West brom Match thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

West brom Match thread

The ref was utterly inept. Considering the piss poor decisions against us a draw is a fair result.

Still lots to play for and autos are a realistic option

To be honest, there's something beautiful about a game like today, including the controversy. The complete range of emotions that you go through, topped off with a feeling of satisfaction at having scraped something from the game.

I thought we were a bit rubbish, and every time I look at the squads of some of the teams around us, I think that Lamouchi has coached the hell out of the players at his disposal. This game was a fine example of that. We lost goals to a mistake, then being caught upfield after a poor refereeing decision.

Before both goals, our plan was working really well. We were limiting a talented group of players to set pieces and low percentage shots. Their diving, cheating playmaker was getting kicked out of the game. We dogged and frustrated them, and were a bunch of bastards to play against. With a more competent referee, it would have worked even better. For every free kick we didn't win for blatant fouls, they won three because of a strong wind knocking the cheat over.

All in all, it was an interesting game. Our style is kryptonite to almost all of the teams around us. It is also our own biggest weakness, when teams cede possession to us and let us dictate the direction of play. We're going to have to be a bit more creative to try and find a more effective way of playing when we're chasing games instead of waiting for them to unfold.
Fantastic points.

We are 5th currently.

But in a league table of pure squad quality, where would we be? I don't believe we have the 5th best squad, that's for sure.

I don't think it's certain we would be in the top ten either.

We are massively over achieving.

That doesn't mean we don't deserve to be where we are, because we do.

But squad quality and resources Vs league position does not match up

We are probably a mid table squad, lamouchi has found a system that makes us hard to beat and the players have bought into it. He just needs to find a tweak to it for when the other team doesn't want to throw everything at us, he's tried a couple of things but they haven't worked to well. Could be we haven't got enough depth in quality to change, mind you if we can hang onto a top 6 place not many will fancy playing us.

We are probably a mid table squad, lamouchi has found a system that makes us hard to beat and the players have bought into it. He just needs to find a tweak to it for when the other team doesn't want to throw everything at us, he's tried a couple of things but they haven't worked to well. Could be we haven't got enough depth in quality to change, mind you if we can hang onto a top 6 place not many will fancy playing us.
That's why we just needed three quality signings in January...defence is one of the best in the league , midfield lacks two, one on the side nd one in the middle that does the work of Watson nd Silva at the same time...sort of a Watson 10 years younger, in that way we will have room for that extra striker to play alongside Grabban ... if we signed those players we would be unbeatable as teams will be too scared to attack us, nd our final third will have enough quality to break teams like Charlton, Wigan nd Birmingham...

people I’m slagging off? Who?

Ok moaning at, u like joe and cashy but everyone else, particularly the recruitment team have let us down etc etc.

We just drew with the league leaders and had we not of been officiated by the fuck up fairy and the blind linesmen we would have won today (albeit not so pretty again).

Diakhaby and walker have been subs in 2 games. Im still happy to keep trying with carv.

if you're gonna moan (massively understandable) then it should be directed at the right people imo not at forest.

Our record against the top 6 is probably the best, it's just that frustrating lack of cutting edge against the bottom 6. Might be he has to try and get carvhallo involved and get him confident, but he's not making the bench so unlikely.

That's why we just needed three quality signings in January...defence is one of the best in the league , midfield lacks two, one on the side nd one in the middle that does the work of Watson nd Silva at the same time...sort of a Watson 10 years younger, in that way we will have room for that extra striker to play alongside Grabban ... if we signed those players we would be unbeatable as teams will be too scared to attack us, nd our final third will have enough quality to break teams like Charlton, Wigan nd Birmingham...

Jesus malta, what about FFP? On the day after shiteh get a 2 year ban and ur pissed cos we didnt go, fook it we need this, this and this and fook the cost. I want to see us suceed but happy, if not actually relieved that the club appears to be being run sensibly, that is to say living within its means.

Feels like without a stick to beat the club some people are not happy- not really aimed at anyone in particular and it could just be the major grump from today.

Jesus malta, what about FFP? On the day after shiteh get a 2 year ban and ur pissed cos we didnt go, fook it we need this, this and this and fook the cost. I want to see us suceed but happy, if not actually relieved that the club appears to be being run sensibly, that is to say living within its means.

Feels like without a stick to beat the club some people are not happy- not really aimed at anyone in particular and it could just be the major grump from today.
Rat our scouting team had plenty of time to find the players we needed. No need to break the bank, after all Sow Samba and Ribs didnt cost us tens of millions... there r quality unknowns out there, look at Hellas Verona in Italy, their average salary is no more then 10k euros nd with those players they beat Juventus and are sixth in the Serie A ... I m not beating anyone, I m just saying the truth ....if we miss promotion this season, we know why nd were we lost it...

With the system that we play, one up front we need better players in the team, Grabban is having a mare at the moment, teams know how to play Lolley.....one shot on goal, and the fucker goes in.....we are still in the mix and giving the better clubs a hard time...scratching my head once more, don’t know whether to laugh or cry