AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread

Asking Grealish to collect it from our keeper. Smith will come out and say the cup semi effected and tired the players just wait.

I had my head in my hands the two or three times I saw that.

I do wonder whether Grealish does us more harm than good at times re DS's ability to form a team around him - it beggars belief that he's running from one end of the pitch to the other to pick up the ball on the edge of our own area when we've an extra man, just WTF is going on there?

Smith blaming everyone except himself. VAR, ball boys, referee decisions blah blah blah. So feckin boring now, nearly as boring as his supposed fantastic football he is serving up.

Disagree, pretty fair summing up of the game. Most of the time I listen to his comments and think he‘s seen the same game as I have, apart from the Watford debacle a few weeks ago. Today he said we were not good enough with the ball first half, didn’t do enough or create enough against the 10 men, disappointed not to be given a pen when Konsa was punched....all fair enough. Not quite sure what you want him to say but reading through the thread and seeing post after post of criticism he’s going to get slaughtered by one or two whatever he does.....some of it justified to be fair but quite a lot....completely over the top.

Disagree, pretty fair summing up of the game. Most of the time I listen to his comments and think he‘s seen the same game as I have, apart from the Watford debacle a few weeks ago. Today he said we were not good enough with the ball first half, didn’t do enough or create enough against the 10 men, disappointed not to be given a pen when Konsa was punched....all fair enough. Not quite sure what you want him to say but reading through the thread and seeing post after post of criticism he’s going to get slaughtered by one or two whatever he does.....some of it justified to be fair but quite a lot....completely over the top.
I don’t want him to blame VAR and the ball boys that’s for sure. We were not good enough with the ball the whole game, oh and maybe we were not good enough for the start of both halves for the first 10 minutes or so. Been like it since Smith became manager.

Last edited:
Well. That was the exact opposite of what it should have been. Buzzing after tuesday, confidence high, performed against a top team, then that against 10 men for 43 minutes. Glad samantha scored. At least theres one positive. Shocking. Yet again cant put teams with 10 men away. Yet again. Fuming. But hey ho. We go again.

No....but on current form we will lose most of them .

Current form.....? January....Played 5 Won 2, Drawn 1, Lost 2.....7 points out of 15 and beat Leicester over two legs in the cup. Repeat til the end of the season will give us around 43 points wont it....?! Should be enough to survive so perhaps a bit of balance needed eh? No need to throw the towel in just yet after today’s disappointment.

Just took a look at our next 10 games and at best I can see us taking one point away at Saints. I am tired of seeing us playing clueless football whereas all the other teams pass the ball well from the back and within a minute are attacking our team's goal. On the other hand we pass the ball across the midfield or defence or both, showing no urgency nor creativity in trying to quickly pass the ball and go forward to score a goal. Every game shows how shit Smith is as a manager with shit players and a shit coaching staff.