🚹 Son Heung-Min - Player Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

🚹 Son Heung-Min - Player Thread

He is the quintessential confidence player Chiv. But I honestly think Pep would turn the bloke into Ronaldo, look what he has done to Sterling and Sonny has more natural ability, way more.

He is the quintessential confidence player Chiv. But I honestly think Pep would turn the bloke into Ronaldo, look what he has done to Sterling and Sonny has more natural ability, way more.

Pep would scream at Son every minute for his poor work rate. But agree he would turn him into a worldie.

Great 5 min period last night. Sonny was selfish and should have passed but shot wide when we had men over and an open goal. Kane gave him the treatment. A couple of minutes later Son instinctively put the ball in for Kane who was inches from getting on the header. Immediate thumbs up from Kane.

Sonny is a major player for us but needs to keep working at the minor weaknesses in his game. When he does things instinctively he is as good as anyone. Where he needs to work is at developing his football brain.

I never want him to stop smiling though. Such a great guy.

Great 5 min period last night. Sonny was selfish and should have passed but shot wide when we had men over and an open goal. Kane gave him the treatment. A couple of minutes later Son instinctively put the ball in for Kane who was inches from getting on the header. Immediate thumbs up from Kane.

Sonny is a major player for us but needs to keep working at the minor weaknesses in his game. When he does things instinctively he is as good as anyone. Where he needs to work is at developing his football brain.

His single biggest weakness is his inexplicable inability to look up and play the simple ball - he over elaborates time after time - but you can't take away his goal scoring ability but I just wish he had a bit more composure where it matters.

He is Sooo not our problem top bloke top pro he HAS to win something at Spurs an FA cup like Harry its natural justice. His flaws are so over shadowed by the human being. I think we saw last night against a team that were championship standard that the bad minds have to go.

His single biggest weakness is his inexplicable inability to look up and play the simple ball - he over elaborates time after time - but you can't take away his goal scoring ability but I just wish he had a bit more composure where it matters.

Harry has to coax Son into being a little less impulsive. I wouldn't want to stifle his enthusiasm though. The two of them compliment each other well.

Jose has had limited time to cast his spells over players . It's not an element Son does not have in his game but we saw Son the provider today at spam. Jose will want to maximise Sons effectiveness by fine tuning his decision making and positional side. Its early days but just imagine if Jose can get the best out of all our players.

Jose has had limited time to cast his spells over players . It's not an element Son does not have in his game but we saw Son the provider today at spam. Jose will want to maximise Sons effectiveness by fine tuning his decision making and positional side. Its early days but just imagine if Jose can get the best out of all our players.

Getting the best out of them is only half of it, I want to see an improved mentality and being ruthless when we’re on top.

Although extremely important to the development and success of a player, let's put the fact the Son is a nice guy to one side.

What does Jose do to bring out the best in this Son?

His inconsistency is frustrating and combined with his tendency to be greedy, it's certainly costing us.

One can afford to be greedy if you are a prolific goal scorer, which he is not.

I was shot down for criticizing the South Korean football culture. I'm trying not to generalize, however I've had a hell of a lot of experience with SK's in football and in life. They are cut from a different cloth to many of us, and hopefully Jose and his gang have the ability to influence and change Son into more of a team player.

Assists before goals, and then the goals will come as he finds himself in the positions to then make the correct decision for the team.

Looks like Jose has turned him into at least Ronaldo MK 1. Said as much himself. With such ability that Son has invariably when it doesn't work it's frustrating but it's that belief in himself that allows him to do it. I watched that run and goal a few times in its elements. It's hard enough running that fast and keeping control of the ball with gentle taps to keep close but Son put in a couple of heavier touches deliberately into spaces in front of him to run onto and away from the frantic chasing Burnley players.
It was a career defining goal for Sonny, like the Ricky Villa one, will be forever shown in years to come as a example of the beautiful game.

I am not Son's biggest fan. Only because if I played alongside him I think I would lose it with him as he is to goal hungry and that makes him hold on to the ball to long and just go for the shot. Yesterday's goal was amazing.

He tried that run a few times further up the pitch but kept getting tackled. Eventually he was going to score a worldie.

The shackles are off and it's great to see.

Poch really did start to ruin this team.

He tried that run a few times further up the pitch but kept getting tackled. Eventually he was going to score a worldie.

The shackles are off and it's great to see.

Poch really did start to ruin this team.

Get the feeling the front 4 are told to do what ever they want and play by gut with a few exceptions when tracking back.

Great to see and 16 goals in 5 games is a great return

Great individual goal.

I like the way he says he was looking for Dele and couldn't see him.

This after the break where Dele really mucked it up with Sonny standing completely unmarked and Sonny ended up jumping up in anger at being ignored.

Great goal though Sonny , get angry more often !