyst to having a complete team.

He looks interested when he's on the bench even if he's not getting a game, I think he doesn't have the strength lamouchi wants. All our starting 11 can mix it up and they all work as a unit to stop the opposition, Silva is in his place and he puts himself about isn't afraid to get stuck in which is why he gets in even though he's not scoring or getting many assists. I'd still have JC on the bench if he could get in and find some form it would be like a new signing.

Really don't get the hate for Walker.

Showed plenty of desire to bomb down the pitch and get the second v Leeds.

SL made too many changes v Charlton, but Walker had a great near post flick which just went wide and another first time shot straight at the keeper. Grabban has done no better lately.

Came on for the last 10 minutes v WBA and we equalised. Not sure if he was involved in the move.

Lazy? Or told to stay up the pitch. Can't score if he gets no service. Sky said of Grabban at HT v WBA that he had fewer touches than anyone else but had no service.

Get off the lad's back and he might just reward you.

Really don't get the hate for Walker.

Showed plenty of desire to bomb down the pitch and get the second v Leeds.

SL made too many changes v Charlton, but Walker had a great near post flick which just went wide and another first time shot straight at the keeper. Grabban has done no better lately.

Came on for the last 10 minutes v WBA and we equalised. Not sure if he was involved in the move.

Lazy? Or told to stay up the pitch. Can't score if he gets no service. Sky said of Grabban at HT v WBA that he had fewer touches than anyone else but had no service.

Get off the lad's back and he might just reward you.

IMO, those misses show me Tyler isn't a natural finisher.

Whilst Grabban hasn't scored for a few games, he will and will probably go onto to hit close to 25 this season.

Do you have confidence that Walker will grab another goal this season, as i don't.

Whilst Grabban hasn't scored for a few games, he will and will probably go onto to hit close to 25 this season.

Do you have confidence that Walker will grab another goal this season, as i don't.

Walker will get another goal this season. IF he gets a chance as easy as the chance he stuck away against Leeds.

I have more confidence in TW getting more goals this season than a Grabban at the same age

Was Grabban hitting 25 a season at the same age as Tyler is now playing at this level

In fact had Grabban scored as many goals as TW at the same age?

Remember there is almost 10 years in age and experience between the 2

Many clubs and managers and different styles

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41904