The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20 | Page 139 | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Man U LC semi final in 71 was THE most incredible crowd. Probably I think that being a small kid at the time. One of my first avfc games . The Holte was unbelievable 62k sold out with villa fans snapping up hhe few mu tickets returned. Incredible.
Of course this is probably the most unforgettable game in the last 50+ years, it was actually in Dec 1970 and I was there as I was at the 1'st leg a week earlier. The Holte was indeed seethingly unbelievable, an ocean of Villa, the air in the ground was replaced by an atmosphere, it was the stuff dreams were made of and anyone there that night will never ever forget it. The floorboards in the Trinity got a real hammering, the noise was not just deafening, it was shattering. What a magnificent team Villa were at that moment, although undoubtedly Chico, Willie, Andy & Pat got the headlines.

As an aside, I sure had more legroom [i.e. very little as opposed to even less] in the Holte End for this game than I did when Pele came to town - don't believe official attendances.

As we now know it will be Citeh at Wembley, I am happy with that. I couldn't stand losing to either but Salford is the worst scenario because of their glory hunting followers and because the scum kicked my head in in the Serpentine way back when whilst the boys in blue just watched.

Last edited:
Of course this is probably the most unforgettable games in the last 50+ years, it was actually in Dec 1970 and I was there as I was at the 1'st leg a week earlier. The Holte was indeed seethingly unbelievable, an ocean of Villa, the air in the ground was replaced by an atmosphere, it was the stuff dreams were made of and anyone there that night will never ever forget it. The floorboards in the Trinity got a real hammering, the noise was not just deafening, it was shattering. What a magnificent team Villa were at that moment, although undoubtedly Chico, Willie, Andy & Pat got the headlines.
As we now know it will be Citeh at Wembley, I am happy with that. I couldn't stand losing to either but Salford it the worst scenario because of their glory hunting followers and because the scum kicked my head in in the Serpentine way back when whilst the boys in blue just watched.
Agree on all counts. City have only just started winning stuff reasonably recently.United fans have had entitlement and bragging rights for decades before. Would rather lose to city than them.

What a night, i did not cry like Watford game but just happy and hugged and kissed everyone.

Up the Villa.

Not sure about those 3 defensively. At all.

Agreed I love Guilbert the other two I couldn't care less about but as Maldini used to say "if I have to make a tackle I've already made a mistake" and Guilbert makes a lot of tackles and often last ditch.

Sounds like Kortney is not the sharpest tool in the box by saying this in an interview to the BBC.

Meanwhile, Aston Villa defender Kortney Hause admitted his side resorted to "the dirty side of the game" to secure their place in the final.
"The game plan was not to give them any respect and go up against them and foul them," said Hause.
"As soon as they looked like they were going to break through, bring them down, break up the play.
"Being aggressive, getting in people's faces, breaking up the play and, as bad as it sounds, fouling people is part of the game. Against [Manchester] City, that's what you've got to do because they're a very good side."

The Man U LC semi final in 71 was THE most incredible crowd. Probably I think that being a small kid at the time. One of my first avfc games . The Holte was unbelievable 62k sold out with villa fans snapping up hhe few mu tickets returned. Incredible.
Agree, that is still my most memorable night at Villa Park, 20 years old, watched it with my late father and it is still firmly up there with all the other great nights at our fantastic old stadium.

Sounds like Kortney is not the sharpest tool in the box by saying this in an interview to the BBC.

Meanwhile, Aston Villa defender Kortney Hause admitted his side resorted to "the dirty side of the game" to secure their place in the final.
"The game plan was not to give them any respect and go up against them and foul them," said Hause.
"As soon as they looked like they were going to break through, bring them down, break up the play.
"Being aggressive, getting in people's faces, breaking up the play and, as bad as it sounds, fouling people is part of the game. Against [Manchester] City, that's what you've got to do because they're a very good side."
Jack is tactically fouled every time he gets on the ball, I just read that as Hause admitting we're learning and we're not just going to suck it up in future in fairness mate.

Jack is tactically fouled every time he gets on the ball, I just read that as Hause admitting we're learning and we're not just going to suck it up in future in fairness mate.

I understand that mate but don't tell the press as it just alerts referees as to what we are doing.

Being alert, tracking attackers and maintaining position are also part of the game, Kortney, the biggest part for a defender.

Being alert, tracking attackers and maintaining position are also part of the game, Kortney, the biggest part for a defender.

I am just curious what our long term plan is, is Deano going to shift back to a 433 next season or stick with the 343. If we stick with 343 a new centre back will have to be a priority, Hause needs regular football too but going with 433 we probably need a CB and an LB.

I am just curious what our long term plan is, is Deano going to shift back to a 433 next season or stick with the 343. If we stick with 343 a new centre back will have to be a priority, Hause needs regular football too but going with 433 we probably need a CB and an LB.

Yes, the current crop are not capable of playing 4-3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.