The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20 | Page 137 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to hope Man City play like they did tonight. Looked pretty average and wasteful.

A champions league tie a few days before is a bonus too.

There is no fight in United at all, it seemed like winning on the night mattered more than winning to get into the final. 1-0 up, a goal away from dragging City to ET or Peno's and they just about mount some sort of attack when the bell hit 90. Shocking, shocking, shocking.

OGS reminds me of Lambert more and more. City were there for the taking, I can't believe that that game was a semi final. No onslaught mounted by United at all, City dominated with ease and it won't even register as a loss to City or Pep. I think it shows how small time United and OGS are now, where is the big club and winning mentality.

A shell of themselves.

Edit: I am actually in shock - surely to god you lose attempting to win rather than settle for a 1-0 win and getting knock out.

Got to hope Man City play like they did tonight. Looked pretty average and wasteful.

Yep, got absolutely nothing to lose. Nobody will expect us to beat them but we know that on our day we can give anyone a game. We play to our potential, they perform like they did tonight against let’s face it, a very ordinary Man Utd and who knows! COYVB.......:utv::utv::utv:

There is no fight in United at all, it seemed like winning on the night mattered more than winning to get into the final. 1-0 up, a goal away from dragging City to ET or Peno's and they just about mount some sort of attack when the bell hit 90. Shocking, shocking, shocking.

OGS reminds me of Lambert more and more. City were there for the taking, I can't believe that that game was a semi final. No onslaught mounted by United at all, City dominated with ease and it won't even register as a loss to City or Pep. I think it shows how small time United and OGS are now, where is the big club and winning mentality.

A shell of themselves.

Edit: I am actually in shock - surely to god you lose attempting to win rather than settle for a 1-0 win and getting knock out.

They were down to 10 men. Pretty difficult to attack when they couldn’t get the ball or hold it for any period of time. Their chances of overcoming Man City went when Matic stupidly got himself sent off.

I have just read through all the posts and was just about to ask about this incident because nobody had mentioned it.
At the game I was at the other end of the ground and couldnt see it clearly but on Talkshite tonight they say it was definatly reviewed by VAR and cant understand how a penalty wasnt given.
Seeing that neither can I, given some of the decisions dished out by VAR this season.

I strongly suspect they've dialled down the nonsense VAR decision making these past couple of weeks mate in response to the criticism of heavy-handedness on prior decisions - I.E. no way is it a "clear and obvious" mistake by the referee/linesman, like the leather of the heel of Wesley's boot being "offside" a few games ago for us.

Nakamba has his back to the ball and can have no clue where the ball is going, never mind put his hands into the way of the ball on purpose, so on common-sense grounds it's not a penalty to me.

A month ago they would have got the handball IMO but as I say, I'm sure they've dialled it down to something more useful and in the spirit of the game recently rather than measuring millimetres as "clear and obvious" mistakes.

Well the way to beat Citeh is to attack them - the problem of course is their counter-attacking which can be lethal and we're pretty horrible at quick transitions of possession as half of our conceded goals this season prove.

Leicester and Citeh could play each other ten times and come out pretty even right now but Leicester are a good team for us to play against, Citeh aren't.

All that said, it's Wembley, if we're still growing in confidence by 1st March then of course it's winnable for us - let's hope we do it to strike one back for the proper clubs in the country, every neutral will want us to win for the common good.

A shell of themselves.

Utd just aren't what they once were mate - just look at the players, they're playing Lingard FFS, a rich man's Ghazi ...

It'll likely take Utd longer to get back to what they once were (if ever) than it'll take us to be a regular top half PL club.

They were down to 10 men. Pretty difficult to attack when they couldn’t get the ball or hold it for any period of time. Their chances of overcoming Man City went when Matic stupidly got himself sent off.

True and I know and understand that however I still think the failure to mount any sort of pressure in a cup semi final is shocking. They limped out of the cup 10 men or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.