AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread

Was a big lose today. Very disappointed after a good little run.
However I don’t think we are down yet, still a long way to go, other teams looking just as bad as us, little break now that I feel players (mainly Jack) might need.
Big kick in the bollocks, but results have gone our way and if the season ended today we stay up. One thing is for sure, it’s going to be close at the end of the season.

Really disappointing result today, even a point would have been ok given the other results but gave ourselves far too much to do after the poor first half. Two bloody soft goals...nakamba not tracking his man for the first and then a soft free kick given away by Mings, followed by a weak clearance and a poor parry from Reina. Both gifted to them. Positives....first goal for Samatta which should give him confidence and the big plus, Keinan Davis...thought he was superb after coming on. Fingers crossed he can keep fit. We're still outside the bottom 3 despite losing, Watford being beaten was a big bonus for us especially when they were 2 up..perhaps the Pearson honeymoon is over ....and west ham have a horrendous run of fixtures coming up! Keep the faith!

I take it you haven’t seen our run in.:sorry:

Next week I'd fuck off El Ghazi for Davis and move Jack into the middle. Get Samatta and Davis working together and let Jack be the link between the attack and midfield. Too many times since we went to this new formation Jack gets isolated from everyone.

If he goes into the next game with 433 or 343 with one CF and Grealish wide he's learned nothing.

We can't keep clean sheets, he has persisted with the same Central Defenders, surely it would have been sensible to try Chester with Mings, a calm/professional head, but then who am I !!!! Good look at Stoke, James.

Another worrying thing for me is that our undroppable centre back Mings makes more errors every game than any of them. He’s in because he’s a fighter, an organiser, a talker and a gesticulator. Just wish he was a commanding centre half as well.

Was a big lose today. Very disappointed after a good little run.
However I don’t think we are down yet, still a long way to go, other teams looking just as bad as us, little break now that I feel players (mainly Jack) might need.
Big kick in the bollocks, but results have gone our way and if the season ended today we stay up. One thing is for sure, it’s going to be close at the end of the season.
Can we extend this so-called winter break by about 6 months please?

If he goes into the next game with 433 or 343 with one CF and Grealish wide he's learned nothing.

Obviously the idea with what we're playing now is to get Jack further forward but without Mcginn we've not enough in that midfield. Jack drives everything and he needs to be in the middle where he can dictate things.

We’ve become more difficult to score against but are living on luck and desperation. At the same time, because of 5 at the back, we are not geared to attack.
Our midfield is far too nice, lovely blokes, polite and very sportsmanlike. Roy Keane would appalled. Against Leicester I was astounded to see Nakamba run over to a player he had fouled and apologised a real apology. A defensive midfielder can’t play like that. They have to see the opposition as the enemy. In every position, we’re far too passive and nice.
More difficult to score against??? !!!!

I take it you haven’t seen our run in.:sorry:

Know our run in is tough but was really referring to the next couple of months. West Ham are struggling and have Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves and Spurs in 6 of their next 7...other is Saints. That's a nightmare set of fixtures at a crucial stage of the season. We need to worry about ourselves but cant see them getting too much of a return from that lot.