Match Thread: Lincoln City v Tranmere Rovers | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Tranmere Rovers

Yes reminded me of a typical Cowley performance from the last third of last season
Can’t complain as it’s another 3 points to the safety net target
We’re going in the right direction

keep dates in May free for a run in the play offs and possibly another Wembley appearance.
...................remind me how many of the MUFC youths will be arriving in January?
Largie(Ramazani)..............WHERE ARE YOU?

Last edited:
That akinde goal was rubbish. It came back off the bar and only just crossed the line even though he was really close to the goal. What a dismal attempt. He really is a hopeless lump.

You jest but there were a couple of fellas sat behind me today that were laying into him all game, and didn’t even celebrate when he scored.

Last edited:
You jest but there were a couple of fellas sat behind me today that were laying into him all game, and didn’t even celebrate when he scored.
Might aswell sit in there chairs at home then. Don't understand how it matters how it went in he could of had a shot and it bounced off the keepers head and went in for all I care. Does it really matter a goal is a goal some of lincolns fan base are pretty thick

keep dates in May free for a run in the play offs and possibly another Wembley appearance.
...................remind me how many of the MUFC youths will be arriving in January?
Largie(Ramazani)..............WHERE ARE YOU?

Thats the spirit MApp needs believers on the journey and joy to the championship today is the start we need the Utd youth ASAP
Sir Alex is watching..

Seen worse games and far worse performances. Wasnt a classic but on a slightly boggy pitch against 10 men it wasnt that bad. Morrel being subbed was an odd one as he looked MOM uptil then. Harry A kept battling.. did some good things and dithered on the ball sometimes too. JA got a goal and lead the line well enough. Still not convinced about Grant. Anyways 3 points is the thing that matters.

Thats the spirit MApp needs believers on the journey and joy to the championship today is the start we need the Utd youth ASAP
Sir Alex is watching..

Todays pitch wasn't great. Bit bobbly and grass seemed quite long. We will probably be scrapping for wins as we have in the last two games using grit and determination rather than silky skills
Now I would love to be wrong but some 19 year old fancy player from Manure might not be exactly what a L1 fight for survival needs

Freezing out there today and christmas on the way .Yet you think it's oppriate to criticise those who have turned out to support the Imps today ? Have a fucking word with yourself

It’s hardly criticism, he just said it’s not outstanding, which is isn’t. It’s a good crowd but nothing out of the blue. People take things so personally on here.

Very much of a “not long in the memory” game, but 3 points is 3 points and was just nice to be back at the bank.. err sorry LNER.

Todays pitch wasn't great. Bit bobbly and grass seemed quite long. We will probably be scrapping for wins as we have in the last two games using grit and determination rather than silky skills
Now I would love to be wrong but some 19 year old fancy player from Manure might not be exactly what a L1 fight for survival needs

It is lucky we wont be in a fight for survival then.

Their striker certainly helped matters getting himself sent off. It's one standing in front of a free kick to delay it, but kicking a foot out to block it is pure stupidity, especially already on a booking. Refreshing to see a ref actually punish. That said the ref was very poor for both sides.

Also wish Harry would put a ball in first time instead of waiting for the defender coming across, running it to the touchline and having it blocked/giving away possession.

Back home in a now very wet West Midlands. A pretty forgettable match to be honest but as many have said before it's a case of results end of so another very welcome 3 points there especially as seeing other results today with MK and Wimbledon wins the gap between us and 21st is still healthy enough at the moment.
Not read the thread yet so need to catch up but can I give a shout out today to the performance of Cian Bolger. Nothing got past him either in the air or on the ground and he'll be my MOM nomination
I totally agree with you about Bolger- he was sound throughout and tried several times to speed up bringing the ball forward and was successful with his passing- definitely my MoM.

Big Apple not happy with the attacking play and quite scathing of JA barring the goal. Listening to him, whilst being careful not to put some of the current players under the bus he clearly knows where the team needs to strengthen and will be quite ruthless in doing so.

An important three points of course as it means we can start to look up the table. Not that I thought three points were deserved.

I know a lot of you say you prefer winning ugly to losing prettily (as if winning well wasn't actually possible) and I'll admit there are some times when you have to accept it's not good and all you can hope to get from a game is a good result.

But half a dozen consecutive performances like that, and I wouldn't bother watching the seventh.
To be fair we had plenty of wins in the previous 3 seasons where the games were a bit turgid

On the subject of the attendance, the same weekend last season (v Morecambe) was the last time we dipped under 8,000 fans for a home league match.

Only the second league match in 29 (!) where they have been under 8,000 Imps (or at least what are counted as Imps) in the stadium.

Seen worse games and far worse performances. Wasnt a classic but on a slightly boggy pitch against 10 men it wasnt that bad. Morrel being subbed was an odd one as he looked MOM uptil then. Harry A kept battling.. did some good things and dithered on the ball sometimes too. JA got a goal and lead the line well enough. Still not convinced about Grant. Anyways 3 points is the thing that matters.

Grant is interesting. He made a beautiful turn on the edge of their box and slotted the ball to Harry who shot just wide in the second half. He saw a fair bit of the ball and tried to get things moving, and he put a couple of lovely long wide balls out to the right wing. I thought he had an OK game.

Also wish Harry would put a ball in first time instead of waiting for the defender coming across, running it to the touchline and having it blocked/giving away possession.
To varying degrees, there appears to be a reluctance to do anything with the ball quickly or on instinct. Extra touches and passes abound at present. So many time Anderson was wide open (practically every time we got the ball, and Grant to an extent the other side), or Toffs was screaming forward in space, but the ball took 3 or 4 passes to get there. It is OK to miss someone out of the crab chain!