AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread

Another worrying thing for me is that our undroppable centre back Mings makes more errors every game than any of them. He’s in because he’s a fighter, an organiser, a talker and a gesticulator. Just wish he was a commanding centre half as well.

He's gone from 1 big error a game to 3 or 4 big errors a game, John Terry is stealing a living and needs the boot and shows just why Smith a CB himself was never anything but mediocre or less.

Know our run in is tough but was really referring to the next couple of months. West Ham are struggling and have Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves and Spurs in 6 of their next 7...other is Saints. That's a nightmare set of fixtures at a crucial stage of the season. We need to worry about ourselves but cant see them getting too much of a return from that lot.
Agreed, sad thing is, I can’t see us fairing any better

Bizarre decision to play Reina instead of man of the match Nyland. Not much of a message to the others to play well.
Smith makes bizarre decisions regularly and very rarely do they get justified at this higher level. His substitution of Nakamba and Grealish dropping deep was a shocker. Hourihane must think he won’t play again this season, bet he is buzzing

Didn't he even say that Jack was wasted on the wings, then the very next game he starts him on the wing?

He will play him there again I just know he will. The 3 man front line is part of him clinging to his way of playing. He likes the ball wide and crosses in the box overloading the flanks. If he plays two strikers and Grealish in the hole it’ll be harder to make it happen so he won’t do it.

I think we need two up top and Grealish let do whatever he fucking wants to. Grealish will naturally just find space and he’ll naturally drift to the wings anyway but i can’t see Dean just letting it happen.

25 games played and he isn’t playing his best possible team.

He's gone from 1 big error a game to 3 or 4 big errors a game, John Terry is stealing a living and needs the boot and shows just why Smith a CB himself was never anything but mediocre or less.
Terry was an exceptional player but he can’t work miracles and turn an ok player into a great one. Our three centre halves or whatever they are, can’t hold a candle to Terry. It surely doesn’t take a great coach to teach a 6’4” Centre half how to head a ball when we win a corner. Yet I’m still waiting for any one of the three of them to come up with something. Terry scored regularly every season.

Know our run in is tough but was really referring to the next couple of months. West Ham are struggling and have Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves and Spurs in 6 of their next 7...other is Saints. That's a nightmare set of fixtures at a crucial stage of the season. We need to worry about ourselves but cant see them getting too much of a return from that lot.
Our home games are away bankers

What’s happened to when players used to have a blinder and keep so called better players out the team? Managers who are too pally with the players I think.....can we not resurrect Ron Saunders, cos a few of these need to be told that they’re shite and Smith isn’t the man to do it.

What’s happened to when players used to have a blinder and keep so called better players out the team? Managers who are too pally with the players I think.....can we not resurrect Ron Saunders, cos a few of these need to be told that they’re shite and Smith isn’t the man to do it.

No Smith's the type of twat to take 'em out for a game of golf and a meal.