The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20 | Page 136 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats interesting about this is City don't have to attacked but can't sit back and defend they only know how to attack so United have a chance either on the break or if they can somehow mount a bit of pressure.

He actually said "nothing wrong with a good natured pitch invasion."
I do have issues with pitch invasions for the reasons stated. Was looking forward to the players coming up to the Holte end of the pitch to celibrate and it has also resulted in Leicester players complaining they were manhandled and goaded by Villa fans and given the FA the oppurtunity to hit us with another fine.
Its also small time for a club our size.
And it took him all of 15 seconds to decide between which pitch invasion was good natured and which wasn't, when his own evidence is an applicable BBC feed on camera, where there was no difference on view and it was fans celebrating with their players and ignoring the opposition.

Not having it mate - you can't laud one pitch invasion and criminalise another when the exact same things happen, and sorry no, you can't also say Shrewsbury fans are better deserving (I know you didn't, I'm making the point) because they shit canned 3 Prem sides in the Cup only a couple of seasons ago, and they did it then. It's not new.

Just because a couple of players decide to cry afterwards, it's the same thing, it cannot be entirely different from someone in his seat.

And it took him all of 15 seconds to decide between which pitch invasion was good natured and which wasn't, when his own evidence is an applicable BBC feed on camera, where there was no difference on view and it was fans celebrating with their players and ignoring the opposition.

Not having it mate - you can't laud one pitch invasion and criminalise another when the exact same things happen, and sorry no, you can't also say Shrewsbury fans are better deserving (I know you didn't, I'm making the point) because they shit canned 3 Prem sides in the Cup only a couple of seasons ago, and they did it then. It's not new.

Just because a couple of players decide to cry afterwards, it's the same thing, it cannot be entirely different from someone in his seat.
When you say "not having it mate" are you talking to me or Linekar.

When you say "not having it mate" are you talking to me or Linekar.

The contradiction dude - as said, I don't mind pitch invasions but that doesn't mean I'd take part or support them, so to speak, as there are other things to consider in a wider context than some simply getting carried away and then others blindly following like sheep.

It's the hypocrisy I can't stand and it's the hypocrisy I rail against when the likes of Lineker's prejudice's come out on the topic. That's what I meant I wasn't having 'mate' if that makes more sense now dude lol

On the news tonight, manhandled and goaded by Villa fans.
Man handled - so even their PR leak can't find criminal behaviour and nobody yet has footage of this?

As for goading....

And the likes of Maddison are more upset about the apparent penalty denial?

I have just read through all the posts and was just about to ask about this incident because nobody had mentioned it.
At the game I was at the other end of the ground and couldnt see it clearly but on Talkshite tonight they say it was definatly reviewed by VAR and cant understand how a penalty wasnt given.
Seeing that neither can I, given some of the decisions dished out by VAR this season.

The contradiction dude - as said, I don't mind pitch invasions but that doesn't mean I'd take part or support them, so to speak, as there are other things to consider in a wider context than some simply getting carried away and then others blindly following like sheep.

It's the hypocrisy I can't stand and it's the hypocrisy I rail against when the likes of Lineker's prejudice's come out on the topic. That's what I meant I wasn't having 'mate' if that makes more sense now dude lol
Yes it does make more sense Mike. Sorry Mike I thought you were saying you wernt having my point of view.

I thought initially it had come off his hip to be honest. Given the now ridiculous handball rules referees are going by, that is stonewall to be fair - even if in my days that would've been accidental as his hand was 'retreating' from the ball, as opposed to going towards it.

It was VAR checked though as far as I'm aware?

Man handled - so even their PR leak can't find criminal behaviour and nobody yet has footage of this?

As for goading....

And the likes of Maddison are more upset about the apparent penalty denial?
Get all of that, but why give them the chance.

Yes it does make more sense Mike. Sorry Mike I thought you were saying you wernt having my point of view.
No, not at all dude! I mostly agree with you on the topic, I've just got a bee in my bonnet about the Lineker like hypocrisy lol My apologies for not being clearer and making you think that matey.

:cheers: my bad!

Don't worry folks with all our dosh, Deano in charge, balon d'or winning Super Jack leading the team it's only a matter of time when winning leagues , reaching cup finals and winning cups will be the norm. Then pitch invasions will be a thing of the past.

Get all of that, but why give them the chance.
Agree, I wouldn't personally mate. But I think you might now understand my point lol

I just go back to the Baggies invasion, and the only thing caught on camera despite the fallout was 2-3 of their players taking swings at our fans but nothing ever came of that.

Yet we're in the dark ages as a club.

I thought initially it had come off his hip to be honest. Given the now ridiculous handball rules referees are going by, that is stonewall to be fair - even if in my days that would've been accidental as his hand was 'retreating' from the ball, as opposed to going towards it.

It was VAR checked though as far as I'm aware?

It was checked. I’m hoping they are moving away from some of these stupid over ruling the ref on the pitch. It’s supposed to be used for an obvious error.
If the ref saw it and deemed him to be so close it wasn’t intentional handball then it’s inconsistent with what’s been given but not an obvious error.

Status
Not open for further replies.